If you have the chance to edit the survey, and you find it in any way helpful to getting a higher response rate and more useful results, here are the reasons why I will not be filling it out:
1. Consenting to the second attached form seems intrusive and does not clearly match the e-survey statement.
2. I am required to specify my age, though you give participants the right to withhold disclosure of their gender. Be consistent.
3. Item 4 should probably include “hybrid”.
4. Item 5 should have more choices. Some people only use their pianos occasionally. I would figure ascertaining the presence of absence of a dust cover would be a more important question, or whether the piano keyboard or entire instrument is kept covered, when not in use!
5. Item 6 should include common choices like a disposable duster, and a cloth or paper towel wet with liquid.
6. Item 7 is just lazy- it feels like you’re asking the participant to do your work for you. Also it’s going to generate potentially unhelpful data that will be harder to group.
7. Item 9 does not have enough choices.
8. Item 10 is fairly disorganized and assumes a level of technical knowledge that most of us don’t have in terms of understanding the root cause of specific problems.
9. Item 11 asks a yes or no question and also requires a numerical response. It should be two questions.
10. Item 13 doesn’t specify how much time and effort the user would need to undertake, which makes it difficult to answer.