2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
86 members (Adem, Alex C, Animisha, 80k, Andre R., Belger1900, AJB, Aachen, 19 invisible), 633 guests, and 335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
I'm working on some more stuff - it is a lot of fun to take a break from the more difficult pieces and play Christmas music. Not that the music is easy - I like the jazzy arrangements, and they are far from easy.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
L
Online Content
L
Sam - Thank you for starting the Holiday Music thread. You saved me from the scary prospect of opening a December Piano Bar. Your recording of First Noel with Tootles was lovely and also the one from last year. Our local classical radio station played 'Walking the Dog' this morning and it made me think of your and Tootles' fun recording from the GAS themed recital.

Rickster - I loved both of your arrangements. Jazzy Jingle Bells was my favorite. Besides being just jazzy, I detected a hint of the style of playing you'd hear in an old saloon and some country music influence also.

I finally got an o.k. recording of Santa Baby. Not without mistakes, but at least not what I consider the 'train wreck' variety.

Santa Baby

I may add one or more between now and New Years. Sounds like a nice excuse to take a break from some 'stretch' pieces.

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
lilyoad, that was great! Wonderful tempo and just the right naughty but nice feel to it. Yeah, Santa Baby...

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Loved it, lilypad!! Sounded like it was played by a seasoned pro, with a bit of a jazzy flair now and then. thumb

Great music to help get me in a Christmas mood! smile

Thanks for sharing!

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
This is my rendition of the classic Christmas tune. I hope you like it. I transposed it down from the original key but may have gone to far - I sound like a very old man (I am an old man but not yet a very old man).

Merry Christmas!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
Piano Vocals of Old Guy Tunes
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Hi Bill
Really enjoyed it! This gets three Christmas trees 🎄🎄🎄

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
J
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
Gold Level
6000 Post Club Member
J
Ah, wonderful music! I love Sam and Tootles' music - it was lovely. And I always like Rick's styling - this time I'm hoping to learn something from it - it's about time I was more "at ease" with the keyboard. And lilypad! What great swing! Just "up a lazy river" perfect! And I haven't heard Bill in a long time - what a treasure. Thank you all.

Cathy
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Perhaps "more music" is always the answer, no matter what the question might be! - Qwerty53
Gold Subscriber
Gold Subscriber
Hi Lilypad
Don’t know how I missed your great rendition of Santa Baby! It made me want to dance😊

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
That was great Bill! Very mellow. Christmas has the best music of all the holidays!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
I enjoyed that, Bill! Your superb playing, and singing, has always inspired me! smile

No, you are not an old man, but I do believe your hair is a bit whiter than the last time I saw you perform... welcome to the club, my friend (the white hair club:-)!! smile

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Sam and Tootles - I love everything about this from the nifty cross-hand work to the very cool arrangement (the key change was unexpected). What a wonderful gift to make music with your wife! We always get a smile from Tootles at the conclusion of the piece. Fabulous!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Rickster - I always enjoy your videos and feel like I know you even though we have never met in person - I love seeing the performer perform (not just the hands). You have always had a unique piano style which is a pleasure to listen to, but I will admit to being a little disappointed that you didn’t sing Have Your Self a Merry Little Christmas as you have a wonderful voice. You have that Baldwin Rocking!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Lilypad - an excellent performance of Santa Baby - a swinging arrangement nicely played -well done.

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
L
Online Content
L
BillM - I'll Be Home For Christmas was lovely, with your voice adding such a nice personal touch. I remember a number of performances of yours from the Great American Songbook themed recital. 'What Are You Doing New Years Eve' would be right at home on this holiday music thread.

Sam, Rickster, BillM, jotur and dogperson - thank you for listening and your nice comments on Santa Baby. I should mention that it was not my own arrangement, but from a collection Christmas standards arranged by Mike Springer. Curiously enough, the words and music credit for the piece is listed as Joan Javits, Philip Springer and Tony Springer. I searched the internet to discover whether Mike Springer was related to the other Springers, but came up empty handed. A coincidence?

My other hobby - gardening for an audience. https://naturescaping.org/the-gardens/entrance-garden/
T
2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
T
Wexford Carol; Bring a Torch

Here are two carols, beautifully arranged by Mark Hayes. What I plan to do over this Christmas season is provide two carols apiece by various arrangers, just to give you a sampling of what's available. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by Tim Adrianson

Here are two carols, beautifully arranged by Mark Hayes. What I plan to do over this Christmas season is provide two carols apiece by various arrangers, just to give you a sampling of what's available. Enjoy!

Beautiful playing! I enjoyed it much! Very smooth and soothing! smile

All the best, and Merry Christmas!

Rick

Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member

Those are great Tim. And wonderfully played, as you always do!

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Tim - beautifully done - thanks for posting!

BillM (formerly b528nf7)
Roland KR-17M
Baldwin R
Clavinova CLP-150
L
Online Content
L

Tim -Both carols are really beautiful. You have a talent for discovering really nice arrangements and playing them really well. 'Bring a Torch' is a favorite that I remember singing in chorus in junior high (early 1960's).

Sam S Offline OP
5000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
5000 Post Club Member
Here's another quick one from me. Of course, it takes forever to practice even something this simple!

"What Child is This" aka Greensleeves arranged by Lee Evans from his collection "Jazz Up Your Christmas"

Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Music theory - Key identification
by Animisha - 07/06/22 11:21 AM
Yamaha P-125 String Resonance
by Petzold - 07/06/22 09:50 AM
Piano saver system? does everyone use this?
by NJ_Piano_Mom - 07/06/22 09:00 AM
Future-proof-ness of a silent acoustic grand
by Falsch - 07/06/22 08:03 AM
Haessler
by PianistEsq - 07/06/22 12:05 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,827
Posts3,205,819
Members105,735
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission