2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
63 members (BMKE, Andrew E., AndrewJCW, brdwyguy, ambrozy, 36251, Carey, 14 invisible), 531 guests, and 265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pete14 #3229274 06/30/22 09:15 AM
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by Pete14
Oh, you meant Martha (not Marths), silly me!

For a moment I wondered if Marths and Martha were related, but didn’t ask.

Now, I don’t know what drives Martha, and perhaps I overstepped by implying there might be something going on at home that compels her to go out on the road at the age of 81, but still I’d say Martha is the exception, not the norm.

I don’t agree with your assumption that she is the exception, but I really don’t want to do more homework right now.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
wink

Pete14 #3229429 06/30/22 08:32 PM
Online Content
Originally Posted by dogperson
Not all concert pianists have the same idea of how much they want to perform. For example, Marths Argerich, at 81, has 81 concerts scheduled between July 5 and the end of the year.

BTW: Her net worth is estimated at 6.9 million $

No pleasures of sitting at home on a rainy day for her 😊 she obviously has enough saved for a lot of rainy days at home

I’m not familiar with Marths, but I speculate there might be something amiss at home that compels her to still go out there at 81.
So you haven't heard of one of the most famous pianists on the planet but you think you can speculate about why young(Trifonov) or old pianists choose to play the number of concerts they do? Many/most great pianists play concerts well into their 70s or even 80s if they are in good health.

Trifonov is probably already a millionaire many times over. He is among the most popular pianists on the planet for almost a decade. If he cut his playing schedule in half he would still make many millions each year just from concerts, and barring some serious adverse event has many decades of performing ahead of him.

There are certainly possible disadvantages from having a very heavy schedule(exhaustion, greater risk of injury, less time to compose or learn new repertoire, less time with family) but I assume he has thought about those carefully and weighed them against what he sees as the benefits of such a schedule. I think the chances that he chooses a heavy schedule for the reasons you mention are extremely small.

N
N
I'd imagine people like Argerich and Trifonov just love the instrument and music so they'd just want to keep performing if they can? I can't really imagine it being about the money at their status. I do hope he doesn't push it too hard and cause a more permanent injury for himself though. eek

Nemaara #3229569 07/01/22 04:17 PM
Online Content
Originally Posted by Nemaara
I'd imagine people like Argerich and Trifonov just love the instrument and music so they'd just want to keep performing if they can? I can't really imagine it being about the money at their status. I do hope he doesn't push it too hard and cause a more permanent injury for himself though. eek
Yes, I think that's correct.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Conditions with recurrent symptoms are treacherous because by definition there are periods where the person feels no symptoms, leading them to believe that they are cured, only to have the symptoms come back later, sometimes more severe. In Daniil's case, just the passage of time could be enough for his current symptoms to go away, but for how long? Hopefully he will consult a physician and not resume his career hastefully.

Soli Chopin gloria
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by pianoloverus

What’s love got to do with it?

What’s love but a second-hand emotion?

No, it’s not love that drives Marths into the bright stage lights; it’s something deeper!

I’m certain that brain surgeons “love” the brain, but I ask you, how many 80-year-olds have you seen operating on the brain as of recent?

Pete14 #3229648 07/01/22 08:52 PM
Online Content

No, it’s not love that drives Marths into the bright stage lights; it’s something deeper!

I’m certain that brain surgeons “love” the brain, but I ask you, how many 80-year-olds have you seen operating on the brain as of recent?
If this is supposed to be funny, it's pretty feeble. If this is a serious post, it's off the wall. My best guess is you're just trolling.

Pete14 #3229650 07/01/22 09:00 PM
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber

Me thinks you need to leave your arm-chair psycho babble alone and go work on one of your novels. You can wax about deep motivation for about 150 pages there.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
laugh

B
B
Pre pandemic, Trifinov was the last live recital I heard in SoCal. Post pandemic, his was the first I saw live at Walt Disney Concert Hall in a performance of the Brahms Third Sonata.
During pandemic, there were no live recitals, so active concert artists either took a break or learned new repertoire. Coming out of pandemic there may have been a too quick return to the stage, which could have led to overuse or perhaps not enough stamina for a rigorouse concert schedule to make up for past engagements.
I think the post pandemic concert performances should be carefully regulated for concert artists, rushing back into the previous flow of things could lead to issues, not just physically but mentally exhausting too.
That said, Daniil probably loves to perform for his public and to share his musical insights. Hoping he has a full recovery.

Estonia 190 #6209
Working on:
Liszt: Chasse Neige
Online Content
Trifonov must be recovered. He has recently been playing both Brahms concerti(not in the same concert).

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Trifonov must be recovered. He has recently been playing both Brahms concerti(not in the same concert).

His concert schedule on his home page is packed for the remainder of July

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Dissonant overtones when mute rail is engaged
by MattH22 - 08/11/22 08:36 PM
Your piano teacher
by Dscally - 08/11/22 07:25 PM
To RD-2000 owners
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/11/22 07:18 PM
Buying a Yamaha U1?
by ada d. - 08/11/22 05:31 PM
What does a bouncy key action mean?
by Raquel Cruz - 08/11/22 04:38 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,349
Posts3,215,587
Members106,065
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission