2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
34 members (13bwl, Calavera, Dore, C. L., dima5222, brennbaer, 8 invisible), 477 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Antonlo Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Want to buy a new piano for my daughter who starts to practice piano. And I want to control the budget around 4000US$ , which one should I buy , Yamaha B1 (Indonesia) or FEURICH F115 (China) ? In term of durability, I have more confidence on Yamaha, but in term of the sound quality , seems FEURICH got a rich tone across the keyboard ( just listen from YouTube). Would anyone who have experience could give me some advice?

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Can't compare directly, but the entry-level Yamahas are nothing to write home about.

G
G
Stay away from the B1. Any digital piano above 1000€ makes more sense. The Yamaha B2 or the Kawai K200 are where acoustic pianos start to make sense in my opinion. Cannot say anything about Feurich since I have never played one.

W.Hoffmann T122, Roland FP-50, Roland RD-64

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until November 30 2022
Here's a past PW thread regarding the Feurich 115. I'd certainly be curious to try one of these myself.

http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/1952521/1.html

I'm curious - why are the Yamaha and Feurich the only pianos being considered thus far? Are you unable to personally audition either of these instruments?

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
Korg SP-100 Stage Piano
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
S
S
a used Yamaha U1 is a good one.

G
G
If you buy a piano for your daughter who is just starting to play the piano and you are unsure if she stays at playing the piano, then buying a used piano makes a lot of sense. Buy from a dealer (i.e. not from private) and there shouldn’t be any surprises. Stay with a well-known brand and buy something that is less than 20 or so years old and you won’t have much trouble selling it again if she loses interest. Makes probably more sense than buying entry-level new.

So, yeah, just like skylertangchen said. Add to the U1 also U3 and the P121 (has a different number in the US) and maybe the b2 and b3 from Yamaha, and K200, K300 and K500 from Kawai (earlier models may have somewhat different numbers) and you have a bunch of solid choices that will be within 4000USD.

W.Hoffmann T122, Roland FP-50, Roland RD-64
S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Antonio - if you haven’t done so, you may find the Pianobuyer.com website to be very informative. They have many articles related to various issues about buying pianos. If possible, I would try to keep an open mind to more pianos than just those two. I would also consider starting with a digital piano, as has been mentioned, and I’d also consider lightly used, pretty young pianos.
I think with your budget, you should be able to get a decent acoustic upright piano. I spent much of my young learning years with a Yamaha M306, which was a model that was a similar size to the B1 but with a different cabinet. It was more than adequate to take me through many years of piano learning, so if you feel the B1 is your best option, I am not nearly as negative about this as some of the other folks on the thread. The Feurich has the advantage of being 2 inches taller. The difference between 43 and 45 inches may be quite significant in terms of being able to produce a nicer sound.
Again, keep an open mind, and try to look at as many options as you can.
Also, are you in the US? My understanding is that Feurich does not have an active dealer network in the US, in which case I would find it surprising that you have found a new Feurich upright (I would definitely ascertain that it is indeed new).

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I think there is a shop in or near Chicago that carries them.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Maestro Lennie
I think there is a shop in or near Chicago that carries them.

Interesting. There’s a 2012 review but no other Feurich article/entry in PianoBuyer, as far as I can find. I think in a former thread, this had been attributed to lack of a dealer network. I guess there is one but it’s too small to warrant a PB entry…

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Both the Feurich and the Yamaha are good choices. I do prefer Yamaha products in general and IMHO I think the model b1 is fine. Properly preped b1s are surprisingly fun to play and they are very versatile for a small piano. It is a small piano. I'm curious if your daughter has a preference?

"Imagine it in all its primatic colorings, its counterpart in our souls - our souls that are great pianos whose strings, of honey and of steel, the divisions of the rainbow set twanging, loosing on the air great novels of adventure!" - William Carlos Williams
E
E
None is a bad choice but I would prefer Yamaha because of the durability. You know it's for a small girl and the piano can fall down anytime. Yamaha product is more rugged

Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Originally Posted by eliabyawa
None is a bad choice but I would prefer Yamaha because of the durability. You know it's for a small girl and the piano can fall down anytime. Yamaha product is more rugged

Have you actually heard of a piano falling down? There have been no reported cases here.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by eliabyawa

Really. A small girl is likley to be unable to topple over a piano (on a sensible level floor) even if she tried. Now if we were talking about hulking great weight lifters or sumo wrestlers coming back drunk and with a death wish that might be more of a risk :-)

However what might be useful to look for if safety is a primary consideration might be a 'soft fall' fallboard.

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich Second Waltz piano transcription..
by Petoskeyguy - 05/26/22 09:53 PM
Disklavier MKII : replace power supply?
by carlspost - 05/26/22 03:33 PM
Sight reading progress
by BlizzardPiano - 05/26/22 03:18 PM
13th Piano Composition Competition Fidelio (Extended!!)
by harmonium53 - 05/26/22 01:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,254
Posts3,194,757
Members105,376
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission