2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
52 members (EPW, Chris B, alans, Ed McMorrow, RPT, emenelton, AndrewJCW, Carey, 36251, ChickenBrother, BMKE, 7 invisible), 686 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
G
I was concentrating on the score trying to learn a tricky passage...and the hugest spider I've ever seen descends from the ceiling right in front of my face?!

I reflexively jolt back, but its web must be caught on my hair because it swing *forward* towards me and lands on my mouth.

I almost fell off the bench.

Screw this instrument, I'm out.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rotten experience, for sure!

Now imagine it from the spiders point of view ... must have been a near-death-experience. 😀

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
M
M
Thankfully unless it's some aggresive kind of tarantula, spiders are afraid of people smile

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by maucycy
Thankfully unless it's some aggresive kind of tarantula, spiders are afraid of people smile

Maybe it was a kind of rite-of-passage for the spider, with all its peers standing by and watching from a distance.

On the other hand, maybe it was just an utterly insane stunt that almost ended in disaster.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
M
M
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Originally Posted by maucycy

Maybe it was a kind of rite-of-passage for the spider, with all its peers standing by and watching from a distance.

On the other hand, maybe it was just an utterly insane stunt that almost ended in disaster.

Hold my beer…

1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Gombessa
I was concentrating on the score trying to learn a tricky passage...and the hugest spider I've ever seen descends from the ceiling right in front of my face?!

I reflexively jolt back, but its web must be caught on my hair because it swing *forward* towards me and lands on my mouth.

I almost fell off the bench.

Screw this instrument, I'm out.

I think I saw that on a Far Side comic strip.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
E
EPW Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Spiders are good 😃

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
M
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by EPW
Spiders are good 😃
But not anywhere on the face LOL

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
G
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
G
Here's the worst thing. I was still recovering my breath and didn't have a chance to relocate it, and I saw it scoot under the piano. So I guess it lives there now, and I presume this will be a regular occurrence....

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
M
M
Here's the worst thing. I was still recovering my breath and didn't have a chance to relocate it, and I saw it scoot under the piano. So I guess it lives there now, and I presume this will be a regular occurrence....
Your very first fan! I'd get a restraining order if the stalking continues, however.

private piano/voice teacher FT

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Online Content
Imagine if you were playing the Spiderman theme at the time...

Or this:

Roland RD-2000 / Yamaha EW400 & Electone / lots o' synths
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by QuasiUnaFantasia
Rotten experience, for sure!

Now imagine it from the spiders point of view ... must have been a near-death-experience. 😀

Near death experience: where your soul travels towards the light but you move away again and then come too..

What people don't realise is that near death experiences of moving towards the light is just your soul reincarnating.....

as a moth.

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Morodiene
Your very first fan! I'd get a restraining order if the stalking continues, however.

Especially if it's a biter 😉😁

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
L
L

Originally Posted by EPW
Spiders are good 😃

I remember deciding to let a medium size spider live out its life in the house instead of transporting it outside (house spiders don't necessarily do well outside). It showed up either that night or the following morning perched on the top of the toilet paper roll while I was sitting on the can. laugh

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L

When did you move to Australia?

I have a snake story from back in my beekeeping days. I knew a beekeeper who used to rent out snakes to exotic dancers. One day, one of the snakes got loose, went down the stairs, and slithered under the refrigerator. The kids told their father what had happened but not their mother. The mother hated the snakes. So, my beekeeper friend tried to poke at the snake to get it to come out from under the fridge but no dice. He told the kids that the snake would eventually come out when it got hungry. That took a few weeks. All the while, the mother worked in the kitchen without knowing that the snake was there. Luckily, they retrieved the snake without the mother knowing it had escaped.

Have you decided on the Bosendorfer 214VC Enspire Pro? If so, I am as excited for you as if I were getting that piano!

Last edited by LarryK; 03/15/22 01:25 PM.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Speaking of intense emotions, I was just minding my business, peacefully weaving my web, until I heard some magical piano playing. It sounded different from the usual cacophony, as if the pianist were somehow inspired by the prospect of soon acquiring a Bosendorfer 214VC. Being enticed by the splendiferous sounds I naturally let myself dangle down from the ceiling, toward the piano. Alas, as I passed by the face the pianist, they let out a haemolymph-curling shriek that shook me to the core. Losing my composure, I landed right on their giant mouth! Just my luck, as usual! Thankfully I somehow managed to bounce away from the maw of death and ran for my life to hide under the piano. Once in the safety of my hiding place, I looked up and was disappointed see that this was nothing like the Bosendorfer that I was expecting to see. I then realized that it'd be a few weeks until the new piano would arrive. Just my luck as usual!

Soli Chopin gloria
G
7000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
7000 Post Club Member
G
Oh my, word travels fast between subforums here smile Yes, it's in the bag (fingers crossed). Aiming for end of month delivery.

Originally Posted by Rubens
Speaking of intense emotions, I was just minding my business, peacefully weaving my web, until I heard some magical piano playing. It sounded different from the usual cacophony, as if the pianist were somehow inspired by the prospect of soon acquiring a Bosendorfer 214VC. Being enticed by the splendiferous sounds I naturally let myself dangle down from the ceiling, toward the piano. Alas, as I passed by the face the pianist, they let out a haemolymph-curling shriek that shook me to the core. Losing my composure, I landed right on their giant mouth! Just my luck, as usual! Thankfully I somehow managed to bounce away from the maw of death and ran for my life to hide under the piano. Once in the safety of my hiding place, I looked up and was disappointed see that this was nothing like the Bosendorfer that I was expecting to see. I then realized that it'd be a few weeks until the new piano would arrive. Just my luck as usual!

Lol, I was waiting for this perspective!

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
M
M
I too went bananas when, after months of practice, I could play that piece from memory, front to back, without a hiccup. I immediately closed the cover and had a drink. And yes, I opened the front door, stick my head out, and again, served as a reminder to the neighbors, I am nutz.

Have fun ...

Jon ...

Kawai CA67
A Tired, Retired, Dreamer ...
B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Given this was your ‘most intense’ shock reaction…
How much did the deep-cleaning / reupholstering of your piano bench cost?!
(Or is there a cheap bench on Craigslist we should be shooting?!)

Last edited by Burkey; 03/16/22 06:29 PM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 320 years - help evangelize the magic!

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Two, Three and Four Hamburg Steinways in Concert
by Joseph Fleetwood - 08/11/22 10:32 PM
Dissonant overtones when mute rail is engaged
by MattH22 - 08/11/22 08:36 PM
Your piano teacher
by Dscally - 08/11/22 07:25 PM
To RD-2000 owners
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/11/22 07:18 PM
Buying a Yamaha U1?
by ada d. - 08/11/22 05:31 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,350
Posts3,215,600
Members106,065
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission