2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
30 members (Animisha, brennbaer, Cominut, crab89, aphexdisklavier, admodios, busa, drumour, Foxtrot3, EVC2017, 3 invisible), 1,214 guests, and 276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Micah-
Hi all, I tried the MP11SE the other day for the first time, the first thing I noticed is that the action was heavy/stiff. This piano was brand new out of the box, is this normal or am I just not used to this? It wasnt THAT bad but I currently have a Yamaha Arius YDP-V240 and its very light. It may be due to the fact that im not used to it. Regardless the quality of it felt extremely nice and the sounds are amazing. I was in a rush so only got about 20 minutes of play time. I think im gonna head back there for another play and if I like it ill get one then and there. The second step is some speakers, audio interface, and a nice stand that wont move around too much. I am looking at HS5's for speakers. I was considering HS7's but my room is tiny, and ive heard smaller speakers for smaller rooms is better, is this true? If so ill go with the HS5's. In terms of an audio interface I really have no idea what I need or how much it costs for a decent interface. And for a stand ive seen a few around but they are like $500, am I gonna have to pay around this price for a stand that will be nice and sturdy? If you have any answers for me please let me know smile. Thank you

Micah.

Don't! HS7 is perfectly fine for a small room (HS7 is actually 6.5") and in the worst case scenario you can get away with with very few cheap acoustic panels.
You should compare the action with an acoustic grand not your previous DP.

- As others said, the action is hammer and weighted action and is very differnt from your Yamaha. It may become a bit smoother but probably 10% lighter??

- Never ever rely on a keyboard's audio interface they are crap in general. Also, I'm not sure about the suggested fantom here, "but" it's very unlikely that you can hook a mic to it, and it's very likely that the headphones out is of low quality.

I previously suggested M4, it is cheap and loaded with new features. It really depends what you want to do with it. For home use, I'd say 4 inputs is more than enough (because you don't have room to record more than 4 inputs simultaneously) but that also depends on the number of mics and gears you want to hook to your interface.

Here is what I'd suggest if you want to record a guitar, vocal and a keyboard:

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/best-audio-interfaces-for-home-studio/

- Usually X stands are terrible, get something that can load 2-3 times of the load of MP11SE and you should be good.

LOL , If a Kawai doesn't have an audio interface, then all keyboards with a built-in audio interface are crap. That doesn't sound really convincing. mainly because a lot of kawai users want a build-in audio interface.but i'm out of this kind of discussion.🤨

Yamaha P 525
VSL D-274 , BI and CFX, NI Komplete Ultimate, VPS Avenger, Gig Performer
IK loud MTMs, Motu M4, DT 990 pro, AKG702, Macbook pro M1
D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by klausi6
LOL , If a Kawai doesn't have an audio interface, then all keyboards with a built-in audio interface are crap. That doesn't sound really convincing. mainly because a lot of kawai users want a build-in audio interface.but i'm out of this kind of discussion.🤨

Bear in mind use case.
The built-in audio interface is probably not designed for gigging. In some ways, if you're at a gig, you'd probably prefer ideally to have a backup device anyway, regardless of whether you have an internal or external audio-interface.

On the other hand, if your use case is simple, a cheaper inrernal audio interface will probably suffice. At any rate, these are relatively minor specifications, and future instruments will all likely have built-in audio-interface.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
In the past I couldn’t care less about a ‘built-in’ audio interface, but now, I won’t buy a piano that doesn’t have one.

It’s more than just convenience, you know (one-cable solution, less clutter, etc.).

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Pete14
In the past I couldn’t care less about a ‘built-in’ audio interface, but now, I won’t buy a piano that doesn’t have one.

It’s more than just convenience, you know (one-cable solution, less clutter, etc.).

Well, if you're buying a stage piano, you're going to have wires anyway, but if you're just at home or in the studio...

I dare say that from now on, most boards released will offer one.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Doug M.
I dare say that from now on, most boards released will offer one.

+1

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A

From your posts, it's obvious that you have (if not zero) very little experience in music production.

1- How are you going to hook a mic to your built-in audio interface?
As far as I can tell, it is impossible. There are very few keyboards in the market that you can connect a condenser/dynamic mic to them: Genos and PA4X.

It is impossible to connect a dynamic/condenser mic to any other Yamaha keyboard/DP as far as I know. You will need "non-standard" equipments which are usually very expensive, and will not give you professional output.

These built-in interfaces have a very stupid comfort for a professional/amateur user:

To record the output of your internal instruments digitally to your compter.

If you want to do music production, they are useless.

To the OP:
Don't listen to the shinanigans posted here by uninformed people. You need an audio interface for music production. If this wasn't the case, external audio interface manufacturers were out of business.

Also, let me clarify this for you: Yamaha will never-ever put a full-functioning audio interface in any of their keyboards, if they ever do, Steinberg (originally Yamaha) will go bankrupt.

Roland will never do it either! They manufacture audio interfaces do.

Only Kawai is left...

Get the interface that works the best for you, and the keyboard you like. With MP11SE you can record the audio digitally using the internal recorder. You don't need an internal audio interface (you can't find a proper one!) for music production.

To the OP: Some folks here are of gold! Ignore Pete14.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
You seem a little upset; I wonder if I should call Taushi to calm you down.

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Edit for the OP:

[Linked Image]

source:

The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity

How to record Audio with Fantom in Logic Pro X

Yamaha P 525
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Interesting, how a person who writes something like this, considers himself intelligent or perhaps even an intellectual:

“Acropolis was the most glorious performance of Yanni.”

First, Acropolis is musical garbage, and Yanni is to music what Carrot Top is to stand-up comedy, a clown.

And you are a joke, Abdol, you’re just not aware of it.

P.S.

I can run circles around you; go ahead, make my day.

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A

How to record Audio with Fantom in Logic Pro X

I have this capability in my MOTIF XF (FW16E card) and I've used it less than 5 times within the past decade. I can do 16 out and 6 in case you didn't know. The same thing can be done on Yamaha Montage.

klausi6: Whenever you found the part where he recorded his voice with that Shure sm7b, get back to me.

PS: 48v phantom power and a decent preamps are lacking.

A simple Cloudlifter will cost you $200CAD+tax. I'd rather buy an audio interface for that price.

Last edited by Abdol; 04/20/22 05:55 PM.
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Interesting, how a person who writes something like this, considers himself intelligent or perhaps even an intellectual:

First, Acropolis is musical garbage, and Yanni is to music what Carrot Top is to stand-up comedy, a clown.

P.S.

Your conclusions are always fascinating.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
The thing is that these ‘conclusions’ just pop out of me; whereas, you have to spend hours ruminating over “how to come across as half-intelligent.”

The last time I made an effort to fascinate, I wrote a novel; what have you done (other than listen to Yanni) as of lately?

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member

P.S.

You won't run in circles around anyone if your posting privileges are suspended.
I don't recall anyone appointing you to be the critic of any of the members. Stop. It. Now.

Ken

Hammond Organ Technician
Piano Torturer
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Piano World Founder - Piano Tuner - Pianist
6000 Post Club Member
Pete14, you are obviously quite full of yourself.
Now you have 30 days off to spend with yourself.

We try to encourage and help people on these forums.
If you don't agree with something/someone you can explain your point of view without being so negative.

- Frank B.
Original Founder of Piano World
Owner of...
www.PianoSupplies.com
Maine Piano Man

My Keyboards:
Estonia L-190, Roland RD88, Yamaha P-80, Bilhorn Telescope Organ c 1880, Antique Pump Organ, 1850 concertina, 3 other digital pianos
-------------------------
My original piece on BandCamp: https://frankbaxtermrpianoworld.bandcamp.com/releases

Me banging out some tunes in the Estonia piano booth at the NAMM show...

It's Fun To Play the Piano ... PLEASE Pass It On!

@Abdol
you say DP-ADC-DAC-PC is better than DP-PC?

thank you very much, i can do without your help.i live 10 minutes away from the biggest music store in europe.here i can play all the keyboards available on the market and i can always find professional musicians there.

Yamaha P 525
A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
@Abdol
you say DP-ADC-DAC-PC is better than DP-PC?

thank you very much, i can do without your help.i live 10 minutes away from the biggest music store in europe.here i can play all the keyboards available on the market and i can always find professional musicians there.

No, I didn't say that.

You can record the MP11SE internally and there will be no "ACDC!" going on there.

If you show me a keyboard with decent action and sound that has preamps and phantom power, I'll completely accept the idea of an internal audio interface. But until then, these interfaces are all gimmicks when it comes to serious music production.

Anyhow, I consider myself to be helpless.

PS: I also didn't complain regarding Pete14 posts...

J
J
@klausi6

The Phantom is a serious piece of gear - nice recommendation

Originally Posted by Abdol

A simple Cloudlifter will cost you $200CAD+tax. I'd rather buy an audio interface for that price.

the klark ct1 is about US$35 if it comes to that

A
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by jackopiano
@klausi6

The Phantom is a serious piece of gear - nice recommendation

Originally Posted by Abdol

the klark ct1 is about US$35 if it comes to that

Roland Fantom doesn't have Phantom (power)...

The klark ct1 is about US$35 and it requires "Phantom powered socket" (48v).

Probably you can get away with it if you buy an external phantom power supply, for an extra let's say 50 bucks, but does it really worth it?!

This little lifter is new to the market. I thought about these solutions many years ago. I was thinking of getting a Rode M3 at one point. Then the cloudlifter...

I purchased a digital mixer in the end.

Last edited by Abdol; 04/21/22 05:18 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,179
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission