--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I attended Brian's solo piano concert, November 21, @ St. Mary's College MD. For those who don't know, Brian is musician-in-residence of St. Mary's College and a Peabody Institue grad, and has recently released a CD of Chopin's Preludes.

Despite the best efforts of Mother Nature, heavy rain, cold temps and high winds, many braved the elements including myself to enjoy the concert.

Program was as follows

Mozart: Minuet in D, K. 355
Adaigo in B Minor, K. 540
Gigue in G, K. 574

Debussy:
Images from Book 1
Reflets dans l'eau
Hommage a' Rameau
from Book 2
Poissons d'or

Chopin
24 Preludes, Op.28

The concert was terrific, at times i was spellbound at the combination of technique, speed and sensitivity of the performances. My personal observation was that the Debussy really must be heard in person to appreciate the nuiances of tone, dyamics and resonance. Again, the Chopin preludes always amaze me, that pieces of music that short in duration, can say so much. I was amazed that no strings snapped in the finale of the No 24 Prelude in D Minor.

Had a chance to talk to Brian after the concert, mostly chit chat, and get an autographed CD. As most know, he is one of the classiest, and most approachable people. Again this was a free concert. I believe he is performing in the D.C area in the next few weeks at a cost. I felt privaleged to witness the performance.