2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
39 members (Doug M., Davidnewmind, Dfrankjazz, brdwyguy, busa, benkeys, Burkhard, Erinmarriott, David Boyce, 6 invisible), 1,123 guests, and 267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 52 of 54 1 2 50 51 52 53 54
M
M
Nice post and agreed wholeheartedly! Welcome!

Current DP: Roland fp60, Kawai ES920
Current AP: Yamaha C1

Former DP: Kurzweil pc88
D
D
Hello!

I'm happy to join the community. Piano music is the best thing in the world for me despite some traumatical experience in soviet music school many years ago... Now I try to get a compensation by regular exercises. The old acoustic Geyer is my trusty friend on the way.

I hope you'll be patient to my imperfect English and probably silly questions.

Cheers,
Sasha

L
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
L
Welcome Sasha,

I'm a relative newbie at under a year here, but I can attest that the people on the forums are friendly and eager to help whenever asked. Sometimes a strongly held difference of opinion can get heated, but eventually people agree to disagree.

Your English seems fine and I don't think there is any such thing as a silly question here.

Yamaha DGX500
Yamaha CLP-635

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Originally Posted by lilypad
Welcome Sasha,

Your English seems fine and I don't think there is any such thing as a silly question here.

thumb thumb thumb thumb thumb

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
T
T
Originally Posted by Drozdowsky
Hello!

I'm happy to join the community. Piano music is the best thing in the world for me despite some traumatical experience in soviet music school many years ago... Now I try to get a compensation by regular exercises. The old acoustic Geyer is my trusty friend on the way.

I hope you'll be patient to my imperfect English and probably silly questions.

Cheers,
Sasha

Welcome Sasha, my grandmother was from Russia and my mother spoke to her in Russian. Also we didn't learn and can only order food in Russian, so your English is much better than my Russian.

Recorder Player/Singer
Back to playing piano
B
B
Hey everyone. I’ve joined recently and just love ‘lurking’ since there is so much great info here. I’ve been playing off and on for 40 years. I went decades without ever improving or trying anything new. Then about a year ago, I heard a young student play (poorly) the beginning of Clair du lune and realized that I have always wished I could play that song, but never ever even tried to. So I dedicated a year to learning it. That meant re learning how to read music. It’s fully commited to memory now and I have it down pretty well, although I’m a pretty inaccurate in the sharp section. Well, that was the bug that bit me. I’m now 8 pages into Grieg’s concerto in A. Which is prob way more than i should tackle but I LOVE that song. It’s never too late to learn, you’re never too old. Learning this new ‘language’ in my 50’s has helped with my memory and overall cognitive functions. Looking forward to many years to come, playing and meeting like-minded people here.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Hi Benz
Now that you have your new-to-you piano, you are all set to explore the music you love. I also have a passion for Clair de Lune, as use t as y warmup on many days. I never tire of playing it

Welcome to the forum !

V
V
Hello. As usual, I apologize for my English. I'm from Russia. At 52, I decided to remember what I hadn't learned 30 years ago. I'm trying to find answers on the forum. Hanon or Czerny? 5 years of playing scales or immediately learning Revolutionary Étude? Play with round fingers or maybe I'm Liszt? I haven't found any definite answers yet. frown
smile smile smile

3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Hi Vasiliy, and welcome to this forum!

Your question will get more attention if you start a thread at the Adult Beginners Forum.
But to answer your question, why these extremes? Maybe some Czerny, play some scales, and start with a piece that you think you can handle. Best is of course, if you get a teacher and let them guide you.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
A
A
Hello, I’m Ron in Louisville, KY and am curious about vision problems other older people have trying to see scores while playing.

R.M. Walford
S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by Apoptosis
Hello, I’m Ron in Louisville, KY and am curious about vision problems other older people have trying to see scores while playing.

Hi
Welcome to PW! With age-related nearsightedness, forum members tend to get a prescription
For ‘piano glasses’: a prescription designed for reading at a standard distance to a score.

For more profound changes: a large monitor with the scores uploaded or magnification tools.

L
L
Yes Ron dogperson is spot on. I recently had a new prescription for glasses and I had the optician make me a pair with the distance required for playing piano.

Piano:Roland FP30X
Casio CT-S1WE
Arranger: Yamaha PSRS970, I have sold this, not decided yet to replace it.
Plus Native instruments VST Noire etc.
B
B
Hey all!

I'm Evan, currently trapped in Brooklyn, NY. I'm originally from Sacramento, CA. I've lurked hard on the forum for years, and have no clue why I've only just joined on.

I played as a kid for about 8 years, then fell back in love with the piano about 5 years ago. I have terrible stage fright with the piano - not unique, I know. This doesn't afflict me on other instruments. I really want and need to find an in-person group to practice playing in front of! If anyone's in Brooklyn, let me know!

Anywho, nice to be here, and look forward to knowing you!

Last edited by Bach On Lock; 01/20/22 12:14 PM.
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
Welcome Evan to Piano World! I am very far away from Brooklyn myself, and not at your level at all. But still, welcome! cool

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
Hi all! I am a 32 years old pianist from Vietnam. I learned piano from the age of 6, stopped taking lessons once I entered university. After that due to studies and my work, I only played intermittently. I have only started picking up again in the last 6 months. I love to cover pop songs from all countries around the world: US, France, Japan, Korea and of course my own country, Vietnam. I tend to fare better with fast-beat songs that slow ones, but I have done both.

Nice to meet you all and hope to learn a ton from this forum.

Last edited by jubinell; 01/23/22 08:56 PM.

Heartfelt piano covers of Western and Asian music: https://youtube.com/jubinell
Welcome! -- and I think many of us would be especially interested in any such music of Vietnam that you might want to tell about (or to show), whether played by you or by others.

Originally Posted by Bach On Lock
Hey all! I'm Evan, currently trapped in Brooklyn, NY. I'm originally from Sacramento, CA.
Having lived in Brooklyn myself, and after growing up in California, I'd submit that some folks feel trapped in Sacramento. But welcome to PW !! grin

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
Originally Posted by Bach On Lock
Hey all!

I'm Evan, currently trapped in Brooklyn, NY. I'm originally from Sacramento, CA. I've lurked hard on the forum for years, and have no clue why I've only just joined on.

I played as a kid for about 8 years, then fell back in love with the piano about 5 years ago. I have terrible stage fright with the piano - not unique, I know. This doesn't afflict me on other instruments. I really want and need to find an in-person group to practice playing in front of! If anyone's in Brooklyn, let me know!

Anywho, nice to be here, and look forward to knowing you!

There are many amateur pianist performance groups on Meetup.com and also on Facebook, I am a member of several that meet monthly and quarterly. We are all levels and just enjoy playing for each other in a casual and non-formal environment (we have a few members who hold them in their homes). Feel free to DM me for info or links. If you google "NY Piano Group" on Meetup, you should hit at least 2 or 3.

~~~~~~~
My Practice/Progress YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNj0Yha5exOWuJMTezV3t8Q
Hi Everyone,

I took a long absence from Piano World. Life got busy. Thankfully I kept up with piano practice. It really helped that I got a lightweight digital keyboard for travel. It's been great for practicing church hymns and the new sheet music I get monthly via sheet music subscription. I'm hoping that the new friends I've made here will want to get together to play and/or sing with the goal of putting on a concert for family (our most ardent supporters!) at the end of summer.

It's great to see some interesting threads so far and I hope to visit and share on a regular basis.

Dona Nobis Pacem
Yamaha DGX 660 (portable 88)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
B
B
Hello everyone. I finally took the time to register today after lurking for a few months.

I played piano a bit in my late teens/early adulthood. Unfortunately, many issues have led me to be unable to play for the last 20 years. I bought a p515 last December and got back into it.

I bought a digital piano because the paper-thin walls in my apartment cannot accommodate a real piano unless I would want to alienate my neighbours. I couldn’t afford one of those Yamaha “silent piano” so the p515 looked like the best “budget” digital piano. I confess so far the only “buttons” I pressed on that p515 are the power and metronome buttons !

Last edited by Bragelonne; 05/09/22 05:05 PM.
Page 52 of 54 1 2 50 51 52 53 54

Moderated by  Brendan, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,183
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission