Welcome to another year of MOYD!! MOYD, "Master of Your Own Destiny", is a personal challenge where you commit to playing the piano for some amount of time every single day. It might be a few hours, it might be a few minutes - it doesn't matter - as long as you sit down and touch those keys!!!
It doesn't matter if it is a grand, an upright, or a digital. Nor does it matter if it is your piano or any other. If you are traveling and you come across an available piano and play for five minutes, it counts! Any piano, anywhere, for any amount of time will do the job.
If you miss a day you must come here and say so. Please report AFTER the fact. We only need to know when you DID miss playing - not that you "might not be able to play".
2022 will be the 18th year of MOYD on ABF.MOYD RULES
1. Participating in MOYD requires you to sit on the piano bench and play something at least once daily. That's it. There is no minimum amount of time required. Five minutes counts... but more is better. Simply get to the piano everyday, let it become a habit, and see what good things happen to your piano skills.
2. If you are away from home (for business, or for personal reasons) , you don't have to practice/play that day. You go to the 'Excused list".
3. If you are sick, you don't have to practice/play. You go to the 'Excused list".
4. If you are at home, and you are not sick and you miss a day, you have to come here and tell us the sad story of what kept you from playing. Then you go to the "Back on the Wagon" list.
5. You may start late - however no new participants are accepted after September 30th.
This is a hard deadline in fairness to everyone who has participated all year.
6. Everyone who has reported being away, being sick, falling off and getting back on the wagon, or who signs up late has the right to put the MOYD 2022 badge in their signatures on 31 December 2022.HOW TO JOIN
Simply reply to this thread declaring your enthusiastic willingness to join in and be committed to the plan! I will check in regularly and update this first page with the information you provide.
Signature pictures will be offered to those who are 2022 MOYD winners. Below you will find the 2021 Siggies, for those who participated in 2021.INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR SIGNATURE:
1. Place your cursor on the desired icon,
2. right click,
3. go to properties,
4. copy the Url, or copy image address
5. go to your profile page signature box,
6. place cursor,
7. click on "enter an image" paste. ( add [img] before the address and [/img] after. The badge address should read [ [ img]http://forum.pianoworld.com//gallery/42/full/15843.png
[/img], without the space after the first bracket).
8. save changes
So, 2021 MOYD'ers, grab a badge and display it proudly! You earned it with your hard work in 2020. Then, join in again for another year of fun with MOYD! Let us all hope for a better, healthier year in 2022!2022 MOYD'ers:
An Old Square
Maryllis - Jan 1-7
ClsscLib Jan 18-19Back on the Wagon:Late Startes: