2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
104 members (aphexdisklavier, Beemer, Beachbum1962, almo82, anotherscott, Adagiette, benz-tech, blueviewlaguna., 27 invisible), 1,383 guests, and 450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by JoBert
The CA99 and NV10S share the same software. So what works on the CA99 should also work on the NV10S. Are you saying that James‘ procedure (where the setting is at least retained until the piano is switched off) doesn’t work for you? Maybe that was part of a software update you don’t have yet?
I was talking about the CA59, not the CA99. What worked on the CA59 definitely does not work on the NV10S, despite having the most recent updates.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by cbreemer
Originally Posted by Kawai James
On the CA99 that I tried, once the USB memory recording format is set (e.g. to WAV), it will remain until the power is turned off. I was able to record, save, record, save, record, save etc. consequtively without needing to set the format each time.
Yes, it was the same on the CA59. Not optimal (a global setting would be in order, as I'm sure you will agree) but workable. The Novus NV10 once again shows a regression here.

So to clarify, on your NV10S, if you set the audio recording format to WAV, record and save a song, then try to record again, the subsequent recording will not use WAV format?

Incidentally, in the PianoRemote app, the recorder format is located in the menu. Perhaps a future version of the the CA99/79, NV10S/NV5S touchpanel UI will also adopt this behaviour?

[Linked Image]

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks all for your thoughts ! I must admit I have never bothered to look into things like MIDI, VST, PianoTeq etc. Might be worth investigating.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Kawai James
So to clarify, on your NV10S, if you set the audio recording format to WAV, record and save a song, then try to record again, the subsequent recording will not use WAV format?

Incidentally, in the PianoRemote app, the recorder format is located in the menu. Perhaps a future version of the the CA99/79, NV10S/NV5S touchpanel UI will also adopt this behaviour?
Thanks for getting back James. I seem to remember the setting did not stick, but I'm not sure anymore now. I can't even remember where to find the WAV option now... I know I had trouble finding it last time, as I had to use some other screen to start recording. Can't be bothered to look for it again, as I am finally resigned to recording in mp3. The result seems so sound just as good to me.

Thanks also for pointing out the PianoRemote menu. That's more like it ! Unfortunately I can't use this because I need both my iPad (score reader) and smartphone (video camera) during recording.

One other thing that irks me is the very loud volume of the headphone audio. Whenever I put on the headphones, I need to turn the volume down a lot. And back up again when using the Novus speakers. Ironically, you can only set the headphones volume louder and the speaker volume softer... go figure ! I have a rather expensive headphone, but unfortunately without its own volume control ... if only I'd known !

Hello cbreemer,

Originally Posted by cbreemer
I seem to remember the setting did not stick, but I'm not sure anymore now. I can't even remember where to find the WAV option now... Can't be bothered to look for it again...

Well, if you're ever motivated to record in WAV format gain, you can access the setting with the following operation:

1. Start from main Piano or Sound tab
2. Open the editor window
3. Tap bottom right menu (three dots)
4. Select "Recorder settings"
5. Change recorder format from MP3 to WAV

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
C
OP Offline
C
Thanks James, and sorry for the late reply. I must try to switch email notification on.
When I try your suggestion, there is no option "Recorder settings". Only "Save this sound", "Open Recorder", and "Open metronome". When I try the middle option, all I get is a screen saying "Overdubbing Not Selected, and a start button. Why would it assume I want to do this ?
Argh... I hate this menu system more every time I try to use it ! The character-and button based menus of the CA49 were SO much better.

D
Online Content
D
Hey cbreemer,

When You are in the "Open Recorder" option menu there are three dots on the bottom right just like James stated.
Those three dots only appear if You have usb stick connected to the piano.
Hope it helps,

Dariusz

Dariusz D #3187487 Yesterday at 02:54 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Dariusz D
Hey cbreemer,

When You are in the "Open Recorder" option menu there are three dots on the bottom right just like James stated.
Those three dots only appear if You have usb stick connected to the piano.
Hope it helps,

Dariusz
Thanks Dariusz ! Indeed I didn't have the USB inserted, and hence the magic dots didn't appear.... a sneaky trick, this one. I'll try to remember it now 😁
But, as I found before, the selected WAV format only holds for the session. Once the piano is switched off and on again, it's back to MP3. I just can't understand why this setting is not in the global System settings. To my mind, this is a choice that you only want to make once.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
time signatures - every day (non musical) life example?
by ShowerCurtain465 - 01/23/22 12:04 PM
One sour bass note
by benz-tech - 01/23/22 11:04 AM
Playground sessions bluetooth or midi cable?
by Ravanelli - 01/23/22 10:17 AM
Care and Maintenance for Digital Piano with Solid Wood
by paulamaula - 01/22/22 07:19 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,313
Posts3,163,352
Members104,129
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission