2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
64 members (1957, Animisha, Barly, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, benkeys, 20/20 Vision, 10 invisible), 1,885 guests, and 332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ADIRL
Originally Posted by dogperson
Originally Posted by drvenom
Let me know how kawai warranty treats you. Im debating getting a kawai, but i want to see how they deal with these issues.
Many routine issues are not covered by warranty. If you buy from a local dealer, they will often make adjustments as part of their customer support. Kawai has an excellent reputation for addressing issues
My technician has been in touch with Kawai and texted me to say that he was told Kawai will cover the service call under warranty. I have not had a chance to chat with him yet. I hope that helps.
Good luck.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
This kind of reminds me of the "dead pixel policy" when buying new TV/monitor. One might think a brand new LCD panel is guaranteed to have zero defects, but actually a handful of dead pixels are allowed under the warranty, the number depends on the kind of pixel defects and their spatial distribution.

I hope it will work out for you, but this illustrates that when one seeks a piano buying advice online, the choice is real only for the buyer but hypothetical for everyone else. You could go by specs, reputation, even sound recording, but unless you're playing it in person, you're not assessing the actual specimen!

A rising tide lifts all the boats
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
There's been several posters with similar issues of Kawai's coming crated from the factory, with little to no dealer prep. "Factory Direct" piano without the "Factory Direct Discount".

G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by TBell
There's been several posters with similar issues of Kawai's coming crated from the factory, with little to no dealer prep. "Factory Direct" piano without the "Factory Direct Discount".

Pick your dealer with care no matter what brand it is. Actually Kawai can do a great job, my dealer got a K800 in for a couple of days from Kawai specially for me to try and we played it straight off the delivery lorry - Kawai UK had already done an amazingly good job preparing it and it was lovely, perhaps rather better than what I'd expect after good dealer prep.

D
D
I had the same problem with ADIRL after buying a K500 Aures 2 which arrived in September. The dealer sent a technician who installed lead in the front of the keys making them sluggish (I read that lead work on the front of a key in uprights is a no-no). After a lot of time and effort I managed to get a replacement piano from Kawai. Unfortunately, that too has a heavy action (although not as heavy) averaging 59g for the white and 65g for the black keys. I am pretty sure I measured it correctly. Kawai says that it is within specs. The dealer delivered it at home with keys that were not level! Obviously no regulation was done and prep was bad. I finally got the dealer to agree to send a technician to level the keys. I am expecting him in a few days. I am hiring another technician to come after that and regulate/lubricate the piano. He does not believe that will reduce the touchweight by a lot. Technicians generally do not seem eager to mess with a touchweight of a new piano. I am new to this forum and asking for advice. A few say that 61 g downweight or so on average is not bad. Ok, but it's heavy. It's not normal. For me it compromises playability and I am disappointed at both Kawai and the dealer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission