2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
42 members (Burkhard, 80k, AJB, Braathen, Anevsky, Calavera, axomas, David B, 8 invisible), 663 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
OP Offline
C
It turns out I’ll be bringing this home much sooner than expected (in about one month instead of five). So that’ll be awesome! I’ve dreamed of owning a grand piano for decades.

Not long ago I was planning on making this happen for my 40th birthday, but it looks like it’ll be more like my 35th (which is in a few weeks). I guess this is just the start, because I know it’ll really expand my musical world.

I look forward to sharing pics and videos once it’s safely in my living room! Thanks again to friends on this forum for support and advice during the shopping and buying process.

Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
How exciting that it’s coming early! Please post videos and pics

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Y
Y
The Bösendorfer 225 is legendary, what a dream to own and play!

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
Wow, awesome!

K
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
K
Congratulations! That is my favorite Bose. Great piano!

Keith D Kerman
PianoCraft
Rebuilding & Sales - vintage and used Steinway, Mason & Hamlin
New Steingraeber, Estonia, Baldwin
www.pianocraft.net
check out www.sitkadoc.com/ and www.vimeo.com/203188875
www.youtube.com/user/pianocraftchannel

keith@pianocraft.net 888-840-5460
J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Congratulations! That must be exciting!

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Congratulations! I’m sure you’re excited that it’s happening faster than you thought!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Wow, how exciting!! Congratulations!!! 🍾🎈🎉🎊

Lisa
Cunningham Studio Grand & Yamaha CLP645
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Congratulations chromaticvortex! You are going love playing this piano.Do not forget the pictures!

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.In other words a hymn.That is all, but that is enough.Life goes on, despite pain and fear.Music is beautiful,life is beautiful.

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
I've never played a Bosendorfer before nor do I believe I've come across one in my life so looking forward to your grand debut! That's quite the change going from a Yammie upright to a Bosie! It's also nice to have a new member who brings a lot of musical knowledge to these boards. You're a welcome addition!

Last edited by Jethro; 03/12/22 01:33 AM.
C
OP Offline
C
Thank you! It’ll be so cool to own this soon.

Jethro, I appreciate it, very nice of you to say! I think what I have is mostly just some general knowledge, in addition to a love and fascination of music and piano in general…

Pics etc will definitely follow as soon as possible. Maybe I can even get into the store to take some and play it a little before the move.

It’ll be a massive upgrade for me, and somehow I’m still content with my Yamaha these days…it’s a good thing I’m holding onto it.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by chromaticvortex
Pics etc will definitely follow as soon as possible. Maybe I can even get into the store to take some and play it a little before the move.

Very cool and congratulations!

So... is your piano waiting at Classic Pianos in Bellevue? Maybe I'll drop by and try it out. grin

Just kidding, of course, but it seems like quite a few folks buy Bösendorfers at this shop.

I heard they also got some new Estonias recently. Did you get a chance to give them a spin? What about the Schimmels?

Bösendorfer (not the VC stuff) is one of the instruments I really really hope that Modartt adds to Pianoteq. Definitely one of the best sounding pianos of them all and really quite special, particularly the Imperial line like yours.

J
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
J
Thank you! It’ll be so cool to own this soon.

Jethro, I appreciate it, very nice of you to say! I think what I have is mostly just some general knowledge, in addition to a love and fascination of music and piano in general…

It’ll be a massive upgrade for me, and somehow I’m still content with my Yamaha these days…it’s a good thing I’m holding onto it.
I'm happy for you man! You're going to bring a lot of great stuff to these boards. Looking formard to hearing some of your music on your new piano!

C
OP Offline
C
No it’s not the one at Classic Pianos, I didn’t have a chance to check that one out. I bet it’s great though. I would’ve wanted to try more pianos but this one was too good to pass up.

I really hope so. In the event I don’t stick around, it will be something I don’t have much control over. I have a mental illness (schizoaffective disorder) that sometimes makes it hard to do even normal things. It’s usually fine, but I experience unexpected flare-ups and can be a little unreliable because of it. I will do my best to keep in touch though.

Thank you.

G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
I really hope so. In the event I don’t stick around, it will be something I don’t have much control over..

I wish you all the best, and absolutely hope that your new Bosendorfer is beneficial for dealing with your condition!!

Hoping to see you continue to participate and play piano.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
No it’s not the one at Classic Pianos, I didn’t have a chance to check that one out. I bet it’s great though. I would’ve wanted to try more pianos but this one was too good to pass up.

Wish you the best of luck with your purchase! You've zero'ed in on one amazing piano and definitely too good to pass up! The 225 has extra keys?

If you did get a chance to audition other pianos, it would be interesting to hear your impressions. Steingraeber is another musical standout I'd say but I'm not sure if it is available locally.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Gombessa
I really hope so. In the event I don’t stick around, it will be something I don’t have much control over..

I wish you all the best, and absolutely hope that your new Bosendorfer is beneficial for dealing with your condition!!

Hoping to see you continue to participate and play piano.

Thanks. Yes I think it will help with my condition! There's nothing like being stuck with an old instrument for too long to make you that much more on edge.

Originally Posted by navindra

Wish you the best of luck with your purchase! You've zero'ed in on one amazing piano and definitely too good to pass up! The 225 has extra keys?

If you did get a chance to audition other pianos, it would be interesting to hear your impressions. Steingraeber is another musical standout I'd say but I'm not sure if it is available locally.

Yeah, definitely. This one has four extra keys.

Well the thing is, I have trouble going into a piano store and just "playing their pianos". Can others chime in re: what this experience is like or how to do this? I'm really interested in trying other makes, especially Fazioli, Blüthner, and Steingraeber...but since I'm no longer shopping, not sure how to just go and...do that.

Maybe if I find a shop selling pianos I like, I can frame it as "so I might buy a new piano someday...not soon, but mind if I try yours out?"...because I know they'll try to sell me on something and of course I know they don't like people just playing their precious pianos...maybe they figure it's still good marketing to let a possible future buyer play?

Steingraeber I don't know about a new dealer for around these parts...there are some dealers that have Fazioli anyway (and Grotrian, which is the number one selling piano in Europe apparently--though I played on one often, quite a few years back, it'd be cool to try a new one). And I could see maybe coming across various interesting pianos in a second hand store as well.

Last edited by chromaticvortex; 03/12/22 01:22 PM.
G
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
G
Well the thing is, I have trouble going into a piano store and just "playing their pianos". Can others chime in re: what this experience is like or how to do this? I'm really interested in trying other makes, especially Fazioli, Blüthner, and Steingraeber...but since I'm no longer shopping, not sure how to just go and...do that.

I was definitely like that at first. Very reluctant to go in and just try pianos without an intention to buy. But after going to 2 or 3 shops, i really just had a change of mind or attitude. Eventually just called straight up, said "Hey. I want to come in and play some pianos. These are the ones I'm interested in, and I'm coming in at this time. Does that work?" I think I went from being afraid that I was inconveniencing the shop to a mindset that the shop needs to be working for and accommodating me, regardless of my intention to buy or just window shop for the day.

It actually made for a better working relationship too because I feel like that attitude makes them more certain that you are actually serious, and you no longer tiptoe around the issues.

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV-10
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
I played an a used Bosendorfer (perhaps from 1970's to1980) and it was wonderful You have found your piano chromaticvortex .You no longer have to bother about playing these other pianos.Yes I get what you mean about just going into piano stores just to try pianos.(when you have found your piano)

I have played a Fazioli, it is a totally different sound and feel from to Bosendorfer.Actually it was a beautiful clear sound and the touch was very smooth.It was a good experience but that Bosendorfer stole my heart with its "golden tone" and and resonsive touch.

Best wishes, Tre

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
8000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until December 31, 2022
8000 Post Club Member
It turns out I’ll be bringing this home much sooner than expected (in about one month instead of five).

This is really excellent news! thumb

How to Upload Pictures
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Haessler
by PianistEsq - 07/06/22 12:05 AM
Garritan CFX sustain problem
by mwf - 07/05/22 11:29 PM
First digital piano for my almost 6 year-old son.
by New2music - 07/05/22 10:54 PM
What Level is this Arrangement?
by showard - 07/05/22 09:36 PM
which piano? or other options?
by NJ_Piano_Mom - 07/05/22 08:27 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,823
Posts3,205,751
Members105,732
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission