2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
51 members (EPW, 8ude, Chris B, alans, Ed McMorrow, RPT, emenelton, AndrewJCW, 11 invisible), 854 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Nigo
Originally Posted by srodrigo
Good point. Or maybe there are more ES920 around because it's cheaper and less niche. I don't know
MP11 is a VERY specific thing. Way too heavy to be a real stage piano (there is MP7 for that), way too complex/ugly to be a portable home DP (the CA65 didn't cost much more), doesn't have speaker and more importantly, (almost) not updated for a decade
the ES920 is the "new" thing. When the MP11 came out the ES6 was still around

I'd probably be happy with a ES920, but RHIII action doesn't seem like the way to go compared to GF.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A
Originally Posted by Nigo
Good point. Or maybe there are more ES920 around because it's cheaper and less niche. I don't know
MP11 is a VERY specific thing. Way too heavy to be a real stage piano (there is MP7 for that), way too complex/ugly to be a portable home DP (the CA65 didn't cost much more), doesn't have speaker and more importantly, (almost) not updated for a decade
the ES920 is the "new" thing. When the MP11 came out the ES6 was still around

The look is a personal taste. In my opinion, MP7SE and 11SE are the most gorgeous stage instruments in the market. But you are referring to few things that are specific to stage pianos:

1- MP11SE is a stage piano with an action closer to a real grand piano than any other stage piano in the market. It's heavy because of its action (length of the keys and the action mechanics)
2- It is not heavy for a stage piano that feels like a grand piano
3- It's not complex and not ugly
4- Stage pianos shouldn't have speakers

Some of the issues that are mentioned here are rare and others can be addressed easily. I have had my MP7SE and never had any problem with it so far, but I'm sure it will develop faulty keys at one point, because the rubbers under the keys will fall apart eventually

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
M
M
I'm not quite sure if you can store the MP11SE as easily as you seem to assume: the box, in which it was delivered, said: don't put it in a vertical position. So I'd double-check if you can store it the way you currently intend. Also, non-upright-DPs usually don't come with home service during warranty. You'd have to bring that beast to the technician if anything is wrong with it.

Last edited by Marc345; 12/15/21 12:04 AM.

HW: MP11SE, Touche SE (+Arturia Keylab Ess. 88, Akai MPK249, in reserve: GEM Promega 3)
SW: Garritan CFX, Ravenscroft 275, Modern U, Noire, Absolute 5, Acousticsamples B5
Pics: https://imgur.com/a/GZgdFm3
Tog Offline
Hi Marc345,

Your statement regarding home service during Kawai's 5-year Warranty period for their Stage Piano's is factually incorrect, at least in the UK, as I've had a technician visit my home when necessary.

I can't, of course, speak for the situation in Germany or other marketplaces around the World. However, I would be surprised if it differs throughout much of Europe given that the EU inheritated much of its consumer protection legislation from the UK during the time of our 40+ year membership and is reflected in Kawai's warranty accordingly. The USA, I understand, is different and consumer legislation can vary from State to State.

In any event I suggest that the OP verifies the position with their local Kawai distributor and chosen dealership before purchase. Be aware that purchasing outside of your marketplace's official distribution channel may negate Kawai's warranty terms, dependant on the provisions afforded by local legislation.

Kind regards,

Tog

Standard: Absolute beginner. Currently butchering Bach BWV846!
Kit: Kawai MP11SE; Focal Alpha 80 monitors (pair); the original REL 'Storm' Sub-woofer from the early 1990's ( manufactured by BK Electronics Ltd on behalf of REL); Roland Z-Stand; generic studio style speaker stands; HP Grado SR60
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Marc345
I'm not quite sure if you can store the MP11SE as easily as you seem to assume: the box, in which it was delivered, said: don't put it in a vertical position. So I'd double-check if you can store it the way you currently intend. Also, non-upright-DPs usually don't come with home service during warranty. You'd have to bring that beast to the technician if anything is wrong with it.

Yeah, I'm aware of the vertical position issue. The idea was to store it on the floor or on a bed in an empty room.

I didn't know about the technician for non upright's... That doesn't sound good. Also, I might have dreamt of it, but I think I read someone complaining that Kawai said some 3 years warranty was not applicable because the instrument was built in 2017. But I'm not sure whether this is true.

I'm afraid I've decided I'm not getting a CA79/99. I was considering ordering the MP11se this week. Either that or nothing, as I need to remove the beast when I'm away for long periods.

A
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
A

Yeah, I'm aware of the vertical position issue. The idea was to store it on the floor or on a bed in an empty room.

I didn't know about the technician for non upright's... That doesn't sound good. Also, I might have dreamt of it, but I think I read someone complaining that Kawai said some 3 years warranty was not applicable because the instrument was built in 2017. But I'm not sure whether this is true.

I'm afraid I've decided I'm not getting a CA79/99. I was considering ordering the MP11se this week. Either that or nothing, as I need to remove the beast when I'm away for long periods.

People say many things. Kawai still manufactures MP11SE as of speaking today!

MP11SE was introduced in 2017...

Now if I go and order an MP11SE and get it tomorrow, is Kawai going to say we manufactured it in 2017 and we won't offer a warranty on it anymore?!!!

It comes with a warranty and it is valid for 3 yeras as long as you buy it from an official Kawai dealer.

Kawai MP7SE, Yamaha MOTF XF6, Yamaha WX5, Yamaha Pacifica 112v
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Abdol

People say many things. Kawai still manufactures MP11SE as of speaking today!

MP11SE was introduced in 2017...

Now if I go and order an MP11SE and get it tomorrow, is Kawai going to say we manufactured it in 2017 and we won't offer a warranty on it anymore?!!!

It comes with a warranty and it is valid for 3 yeras as long as you buy it from an official Kawai dealer.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense, to be honest. The warranty should be fine.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks everyone for your advice smile I've decided to get the MP11se, so I can remove it from the living room when I'm abroad for 6+ months. The savings can go into a better/newer DP in the future when I have my own space.

S
OP Offline
S
It's been a week since I got the beast home. So far so good. The action is good enough to do my main practice, and the sound is great. Happy with the purchase.

I've noticed that some keys are a bit louder when released than others. But I recall reading other people noticing this, so it doesn't seem like a problem?

I play with my AKG702, which sound quite well. I might be looking into speakers below 300 euros. After researching on this forum, it looks like iLoud Micro could be a good option? I don't need to fill large rooms or anything like that, just hear what I'm playing with a decent sound. I saw some users going for Edifier R1280T, R1700BT or R1850DB. But on some comparisons, the iLoud sounded better to my ears.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Two, Three and Four Hamburg Steinways in Concert
by Joseph Fleetwood - 08/11/22 10:32 PM
Dissonant overtones when mute rail is engaged
by MattH22 - 08/11/22 08:36 PM
Your piano teacher
by Dscally - 08/11/22 07:25 PM
To RD-2000 owners
by PianoStartsAt33 - 08/11/22 07:18 PM
Buying a Yamaha U1?
by ada d. - 08/11/22 05:31 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics214,350
Posts3,215,600
Members106,065
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission