2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
95 members (AlphaBravoCharlie, An Old Square, BlakeOR, Anglagard44, 8ude, Abdol, 21 invisible), 816 guests, and 527 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3167645 10/31/21 07:13 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
@Kawai James, how do I go about reporting this so that it can be fixed?

To see the bug, do the following steps:

Choose a patch from the electric piano section that has effects engaged, eg “tine 3”.

Hold down some notes.

Keeping the notes held, switch to a different patch, such as “tine 2”.

Now if you disengage any of the FX, you'll hear that this action affects the held notes - it shouldn’t as the patch has been switched so the buttons should really only now apply to “tine 2”.

Release the notes and then play some more notes. You’ll now be hearing the patch on “tine 2” but even though the FX lights are now off, you’ll hear that the effects are actually still engaged.

The same thing happens with the “amp” button and probably with the “reverb” button.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello Quatschmacher,

May I kindly ask you to confirm the version of the firmware running on your MP11SE, please?

The latest version on this page (at the time of writing) is 1.04. If your MP11SE is running an older firmware, please apply the latest update and let me know if the problem that you are encountring still occurrs.

If it does, I can pass-on your comment to a colleague on the MP product team to investigate further.

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi James,

thanks for your reply.

I’m on the latest firmware (it was already installed when I got the piano a few months ago), so the bug is in the latest version.

Kind regards,

Peter

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply, and confirming that your MP11SE is running the latest firmware.

Regarding this point:

Originally Posted by Quatschmacher
Now if you disengage any of the FX, you'll hear that this action affects the held notes - it shouldn’t as the patch has been switched so the buttons should really only now apply to “tine 2”.

This is actually the correct behaviour, and not a bug. The held notes of TINE3 and the newly played notes of TINE2 use the same effects block, therefore the EFX on/off button affects both sounds.

Release the notes and then play some more notes. You’ll now be hearing the patch on “tine 2” but even though the FX lights are now off, you’ll hear that the effects are actually still engaged.

I don't believe this should happen.
Are you using the E.PIANO section only? Are any other sections turned on?

May I ask you to send me a PM with a video that demonstrates this behaviour, please?

Kind regards,
James
x

Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hello Peter,

Thank you for your reply, and confirming that your MP11SE is running the latest firmware.

Regarding this point:

This is actually the correct behaviour, and not a bug. The held notes of TINE3 and the newly played notes of TINE2 use the same effects block, therefore the EFX on/off button affects both sounds.

I don't believe this should happen.
Are you using the E.PIANO section only? Are any other sections turned on?

May I ask you to send me a PM with a video that demonstrates this behaviour, please?

Kind regards,
James
x

Hi James,

I see your point about the effects block being shared. I assumed it was like the 1, 2 and 3 buttons and totally separate.

In this example, I only had the electric piano section enabled. I will see if the behaviour also happens in the other two sections.

Yes, I can make a video tonight and send it.

Hello,

It may be useful to refer to the block diagram on page 19 of the owner's manual to get a better understanding of how the different sections and their effects etc. are structured.

https://www.kawai-global.com/data/manuals/MP11SE_EN_R100.pdf#page=19

Kind regards,
James
x

R
R
Dear Kawaii James, I am new to the Forum and am a proud owner of a new MP11SE. Bought it from Sweetwater two months ago. Now, I have not played it much, intensely tried out different functions but then left it alone and played a little bit on and off. Starting probably a couple of weeks ago, the screen started to do this funny thing, so I want to get opinions.
First, the software is 1.04.

What it does is that as soon as I start hitting some key, the screen starts up flash/display values of different settings, e.g volume, damper resonance, brilliance etc, whatever adjustment that there is, it quickly runs through those in the center of the screen. Sometimes, the value actually changes by itself, for example the volume would change from 104 up before the next adjustment value appears.
The interesting thing is these random cycling of modules and value do not actually take effect, as I'm playing. Nothing that I'd notice. Today, I just continue to play and after a while, it stopped cycling through displays. Looked like it calmed down at last.... Any ideas?

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Coming soon: PianoWorld 25th Anniversary!
by EB5AGV - 12/08/21 01:20 PM
RIP Barry Harris!
by 36251 - 12/08/21 12:07 PM
Barry Harris has died
by Dfrankjazz - 12/08/21 12:07 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,453
Posts3,151,509
Members103,558
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission