2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
75 members (Boboulus, brdwyguy, Ajax69, Bugsi, ambrozy, 22 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 670 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
I had to look up Adelholzener , I thought it was some sort of alcoholic drink. Memories of going ( actually by accident ) to the October fest in Munich came to mind.

However the following is really quite interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelholzener_Alpenquellen

Last edited by Lady Bird; 02/25/21 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015
7000 Post Club Member
Online Content

Platinum Supporter until Feb 18  2015
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Lady Bird
Originally Posted by aesop
I think top manufacturers, even small ones, are not just only for their family business now. They're legends, their quality being concerned and supervised by all the pianists and amateurs of the world. That means responsibility. In the fierce market competition today, I don't think their Asian supporters will take the risk of doing anything harmful to the German/Austrian makes. And in my personal opinion "being busy making fine pianos" is basically a good way to gain long-term trust.
I agree aesop !

One of the benefits of being a closely held company is that expectations can be adjusted. Production can decrease, for example, if necessary. The big corporate way of doing business, spreading ownership across a zillion shares, largely embodies "success" in growth: increasing revenue and profits, and/or share price. Contraction doesn't bode well for fundamental analysis, and tends to disappoint investors. A small family owned business, on the other hand, can resist the temptation to grow for the sake of growing, and simply rely on the enterprise to generate "enough" over the long haul.

How to Upload Pictures
“If it sounds good, it IS good.” ― Duke Ellington!

L
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
L
Yes but Schimmel.not does make that many pianos in the Braunschweig centre branch .With the Konzert series uprights and grands especially they do not make many of them. More time is spent on making these models( including the uprights .Why would throw that quality away ! It's unnecessary suspicion !
I do not know much about investing., even the ardent investors know that quality control can not thrown out on the best instruments.

There are so many other models that Schimmel make that use parts that are cheaper but even these seem successful. These are apparently made in greater numbers , The total number of uprights even with these do not add up to mass produced numbers of uprights. (according to Piano Buyer)

But yes they can always reduce making greater numbers of the expensive uprights and grands.( such as as the Konzert ) , which they do , and make more of the Wilhelm models in Poland using cheaper action parts . By the way the Wilhelm Schimmel pianos are quite successful. They are said have warmer tone.
They had one of their grands at Namm 2030 aparently.

Last edited by Lady Bird; 02/26/21 04:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Z
zeitlos Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
I really hope that this pandemic will finally end soon. I want to visit some manufacturers here in Germany/Bavaria to tour their production sites. Might give a solid impression. Btw. Schimmel has posted some interesting insights into their production on their Facebook page just recently. Might be of interest in this context.

Last edited by zeitlos; 11/23/21 04:50 PM.
E
E
I think we've all seen pianos apparently made by chimpanzees using their feet.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by edferris
I think we've all seen pianos apparently made by chimpanzees using their feet.

They can play really modern atonal music too

My piano's voice is my voice to the great unknown, out there..in other words a hymn.That is all but that is enough.

Just sold my old C2 and am thinking of replacing it with a CBechstein124, Schimmel K132 or a YUS5.
P
P
Yeah, it is not about the level of the pieces you play, but about the joy you experience.

E
E
Tone clusters is the term. I like how he goes into the high and low registers for contrast. Our concert pianists should study his facial expressions -- they seldom look like they're enjoying themselves.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Tone clusters is the term. I like how he goes into the high and low registers for contrast. Our concert pianists should study his facial expressions -- they seldom look like they're enjoying themselves.
Well yes, even though he is confined, he is enjoying himself.Of course we laugh, but no doubt he would laugh at this this thread if he could read human text.Humans can be absurd, and fun is often forgotten.Too serious I know..

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
they seldom look like they're enjoying themselves.

Different philosophies about the music..perhaps? Jazz often performed at parties, hotels,and restaurants where people
can be themselves.Classical in concert halls, recital rooms where people are afraid to cough or whisper for fear of disturbing another's deep contemplation of the music.

Of course now we are all masked up and if you cough more than once you could have a sudden evacuation anyway., like a bomb siren during the war.

E
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
E
ROY123
I do think I drill pinblocks better than factory machines. I take all day to drill one block because of the care I use.

I do agree machines make parts in general much better than hand work. But when you start dealing with the boundaries of the elasticities of the components, a skilled feel is superb.

In a seemingly infinite universe-infinite human creativity is-seemingly possible.
According to NASA, 93% of the earth like planets possible in the known universe have yet to be formed.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Well since I am waiting for the arrival of my Schimmel K132 (made 2016 or 2017) this seems like a real downer at least to myself.This was a private purchase through a technician to one of his other customer. (who was recompensed for his help in checking the piano)
I have done a search and I see three brands at one time were attacked by 3 posters.There seemed to have been a poison pen letter sent to someone's place of employment.(an employee atBechstein) by a member of PW ???... a discussion of picture of a box marked Schimmel left with a bottle of alcohol.., then discussions of that "highly respected organization" the BVK..and the exclusion
of some brands.

Reading the thread from beginning to the end is hardly understandable.Yet a persistent asteroid from Bavaria (timeless he says) smashes into the Schimmel factory production.Perhaps because the new owners in a distant country are now major share holders.So Sorry Germany!!!

From an original bill I have of the piano I bought I found the dealer who assures me the Schimmel Konzert series uprights are not massed produced and there is significant HAND WORK done by highly skilled workers (not foot or leg 😉) and of course machine work done on these pianos and not many of these models are made.So no mass production is going on with Konzert and Classic series uprights which have Renner action.(full Renner action with the case of the Konzert series uprights) The new Schimmel Konzert uprights SMP prices are really high, I mean,.come on! This thread is malignant it seems and destructive for not only one high end brand but for many.

Since Grotrian and Sauter are no longer certified members of the esteemed BVK but just casual "members", manufacturers like Petrof, perhaps that individual will turn his attention to those two other brands that have also been excluded.
In the time being it would be a great help if someone like terminaldegree from Piano Buyer could give some feed back about these pianos on this thread.As a buyer of a Schimmel Konzert upright, It would greatly appreciated by myself as I wait and this rubbish stays intact on a forum like PW.
As far as I understand even buyers of used (although almost new) pianos get some understanding and perhaps a sprinkling
of empathy.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Happy Holidays Everyone!!
by Oniap - 11/27/21 01:56 PM
Bestselling Adult Beginner Method Books Reviewed
by scientistplayspian - 11/27/21 01:38 PM
Heartattack - how my iPad destroyed my Piano
by Senahoi - 11/27/21 12:49 PM
Happy story of the day
by cfhosford - 11/27/21 11:40 AM
Cleaning device for digital pianos survey (updated)
by ILoveCoffee - 11/27/21 11:26 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,275
Posts3,149,124
Members103,442
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission