2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
53 members (clothearednincompo, Brus, brdwyguy, Alex C, ChickenBrother, 36251, 13 invisible), 627 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 168 of 177 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 176 177
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by NXR
I came across this "Bluetooth MIDI" FAQ from Kawai by accident yesterday. It's all the way at the bottom of the Support page for my piano: https://www.kawai-global.com/support/faq/?s=bluetooth

There used to be a separate "Bluetooth MIDI" support page on the Kawai Global site, however this has been replaced and expanded by various articles added to the FAQ.

The Bluetooth connectivity guides were written by me, and the steps described should be accurate as they were used in order to create the screenshots. I've not personally experienced any issues connecting either Bluetooth MIDI or Audio, however I will check the behaviour that some of you describe next week and report back if I experiencing anything similar.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
K
K
Thx for responding NXR, yeah i do have some but they are not anywhere near as good as the D770's but still a lot of distortion all the same. Also tried the 770 in my hifi etc and perfect response as expected so I know these are all good. Yeah I agree about the overdriving. I have the slider just above the half way mark in 'normal' volume, and the 770's at 80 ohms needs no adjustment from slider which is helpful. Distortion is noticeable mainly when using jazz extensions without dissonance sounds.
I learned many years ago by wearing out a Yamaha that if I played with too low volume one tends to simply hit the keys too hard (very bad to practice this way).
I would have expected this Kawai to be a bit more precise and at least have a common response from the keys and be amplified well within the audible range to accomplish a proper piano sound and attack etc. If I turn the volumes down to reduce the distortion is becomes really unnatural and besides - in my mind not fit for purpose.

Killomiter, have you tried visiting a Kawai dealer to play-test another CA79 in order to rule out the possibility that there is something amiss with your piano?

Kind regards,
James
x

K
K
Hi James, My nearest dealer is about 1.5 hours away and the dealer I played and bought mine from is half way down country and takes a full day. So it is hard to do this (covid etc.) but relying on emailing and phone has proved useless as you may remember.
Of late I have been attempting to alter the sound in VT but as is my usual effort a go so much that my ears get befuddled. I also have tried to use other setting sets from players here on PW. some to better or less effective. It is certainly a pointless exercise to play with headphones as it simply amplifies all. There is nothing wrong with the action and everything else to do with CA79, (apart from my ineptitude of course). Today it occurred to me from reading elsewhere on the web that I could use music that came with the CA79 to get my hands off the keys to hear a distance away. But even then I am not clear as to whether the instruments' sound generator is involved? and if I alter any settings would it alter the sound result in playback?
Someone (I think it was Mac Mac Mac) on the other forum jokingly said that players probably need to go to classes to learn how to manipulate and control all the settings on DP's currently sold. I had to laugh at this but actually had a very valid point? Or perhaps the manufacturers in general could knock up a series of videos just for this specific purpose? Who knows hey

thx for your suggestions and work on here

Andy

Last edited by Killomiter; 12/18/21 08:59 AM. Reason: spelling
Originally Posted by Killomiter
Today it occurred to me from reading elsewhere on the web that I could use music that came with the CA79 to get my hands off the keys to hear a distance away. But even then I am not clear as to whether the instruments' sound generator is involved? and if I alter any settings would it alter the sound result in playback?

Yes, the Music tab includes a broad range of classic pieces that can be played back through the instrument's sound generator. I believe it should be possible to then return to the Piano tab while the music is playing and change the playback sound or adjust Virtual Technician settings etc. This should be possible using both the built-in touchscreen or the PianoRemote app paired via Bluetooth.

Kind regards,
James
x

N
NXR Offline
N
Originally Posted by Killomiter
Of late I have been attempting to alter the sound in VT but as is my usual effort a go so much that my ears get befuddled. I also have tried to use other setting sets from players here on PW. some to better or less effective. It is certainly a pointless exercise to play with headphones as it simply amplifies all. There is nothing wrong with the action and everything else to do with CA79, (apart from my ineptitude of course).

If you have not seen this 14-minute video from Stu Harrison at Merriam Music yet, it might be worthwhile. He casually mentioned in another video that he made some custom settings to a CA79 to get it sounding a lot like a CA99 and then he got many, many requests as to what he did. So he produced this video showing what he changed and why:

HTH,

Ray

Last edited by NXR; 12/18/21 07:20 PM.

Kawai CA99, Satin Black
Yamaha P-121
Kawai X-150D
N
N
I am reading that the CA99 (I assume the other CA series have something like this too) comes with some practice songs and exercises loaded for the novice to work on. What is the consensus on these? Are they good and will they help a newbie learn much?

CA99 and loving it.
A
A
I’ve got the same problem on my newly bought CA99.
I hear a metallic buzzing coming from one of the speakers on the top towards the center when I play at any volume at any range between lowest and upper mid section on any piano sound.
It sounds to me like a faulty speaker.
I’m quite disappointed but I will call the store I bought it from to find out how to get this resolved.
Any other advice for me to test would be great. I have already updated the LCD screen and system firmware.

W
W
I got a CA79 and I am very happy about it, except that it has a rather loud key noise from the E5 key (and to a lesser degree on G5).
I have to admit it has become quite disturbing and annoying. Is this normal? Does anyone else with CA79 /CA99 have this odd key that makes more key noise compared to the rest?

N
NXR Offline
N
All of mine clunk when tapped down with any force. If you tap one down hard it's silent except for those few?

Ray

Kawai CA99, Satin Black
Yamaha P-121
Kawai X-150D
Originally Posted by nofearengineer
I am reading that the CA99 (I assume the other CA series have something like this too) comes with some practice songs and exercises loaded for the novice to work on. What is the consensus on these? Are they good and will they help a newbie learn much?

In my opinion, there is no substitute for a real teacher - perferably in person, but online can also be beneficial.

The CA99's practise songs and exercises include Alfred pieces and a wide variety of classical content. This material can be listened to first, and then practised hands separately. It's also possible to adjust the tempo of the the pracises songs, which is another useful feature.

It's perhaps worth noting that all of the lesson content built into the CA99 can also be accessed via the PianoRemote app, which can be downloaded onto an iOS or Android device and used in "Demo mode" without the need to connect to the piano. In addition, the notated scores for many of these pieces can also be viewed via the separate PiaBookPlayer app (also available for iOS/Android), however this app will need to be connected to a Kawai piano via Bluetooth or USB cable in order to function.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
James
x

Originally Posted by AnthonyR007
I’ve got the same problem on my newly bought CA99.
I hear a metallic buzzing coming from one of the speakers on the top towards the center when I play at any volume at any range between lowest and upper mid section on any piano sound.
It sounds to me like a faulty speaker.
I’m quite disappointed but I will call the store I bought it from to find out how to get this resolved.

If there is indeed a faulty with one of the speakers on your CA99, this should be resolved by the dealer.

However, you may also wish to try a beta firmware update which some customers find improves the sound of the instrument.

If you would like to know more details, please send me a private message with your contact email address, location, and the name of the dealer from who the instrument was purchased.

Kind regards,
James
x

Originally Posted by WalthervonStolzing
I got a CA79 and I am very happy about it, except that it has a rather loud key noise from the E5 key (and to a lesser degree on G5).

You may find that the different mechanism sound of those two keys rectifies itself after a week or so. However, if not, and you still find the sound to be annoying even when playing the instrument at ~50% volume, please consult with your Kawai dealer.

Kind regards,
James
x

N
N
I agree, but given that right now, everyone feels the need to require hazmat suits in order to interact with another person, I'm going to be stuck in the virtual realm for a while. I'll get out of it as much as I can.

CA99 and loving it.
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Got my CA99 delivered today, second one I've bought yes. First one was traded in, it had issues also as i detailed in other posts. This new one fingers crossed seems perfect, i still am very much in love with the GF3 action hence why I decided on a CA99 again, it's just responsive, fast and overall a joy to play on, i prefer it to the yamaha N1X action also. The only action i consider better on the market is NV10.

P
P
Perfect timing..... Enjoy your new DP

Adult Beginner - Kawai ES920 - Pianoteq Standard -
K
K
Great news MWF Happy days and Happy new Year to you and yours smile

Andy

Last edited by Killomiter; 12/26/21 09:00 AM.
J
J
Congratulation MWF! I tried the CA99 for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was a lovely instrument. Beautiful design with great action and great sound.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Thanks guys, merry Christmas and a happy new year to you!

M
mwf Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
So i discovered some overly resistant/heavier keys, a few of them... Maybe needs playing in, but it annoys me they're not all perfect as one another, as they should be... Not sure whether it's something I'll bring up with dealer, i think on my first CA99 I had one key that was similar, slightly more resistant, and i felt that was more of a concern so technician did fix that in all fairness, was greasing issue, he said it would have been fine if I'd kept playing it, would have fixed itself, so maybe i should wait few weeks of playing first before I consider reporting it.

Page 168 of 177 1 2 166 167 168 169 170 176 177

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Natural sharp sign?
by Brus - 05/17/22 06:15 AM
Such a great piece!
by Qazsedcft - 05/17/22 04:48 AM
A mysterious and irritating phenomena..
by Rallent - 05/16/22 11:14 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,110
Posts3,192,143
Members105,292
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission