2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
I know that sometimes we get stuck in our habits of just reading one or two sections of Piano World and I wanted to bring attention to this past weekend's Maine Event Party held at KathyK's. Just sharing how Piano World has brought us together. Several of us from New England attended as well as Bernard from Brocklyn. About 23 if I counted correctly!

[Linked Image]

These parties are so much fun. Friendship, food, families, and nonstop playing.

Remember back when we were kids and had to be bribed to play for others? Not so at our parties! And the pics below will attest to that!

So check out the Forum Members Parties Tours Etc

Here on page 3:

http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/22/171/3.html

....and a few more pics (some dups) over at the 'old piano forum coffee room forum' at Well Tempered Forum (most of us met each other here!)

http://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6010061175

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
maine! my homeland smile where in maine were you?

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Now who the heck would star this a one? When it is about a piano, players, and sharing music.

JERK. It is people like you who make some of us not want to bother to post. (and come to think if it, maybe that IS your agenda????)

bplary - the party took place half hour north of Portland, then some of us ventured into old town Portland the next day for a looksee! And what part of maine do you hang your hat? Wish you would have joined us. It was listed on the PW members tours and parties. Some of us know each other from past parties and some of us came for the first time. Hope to see you at the next NE party!

JERK - take your ball and go play by yourself.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything."
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by lilylady:
Now who the heck would star this a one? When it is about a piano, players, and sharing music.

JERK. It is people like you who make some of us not want to bother to post. (and come to think if it, maybe that IS your agenda????)

bplary - the party took place half hour north of Portland, then some of us ventured into old town Portland the next day for a looksee! And what part of maine do you hang your hat? Wish you would have joined us. It was listed on the PW members tours and parties. Some of us know each other from past parties and some of us came for the first time. Hope to see you at the next NE party!

JERK - take your ball and go play by yourself.
Lily,

It's just is some loser - or more than one loser - here who rates every thread one star.

Probably has arrested development issues, combined with low self esteem due to small hands (if you know what I mean).

Sometimes there are very interesting topics with a lot of intelligent and enlightening discussion, and they get a one star rating.

No one really pays attention to it.

4000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
4000 Post Club Member
Thank you, Phlebas, for your note.

To have this rating system work, it is suppose to be about the contributions within the thread...yet this one had none when the JERK rated it (without a post yah or nay and why). Rather immature and presumptuous that 'his' opinion mattered without narry a post on the subject, wouldn't you say? Reminds me of grammar school and picking sides for Red Rover or Dodge Ball.

I didn't realize that this was normal here.

Certainly this system needs some reconsideration!

Or else the JERK also gets the name of LOSER in my book!

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission