2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
100 members (36251, anamnesis, Alex Hutor, anotherscott, Animisha, brdwyguy, achoo42, 24 invisible), 742 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
OP Offline
F
A few days ago I asked for the opinion of three pianos, this was one of them, I was almost determined to buy the Yamaha CLP-785 and also use it as a device to listen to my music, several of you advised me not to do it because it would not sound like a good hifi equipment, so discarding the latter I can avoid spending more than € 5,000 on the 785 and look for other options.
I have been researching this brand for many days and every day I like it more, I think that objectively at the sound level it surpasses Yamaha CLP and Novus, and I say this after listening to its sounds dozens of times and comparing it with those mentioned.
It is a powerful and open system that allows you to load new sounds from the Dexibel website, eliminate those that are not used and change them for others from the manufacturer or hundreds of existing ones on the internet, in fact it allows you to create your own sounds and incorporate them into the piano.
See this link and if you wish, we continue commenting later so as not to lengthen this post too much.
https://www.dexibell.com/prodotto/vivo-h10/?lang=en

Last edited by Franlober; 01/23/22 03:34 PM.
S
S
On one hand, at least they're not afraid to fill out the specs page. I've got to say that I like that.

Looks like they're using FATAR actions, though the "TP-400 W" aren't listed on the Fatar homepage. Presumably a custom wooden variant of the TP/400.

On the other hand...
From the real “pianissimo” to the “fortissimo” thanks to the 24 bits linear and 48KHz; a definition 256 times greater compared to all other products working at 16 bits and 44.1 KHz.
... wtf?
I mean - yes, 24 bits binary is 256x more distinctions than 16 bits, but compared to other factors it's basically negligible.

Mathematically correct but that's like saying that my digital piano must be better because it's got Intel Inside ®

Kawai CA79
F
OP Offline
F
Sorry, I can't change the title that doesn't translate to English.
Well, aside from these specifications I would like to focus on the sound and the possibility of building the piano to your liking, personally I really like the sound of the Fazioli and I can have it, also the Bechtein and the French Pleyel, well I would have these and the Steinway , as these platinum samples take up a lot of space out of the 3.2 GB available it would eliminate a lot of sounds that I would never use, this means that I can have the piano that I want, according to my choice.

S
S
The difficulty in listening to a demo video is that any sound I hear is greatly influenced by the microphone it's recorded on, the editing of the video, the youtube compression algorythm and the speakers on my end.

Basically - 'yeah, that sounds like a piano'.

I can like the sound on a video, but really, there's no replacement to trying it out for myself if I ever get the opportunity.

Originally Posted by Franlober
as these platinum samples take up a lot of space out of the 3.2 GB available it would eliminate a lot of sounds that I would never use, this means that I can have the piano that I want, according to my choice.
I'm not sure how great of a measure 'disk space used' is for the quality of the samples.

I mean - there's the 'Colossus Piano' app on iOS devices, where the titular 'Colossus Concert Grand' requires 14GB of free space. Does that make the app impossible to match?

Also, most manufacturers (such as Kawai on the CA79 I own) are starting to really getting into simulating the piano as a whole, instead of using samples. How do you even rate that?

Kawai CA79
C
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
C
Doesn't the H10 (either grand or upright) have more sample memory than the other models? So having a few Platinum sounds doesn't mean having to delete something else.

Already a while they've had the H1 with similar tech (different key action though) and a new mid-range model H5 will soon appear. Those apparently have the smaller sample memory.

(And they used to have a H3 and a H7.)

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
Doesn't the H10 (either grand or upright) have more sample memory than the other models? So having a few Platinum sounds doesn't mean having to delete something else.

Already a while they've had the H1 with similar tech (different key action though) and a new mid-range model H5 will soon appear. Those apparently have the smaller sample memory.

(And they used to have a H3 and a H7.)

The capacity in GB was 1.5 in its models until the H7, now they have gone up to 3.2GB, still it is insufficient to house all the samples of the Platinun series since each one weighs approx. 0.8gb and I think they have 6 of those samples, so you can't have them all at the same time, but you can delete some and install others, the deleted ones remain in a backup and if necessary you can put them back again.
Maybe it's not the best way, but tell me, with which other piano you can do something similar, I hope that the next version is already 8 or more gigabytes and you can have everything, but at the moment this feature is not available in any other system than me know.

F
OP Offline
F
[quote=steamrick]The difficulty in listening to a demo video is that any sound I hear is greatly influenced by the microphone it's recorded on, the editing of the video, the youtube compression algorythm and the speakers on my end.

Well, microphones have to be eliminated from the equation because these recordings are made directly from the line output of the instrument, and yes, your sound system also influences, but perhaps by using headphones you can get an idea of ​​the quality, also if you compare with other pianos also from youtube you can get an idea of ​​the difference.
You can also go to the Dexibel website and listen to the different piano voices and others available, they are quality MP3s, it's not the best but you can get an idea.

F
OP Offline
F
I enclose some demos of the Dexibel H7 and H10 pianos, they are identical in terms of sounds only that the H10 has 3.2GB of storage and the H7 only 1.5.

también una comparativa entre los sonidos premium platino que se pueden tener en estos pianos.

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Pianist Magazine back issues
by cstueart - 05/19/22 10:41 AM
Keith Jarrett Chord Progressions (video)
by indigo_dave - 05/19/22 10:07 AM
Rounded keytops
by zxac - 05/19/22 09:50 AM
Change of Screen Name
by Bart K - 05/19/22 09:46 AM
Most recorded piece
by pianoloverus - 05/19/22 09:27 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,143
Posts3,192,847
Members105,315
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission