2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
67 members (36251, BlakeOR, anotherscott, astrotoy, AndreaH, Brus, Andrew E., 13 invisible), 569 guests, and 334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
Hello my friends hopefully someone will follow what I'm trying to do here using the yamaha cp-33. Will the 14 voice buttons on the front (while in master mode) send midi locations so I can automatically change my programs in Cantabile? It seems like when cantabile asks for a controller each button sends the same value. Is there a small midi switch box I could purchase to plug into my laptop that would serve the purpose. I have about 10 programs (songs) I made in Cantabile 2 Solo that I would like to get to faster than clicking the mouse on my laptop any ideas please? Thanks MooganDavid

Last edited by MooganDavid; 01/07/22 07:05 PM.

Rme BabyFace Pro, Dynaudio BM6-ll, Garritan CFX Full, Vienna Imperial, Truekeys American Grand, Modern U, Cantabile Solo 2, Hauptwerk Pipe Organ Vst, VB3 Hammond Vst and SPIN Leslie Vst, Yamaha CP33 and Novation Impulse 61
P
P
The manual for the CP-33 has this:

F74 Program Change On/Off

Normally the CP33 will respond to MIDI program change numbers received from an external keyboard or other MIDI device, causing the correspondingly numbered Voice to be selected on the corresponding channel (the keyboard Voice does not change). The CP33 will normally also send a MIDI program change number whenever one of its Voices is selected, causing the correspondingly numbered Voice or program to be selected on the external MIDI device if the device is set up to receive and respond to MIDI program change numbers.This function makes it possible to cancel program change number reception and transmission so that, for example,voices can be selected on the CP33 without affecting the external MIDI device.

For Information on program change numbers for each of the CP33's Voices, refer to MIDI Data Format page 51

So it seems like it should be able to do what you want but I don't have a CP-33. Check to see if this setting is On.

M
OP Offline
M
Hi poly6 thanks for responding oh yeah I've read the manual inside and out and yes I have that turned on. Seems like all the 14 buttons have the same midi value. All my sounds are located in songs in cantabile I would like to get to instead of scrolling and clicking on my laptop. The cp33 is just for the keyboard basically. Thanks

Rme BabyFace Pro, Dynaudio BM6-ll, Garritan CFX Full, Vienna Imperial, Truekeys American Grand, Modern U, Cantabile Solo 2, Hauptwerk Pipe Organ Vst, VB3 Hammond Vst and SPIN Leslie Vst, Yamaha CP33 and Novation Impulse 61
P
P
Pg 52 of the manual has a table that shows what program change # is associated with each internal voice selected, so it *should* be sending a different program change # for each voice. You can verify that if you have an app to show midi messages on your PC. The problem might be with getting Cantabile setup to recognize and react to the program changes properly. It's been a very long time since I've used Cantabile so I can't help you there.

M
OP Offline
M
actually I'm getting it to work but it seems like it gets confused though along with me. (*.16 Bank Select LSB Settings for MIDI Transmission to an External Tone Generator) some voices have the same LSB values the ones that have different values work fine the ones that have a value of 122 seem to get confused. I got those values off that chart you referred me to. Midi data format

M
OP Offline
M
Finally figured out what was going on. If you notice in that midi chart for the voices they have mostly set to 122 msb each button needs to be a different value in order to work properly so I chose my own values not repeating any and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for your reply and at least you pointed me in the right direction. MooganDavid

Last edited by MooganDavid; 01/08/22 07:09 PM.

P
P
Glad I was able to point you in the right direction!

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai GS 50 vs 60, and CA 60
by NoteByNote - 05/17/22 06:56 PM
Mildly Contemporary
by Brus - 05/17/22 06:32 PM
Kawai KG-2A vs. RX-2
by mivaldes - 05/17/22 06:18 PM
Key Noise from Yamaha Baby Grand
by Sheng123 - 05/17/22 05:13 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,119
Posts3,192,359
Members105,299
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission