2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
59 members (brdwyguy, Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, 11 invisible), 1,905 guests, and 301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
OP Offline
A
Hello everyone,

Lets just do something for those who devoted their time in our musical development. I encorage everyone who has videos of their own teaches playing, to please share their work with us.

Here is mine, Doutor Caio Pagano in Brahms 2nd Piano Concerto (end of 1st movement)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55ZOdRXn_Pg

Please share your teachers work!

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
my teacher can play for sure, and he has his videos of some Rach etudes op.33/39 on youtube, which you might have watched without knowing. but i'm not posting the links, since he's unknown and might be better stay that way. one day, if ever he'd get famous, i would surely let everyone know who my teacher is (or was then)...

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
If one does have access to videos of one's teacher playing, make sure that you get the permission of your teacher - or any performer, for that matter - before posting any such videos for public viewing.

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
A
OP Offline
A
Well this video is poasted to public view and he kwnows that, so it has his consent...

Anyway, i think one should not poast a video on youtube without the interpreters consent, once on youtube it is ALWAYS a public viewing!!

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by andrevazpereira:
Well this video is poasted to public view and he kwnows that, so it has his consent...

Anyway, i think one should not poast a video on youtube without the interpreters consent, once on youtube it is ALWAYS a public viewing!!
You didn't specify YouTube in the OP.

Also, just because something is on YouTube doesn't mean that the video was taken or posted with the teachers'/pianists' permission.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally posted by signa:
my teacher can play for sure, and he has his videos of some Rach etudes op.33/39 on youtube, which you might have watched without knowing. but i'm not posting the links, since he's unknown and might be better stay that way. one day, if ever he'd get famous, i would surely let everyone know who my teacher is (or was then)...
That was the single most confusing post...

So, he's unknown, yet we may have seen him play. You won't mention his name because he's not famous, but if he became famous, you would say his name freely. But it's better for him to stay unknown, which is why you won't post the links. He plays great and has videos on youtube, but you'd rather nobody see them.

confused

A
OP Offline
A
Phlebas, in this case it means... just see the channel who poted the link, paganopianoproject, it has videos not only from him but also from his students.

Greetings from PORTUGAL to everyone.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Where was this performance? That's a NY Steinway.

Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons.
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
the point is if my teacher would want me to mention his name. so, i prefer staying out of it.

btw, what i said was sort like joking, and please don't take it too seriously.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
I think the OP was just trying to communicate his respect for his teacher, who is obviously a wonderful musician.

I think others here might feel they would lose some of their anonymity if they identified their teacher, or might be offended if some of the "jerks and idiots" who sometimes surface on line would attack their teacher.

Private Piano Teacher
MTNA/NJMTA/SJMTA
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Andre, I'm wondering if you didn't post that video of your teacher in hopes that people would stumble across your own playing.

smile

I'm just kidding around. I very much enjoyed the Schubert!

Daniel

Currently working on:
-Poulenc Trois pièces
-Liszt Harmonies du Soir
-Bach/Brahms Chaconne for Left Hand
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by DameMyra:
I think others here might feel they would lose some of their anonymity if they identified their teacher, or might be offended if some of the "jerks and idiots" who sometimes surface on line would attack their teacher.
you're quite right. thank you, and i couldn't say it any better.

A
OP Offline
A
oh, don`t bother watching my videos, they are a waste of time comparing to the videos of my teacher, i just hope he gets to play on video other concertos that i have only in amateur recording like the rach 2, 3rd Prokofiev, 1st Schostakovich, 2nd Bartok...

Anyway, post videos of your own teachers and pay tribute to their musical skills!

Thank you everyone!

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
My teacher not only plays it, he teaches it, he can sing it, play both parts (orchestral reduction), analyze it, conduct it, etc. etc. - you get the picture. He's so good I don't want anybody to know I've got him...

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by CherryCoke:
[b] my teacher can play for sure, and he has his videos of some Rach etudes op.33/39 on youtube, which you might have watched without knowing. but i'm not posting the links, since he's unknown and might be better stay that way. one day, if ever he'd get famous, i would surely let everyone know who my teacher is (or was then)...

So, he's unknown, yet we may have seen him play. You won't mention his name because he's not famous, but if he became famous, you would say his name freely. But it's better for him to stay unknown, which is why you won't post the links. He plays great and has videos on youtube, but you'd rather nobody see them.

confused [/b]
I can well understand a certain hesitation to share given special circumstances.
In the case of my mentor, well known amongst his peers within his "school" of jazz, and having a waiting list of students, after sharing one video and a few wave files on this forum, for one, he was barraged with dozens of insulting posts and then banned.
Ironically, his pianistic/improvisational abilities far transcend any other jazz musician I've ever heard even that of his mentor, an opinion that was shared at the time by very few on this forum.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally posted by BJones:
Originally posted by CherryCoke:
[b]
[b] my teacher can play for sure, and he has his videos of some Rach etudes op.33/39 on youtube, which you might have watched without knowing. but i'm not posting the links, since he's unknown and might be better stay that way. one day, if ever he'd get famous, i would surely let everyone know who my teacher is (or was then)...

confused [/b]
I can well understand a certain hesitation to share given special circumstances, such as that of my mentor.
Well known amongst his peers within his "school" of jazz, and having a waiting list of students, after sharing one video and a few wave files on this forum, for one, he was barraged with dozens of insulting posts and then banned.
Ironically, his pianistic/improvisational abilities far transcend any other jazz musician I've ever heard even that of his mentor, an opinion that was shared at the time by very few on this forum. [/b]

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission