2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
32 members (admodios, busa, Cominut, drumour, Foxtrot3, crab89, EVC2017, clothearednincompo, APianistHasNoName, 6 invisible), 1,167 guests, and 280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
this season, nightingale nests only 10 meters from my recording studio
recorded him these nights

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
continuing the thread wanna share another soundscape
it is the crickets choir recorded on a summer night

here you can find downloads of these nature sounds in flac, wave 24/48, and mp3
it is free or listening and music production
https://musictales.club/tags/nature-sounds

Serg

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i was going to record bees for a long time
it was not an easy task
now i don’t think that bees are such hard workers as it described in fairy tales
a plum bush blossomed near the studio
i waited for bees one week connecting daily 100m of cables
but they appeared only once and buzzed just two hours
the wind hindered recordings
so there is only 10 minutes but it is excellent
this record is quieter than my other soundscapes
but I did not raise the volume to an unnatural level
bees are very quiet creatures

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i finally uploaded the soundscapes i recorded in September. since the birds are entirely silent at this time, there are fantastic cricket choirs drowning in the sounds of the wind. here are four soundscapes i captured with different techniques ortf, xy, ms, and blumlein pair.

ortf

xy

ms

blumlein pair

free downloads https://musictales.club/tags/nature-sounds

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
my summer attempts to catch the golden oriole song

Of all the birds in the Northern hemisphere, the golden oriole has one of the most bewitching songs often reminiscent of a florid flute melody if it were played in a low register. This rather large bird with yellow and black plumage prefers to live in the crowns of tall trees and rarely appears in open spaces.

When moving through the treetops, a pair of golden orioles are most likely to either perform what sounds like a genuine flute duet with fanciful variations or simply communicate by using harsh calls that resemble yowls of a cat whose tail has been stepped on.

This review contains a transcript of the sounds recorded in June during daylight hours featuring songs and calls of golden orioles accompanied by other birds, insects, wind, and other sounds of nature. These soundscapes were recorded in the depths of a mixed forest where a set of microphones captured a stereo panorama. The captured soundscapes are that of a meadow with a diameter of about 100 meters that produces a multi-level echo and deep reverb.

The recording session begins in the early hours, and a soft breeze can be heard moving the crowns of deciduous and coniferous trees in a sonic imitation of the sea surf, somewhat drowning out the bustle of morning birds. The golden oriole sings in the distance but its legato melody is clearly audible in the center of the stereo panorama and completely fills the background thanks to the layered echo of a forest meadow.

Listen to Golden oriole song accompanied by other birds:

Closer to noon, the chirping of grasshoppers and bush-crickets comes to the foreground of the soundscape, creating a truly meditative environment, especially with the recurring rustle of the wind. Shifting a little to the right, the golden oriole spreads its song through the meadow, now complemented by muted calls of other birds including thrushes, wagtails, and swallows.

Listen to Golden oriole song accompanied by insects and other birds:

By afternoon, the wind significantly picks up and completely masks all sounds produced by insects and birds, except for the loud communication between the pair of golden orioles still audible in the left channel. The couple alternates the scandalous call with their usual song performed in a higher register, and their voices gradually subside as the birds retire into the depths of the forest. Here you can also hear the creak of a tree swaying in the wind.

Listen to Golden orioles' talk accompanied by wind and other birds:

In the next soundscape, the golden oriole is localized in the left channel, while on the right you can hear the shrill call of the shrike and the distant song of another golden oriole. The wind, grasshoppers, and other birds also continue to harmonize.

Listen to Golden oriole song accompanied by wind:

For your relaxation, here is another extended soundscape from June of this year recorded in the afternoon. The recording features the sounds of birds and insects of the grassy meadow sheltered in a dense forest far from urban or industrial areas. On this hot summer day, the insects not once interrupted their song throughout the heatwave while the wind intensified and abated, revealing small details such as the small hammering sound in the left channel. This is the sound of a song thrush attempting to break the shell of a grape snail against the stone to eat the slug inside. Spans of swallows and insects sometimes interrupt the idyllic soundscape by moving right in front of the microphones. Golden orioles can also be heard moving closer from time to time.

Listen to Woodland sounds—bird calls, insects, and wind recorded on a summer morning:

The soundscapes are processed with analog equipment and the maximum playback volume does not exceed their naturally-occurring volume levels, so you can listen to it without fear of hearing fatigue.

W
W
These are so great!

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Walkman
These are so great!
many thanks!
i do my best )

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i successfully caught a spring thunderstorm this year
on the recording, you can hear thunder, rain, wind, crickets, and of course a nightingale who occasionally weaves his song into the soundscape

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
this recording of a nightingale was made on a May night
insects and other birds are silent because it was rather cold
the reverberation of the woods is clearly audible in the soundscape

L
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
L
I hear your nightingale and raise you a loon.

I believe Thoreau called the cry of the loon the wildest in nature. I’ve heard loons on a lake in northern Vermont, where I attended a sculling camp. I would rather slowly paddle next to loons than race in a boat.

Last edited by LarryK; 12/21/21 08:00 AM.
D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by LarryK
I hear your nightingale and raise you a loon.
cool calls, very similar to those sounds that make wild ducks that live in the area. love when large flocks arrive in the spring, loudly filling the surroundings with joyful cries)

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
here is last season's nightingale concert recorded at the end of May on a full moon
the night was warm, so the accompaniment of crickets is quite impressive

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
i uploaded two more soundscapes recorded last spring

here is an amazing rap battle between a thrush and a nightingale captured on a sunset

morning birds bustle in the including an intense conversation of swallows can be heard around 6:00

D
dedindi Offline OP
OP Offline
D
uploaded two more soundscapes recorded in May and June last year

here are sounds captured on a hot summer day featuring grasshoppers, crickets, wind, and birds including a sparrow who flew into our meadow to make a bit of a fuss

another May sunset with thrush, nightingale, cuckoo, crickets, wind, and couple of cats walking along the roof near the microphones

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,178
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission