2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (20/20 Vision, clothearednincompo, Colin Miles, bcalvanese, booms, 36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, AlkansBookcase, 9 invisible), 1,948 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
P
P
Originally Posted by MarieJ
I notice that #41 requested no comments (difficult for me because I have commented on every submission since Recital 38) smile. But I’ll honour this request.

Hi MarieJ, I selected 'No comments' when submitting my piece (#41) because I knew then - due to very busy work and life demands - that I wouldn't have time even to listen to the recital, let alone make any considered comments on any of the recordings, and didn't feel comfortable actively requesting comments for my own recording when not intending to reciprocate. It's purely a personal decision. Hopefully I will have more time in the future to listen/comment/play.

But please do feel free to leave a comment against my submission. It's certainly appreciated. I'd hate to be in any way responsible for you breaking your commenting streak! All the best.

I
Ido Offline
I
Rachtoven (k545)
This is super impressive for 3.5years! Great tone, it is very flowing, and musical. The only thing that really bothered me is the squashing of bar 12 (happened 3 times so I guess it's misreading of the score).
Also note that you start at one tempo and end up with a much faster one.
Having said that - again, this is very very impressive and musical.

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
I am going to struggle comment on everything. I wish I could because it is an excellent recital. So many contributions I have enjoyed a lot.

So, I am just going to comment not quite randomly.

30. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sentimental Waltz, Op 51 No 6
This is just wonderful, a beautiful piece with perfect sense of feeling to it. Thank you Shepherd.

01. Greta99 - Two Baltic Waltzes -"Tallinn" and "Vilnius" from "Reflections in Waltz"
These were interesting and so well played, and I love the rise in intensity towards the end.

02. QuasiUnaFantasia - 10 pieces for piano, opus 24,7: Andantino
Thanks for the Sibelius Qausi, I enjoyed these. I feel I need to reach a slightly higher level to give Sibelius justice.

03. PikaPianist - Nocturne Op. 3 No.2
I have never heard of Korganov. The music is sublime and so perfectly played.

04. Sam S - Valse de l'adieu
I think you captured the essential sadness of the goodbye perfectly. Such a lovely touch.

05. MarieJ - Berlin Song
So well played. You really created the soundscape these pieces need.

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Preludes Op 11, Nos 9 & 17
These are wonderful, your playing is just right. I think you managed to get those pauses just right.

26. lilypad - The Great Pumpkin Waltz
So much fun. I enjoyed this. Is it inspired by Linus.

27. Ganddalf - Sonata Pathetique, Second movement
29. Flygbladet - Sonata Pathetique Mov. 1
Wow, you both should be pleased with yourselves. To get such excellent recordings of this wonderful piece, that so many of us know so well. I can imagination the intimidation of it.

35. Serge88 - Air on the G string
Well done, I'm definitely going to have to add this to my long list of pieces to learn.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
During the last week I have listened to the whole recital a few times while I have been working. It is a good playlist, mostly it was just background noise, but there were times I just had to stop and focus on the music.

52. P Westberg - Bagatelle Op. 119 No. 1
I learnt this one earlier this year and know its difficulties. You manage a slightly quicker tempo than I could do with nice articulation, well done. The Bagatelle's really are a smorgasbord of delights to dip into and I hope you make available other recordings from Opus 119.

17. JB_PW (Jen) - Mermaid's Lullaby
Just beautiful. A lovely piece and you totally do it justice. I love it. Thank you for introducing it to me.

18. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 9 in F minor (BWV 780)
I continue to be blown away by your progress. Not just your technical achievement but the sensitivity with which you play. This is lovely to listen to and the Inventions can be hard work to capture their musicality. You've done that.

11. Ido - Invention 11 (BWV 782)
Another Invention, another Bach. This is has turned into a mini-bach recital. Well played I enjoyed this.

13. Mateusz 'Mati' Papiernik - Loutky (Puppets), H. 92: No. 3. Columbine
Wow, I loved this. I have never heard of Bohuslav Martinu before, and I really enjoyed this introduction to their compositions. A interesting piece and very well played.

14. Calavera - Legend of Mana medley
I always enjoy your contributions and this was no exception. It was definitely worth the effort and I appreciate it. Like you having limited time, having some taken away from actually practising at the piano is frustrating. I am impressed you were able to arrange this yourself.

25. Purrblast - Invention in C Major (BWV 772)
Another Bach Invention, another played well.

32. Pavel.K - Evening Clouds, No.9 from Album de Nina Op. 141
Another composer unknown to me. I need to get out of my cave and explore the world some more. This was lovely, well articulated, bright and twinkly and I enjoyed it a lot.

Originally Posted by Talão
10. KevinM - Minuet No. 1 from French Suite in B minor. No. 3
There's a very beautiful and pleasant smoothness/softness to your performance that comes across to me. Like a velvety quality to the sound. I love Bach and this was a joy to listen to. Great job!

The velvet quality you hear is very likely the choice of virtual piano and the configuration. I have three different virtual pianos that I really like, all from the same company (VSL), they all sound and behave very differently. Once I found the configuration I like I saved it and just load that for each of the pianos. The virtual piano one used for this piece is the harshest and it took more effort to create the configuration I like. Even with this configuration it is still easy to have it sound harsh or brittle, but played just right I think it has a beautiful slightly felted sound, it is just the most sensitive of the three virtual pianos to use and easiest to make sound horrid.

If I don't get a chance to comment further. Thanks so much Sam for all the work you do.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
One last one to comment since I enjoyed it so much.

34. sandalholme - 4 Mazurkas Op24
These are lovely. I've learnt just one of Chopin's Mazurkas, I didn't really enjoy the experience, or what I felt was the rhythm and feel of a Mazurka and my final result. Perhaps I was too quick in my judgement. But listening to these you have convinced me I need to give them another chance.

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
KevinM: very glad you liked it and I'm delighted you may explore the Mazurkas. That's what sharing is all about. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I absolutely agree that the mazurka rhythm is tricky and don't claim to have mastered it - far from it. But for me it's about enjoying playing music that speaks to me, and the Mazurkas do so.

G

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member

Platinum Supporter until July 22 2014
2000 Post Club Member
G
Thank you, Sam, for setting this up for us. Also, Peter, Sam, Serge, Talão, lilypad and Coati, Thank your for your gracious comments and encouragement. I don't expect the Libertango is the easiest listening, but I didn't want these great pieces to slip away into a long forgotten memory either, as so many other pieces often have once I've recorded them. A medley can breath new life into the pieces I may have otherwise become tired of by now, and that was my main motivation behind it.

I've commented on a couple of youtube videos directly, but have been wanting to get out here and spend some time listening and to appreciate this entire collection of performances. Although I may not comment on them all, they all are appreciated equally. Thank you for making the effort and sharing your performances here.

30. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Sentimental Waltz, Op 51 No 6

You play beautifully. Always like listening to your performances, Shepherd. I expect them to be top notch and they always are.

1. Greta99 - Two Baltic Waltzes -"Tallinn" and "Vilnius" from "Reflections in Waltz"

I love a nice waltz and these are great. Lovely job playing both of them. A clean and very polished sound.

2. QuasiUnaFantasia - pieces for piano, opus 24,7: Andantino

The sensitivity you play this with shines through. If feels very familiar and is so easy to listen to, yet all brand new to me. Great job.

3. PikaPianist - Nocturne Op. 3 No.2

It is this very venue that has broadened my narrow view of some great classical works. Beautiful playing and a great presentation of this Nocturne and composer that is all new to me. Thank you for sharing it.

4. Sam S - Valse de l'adieu

The simplest of tunes are often the most gorgeous of all. You bring that feel to this. Noticeable improvement over the years, Sam. You play with authority and confidence. Excellent.

5. MarieJ - Berlin Song

I can see how this would be a favorite Einaudi work. It feel unique with the full rich RH chords. Very enjoyable listening to this and nicely played.

6. wouter79 - Novelette, No17

A very lively and interesting listen. Also, sounds like quite a handful with lots of contrast. Great choice of piece and yes, I quite enjoyed that.

7. Ted Jones - Croaghaun Triptych (Part 1)

Free improvisation is beyond my comprehension I'm afraid, but there are clearly some lovely elements within and a skilled performance. It is always great to hear different performance perspectives. Well done.

Well, it's a start. I hope to be back to comment more. Meanwhile, still enjoying the listening and more to do.

F
F
Thanks for all the comments. I will try to fill in some more for myself on others.
I spent alot alot alot of time on the pathetique. So therefore a bit more sensitive and "beating myself up"
About the octaves - I had a frustrating hard time to get them to work. Until I told my brain to start focus only on the base note.
Actually the hand is more ... fitted to do the top note in both the left and right hand so with the reserve thinking I was able to get some more speed

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by Sam S
07. Ted Jones - Croaghaun Triptych (Part 1) This is a different style for you Ted - I like it! More mellow (but not too much). Lots of jazz chords. Very enjoyable to listen to.

It's probably different because I have tended to post the last few minutes of improvisations here and the endings frequently involve energy and finger work rather than chordal stuff. Thanks for that interesting observation.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Gold Supporter until June  2023

Gold Supporter until June  2023
Thank you very much Coati and Serge88 for taking the time to listen to my submission and providing feedback and encouragement!

Coati: "a calm abiding tinged with a weird sort of otherworldly melancholy." What a way to put it! I do think this is what Satie intended, and if my playing managed to do it some justice, then I'm super happy. Thanks again!

I'll try to do another batch of listening and commenting over the next couple of days.

Talão

Yamaha U3 and Kawai MP11SE
My piano journey (playing since July 2019)
10 weeks into Duane Shinn's 52-Week Crash Course
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by psyche23
Hi MarieJ, I selected 'No comments' when submitting my piece (#41) because I knew then - due to very busy work and life demands - that I wouldn't have time even to listen to the recital, let alone make any considered comments on any of the recordings, and didn't feel comfortable actively requesting comments for my own recording when not intending to reciprocate. It's purely a personal decision. Hopefully I will have more time in the future to listen/comment/play.

But please do feel free to leave a comment against my submission. It's certainly appreciated. I'd hate to be in any way responsible for you breaking your commenting streak! All the best.

So my ‘record’ stands - thanks Edwin: smile

41 psyche23(Edwin) - Mignon
How satisfying, first to find a piece that you can comfortably sight read, and then to discover it’s such a gem. THAT was a well-spent 30 minutes!

Some more Bach - lots in this Recital:

11. Ido - Invention 11 (BWV 782)
I well remember my first time alone with a grand piano. Next thing I knew, we were moving to a bigger house, so be warned! You clearly enjoyed the experience, and I enjoyed the result.

18. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 9 in F minor (BWV 780)
A sensitive performance; you’ve achieved such a lot in the past 17 months. A good one to add to your repertoire.

25. Purrblast - Invention in C Major (BWV 772)
I didn’t notice the sweatpants or your daughter’s assault on your t-shirt; I was too engrossed in enjoying your sparkly performance.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
More Bach:

31. thepianoplayer416 - Christmas Oratorio #2 - Sinfonia in G (BWV248)
Creating your own arrangement - that was quite an achievement! Congratulations!

35. Serge88 - Air on the G string
A well-known piece and a pleasant arrangement. You brought out its light and shade; I really enjoyed your performance.

39. cygnusdei - Fantasia in C minor, BWV 906
That was quite a workout. It demonstrates just how close you have come to the ‘steel’ and ‘clockwork’ goals that you have set yourself. Bravo!

42. Marklings - Well Tempered Clavier / Prelude and Fugue 6 in D minor
A lovely crisp rendition, not a butcher’s cleaver anywhere in sight. smile Nice!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]Quarterly recitals from #38

My Yamaha C3 and Kawai ES110 with Pianoteq: the best of both worlds?
Though I have nothing to contribute in that particular area, I love the Bach extravaganza, guys!

Here's my first batch of comments.

01. Greta99 - Two Baltic Waltzes -"Tallinn" and "Vilnius" from "Reflections in Waltz"
That sounds very clean to me. My favourite part is the change around 3:15. Nice playing.

I think you did a good job conveying the emotion from the piece and I especially liked the build-up towards the end.

03. PikaPianist - Nocturne Op. 3 No.2
It's funny you should mention the joy of discovery, as this is what the first part of the piece evokes to me. I'm also very partial to those delightful high notes. I really enjoyed this.

Congratulations on your 50th quarterly submission! Really impressive.

This is an interesting waltz, and I think you played it evenly and conveyed a sad (perhaps wistful or regretful) mood.

05. MarieJ - Berlin Song
I tend to find Einaudi's music a tad too repetitive for my taste, but surprisingly, it was the repetitive parts of this piece (more specifically the ones at 1:40 and 3:30) that resonated most with me. Kudos for finding some emotion in a piece that might otherwise sound boring.

06. wouter79 - Novelette, No17
Fun and interesting piece! I liked your controlled and graceful performance.

07. Ted Jones - Croaghaun Triptych (Part 1)
This evoked some kind of insouciance and wholesome curiosity to me. I can see/hear some connection with rocks and cliffs. I have no idea if this is what you want to hear, but I'd say this performance is more accessible than many of the bizarro musings you've submitted in other recitals. Whatever the case, I certainly enjoyed this cliff-shaped performance, and I agree that the old tape recorder sound gives it a rather charming quality.

08. Greener / Jeff - Piazzolla Tango, Medley
An enjoyably energetic tango performance! That Exorcist intro was surprising but amusing.

09. peterws - Mozart's 23rd k488 Intro
That opening is indeed quite wonderful. I enjoyed the boisterous momentum of this performance!

Nice Bach performance. I enjoyed both the relentless opening and the slower part that starts around 0:40. There's so much joy to be found in Bach's works and you do a good job of showcasing it.

Last edited by Calavera; 11/21/21 04:55 AM.
And thanks to everyone who listened and commented on my submission. laugh

Originally Posted by Sam S
14. Calavera - Legend of Mana medley The result of all that hard work was worth it, I hope? Sounds great! And you learned a lot in the process I bet.
Thanks Sam! I do feel like I learned something, but I don't think I'm going to do this again anytime soon.

Originally Posted by tyschoco

A very enjoyable listen! Good to hear some modern/game soundtrack pieces around here. I thoroughly enjoyed it and there really is nothing much to critique. Its nice and stable, you have the poly -rhythms well sorted out and your pedaling is very clean and you make the most of the instrument you have. Good work!
Thank you for your kind words, tyschoco! The rhythm is actually uneven in some parts, but I'm glad to hear that you found the pedalling clean, as I'm sometimes guilty of over-pedalling.

Originally Posted by Coati
I really enjoyed playing Secret of Mana when I was younger, and the music has stuck with me, though somehow I never ended up playing any of the other games in the series. I think I can hear the influence of some of the themes from that game still present here. Excellent job on the arrangement. Arranging seems like difficult work, and you've come up with something great here. It is performed beautifully as well.
Well looky here, someone who's familiar with the Mana franchise. Thanks for your comment, Coati! While Secret of Mana's soundtrack was composed by someone else (Kikuta), Shimomura may have drawn inspiration from his work. I can't be sure because I'm only familiar with Secret of Mana's main theme music, which is great. You should definitely give the orchestral version from the 'Symphonic Fantasies' concert a listen, if you haven't yet.

Originally Posted by KevinM
I always enjoy your contributions and this was no exception. It was definitely worth the effort and I appreciate it. Like you having limited time, having some taken away from actually practising at the piano is frustrating. I am impressed you were able to arrange this yourself.
Haha, 'arranging' might be stretching it. I only did some mixing and matching from existing arrangements, as well as some transcribing and customization work. Thanks for commenting, Kevin. It's nice to hear that the end result was worth it. I really want to make the most of what little quality time I have with the piano.

F
F
Some more:

Great work Kevin. I love how you are very articulate with the phrasing, getting the staccato and legato clearly.

12. JJHLH - Prelude in B major Op 27 No 2
Scriabin was a new composer for me that I hadn’t heard of before pianoforum. I do enjoy your wonderful version of it. It truly sounds imaginative, like in some sort of background music to a film noir. Very expressively played. And truly impressive with only 3 years experience.

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Preludes Op 11, Nos 9 & 17 Another Scriabin. And as always Ellen, you play it perfectly. Or your entries are really a delight to listen to.
Scriabins music sound like some sort of easy listening, not really romantic but neither really impressionism. I truly see this kind of music as background music to silent movie era.

19. Talao - Gnossienne No. 1 The Gnossiennes are harder than you think, the score seems easy enough and straight forward when only looking at the scores. Satie also had some odd way of describing how you should play it. “Lost” “as an afterthought” – and stuff like that.
You played it perfectly, but have you thought about his remarks? Can they be incorporated in some way?

20. winterflower - The Night is Too Long and So Deep
Lovely , and very melodic for an improvisation. Especially the first 1.30 minuts, as you said. Maybe worthy for a score of its own. Where as you come to the second part that slowly more and more feels like getting more and more lost. An escapism, a story.. Wonderful.

A
A
Thank you very much Coati, Serge88, KevinM, and MarieJ for your comments on my piece. I am very happy you enjoyed listening to it as much as I enjoyed learning it smile

Here some more comments from my side:

04. Sam S - Valse de l'adieu This was a lovely piece Sam, very atmospheric somehow, also a new one to me. You played it beautifully and added nice colors to every phrase. The recording quality is also outstanding. What an accomplishment that this is your 50th recital!! I agree with you, I hope they go on forever an ever. Thank you for making all this possible. I also noticed you have a really cool piano chair! I have never seen one of those but seems very handy for large practice sessions.

05. MarieJ - Berlin Song Lovely piece MarieJ and lovely played. It did well in relaxing me a bit and made me forget on some work duties that expect me this coming week :P A perfect piece for a Sunday afternoon listening session. Thank you very much for sharing some Einaudi with us.

06. wouter79 - Novelette, No17 This seems a very fun piece to play but it also sounds very challenging. Specially the arpeggiated figure in the right hand seems a hard one to get right, to keep it very nice legato but also piano. I liked how you take care of the score and follow the dynamics and articulation as written. You also put a lot of passion to the forte sections and made a very nice contrast to the piano part in the second half. As you mentioned, some sections still need some polishing but I think you are very well on track in case you are planning to keep working on this piece.

14. Calavera - Legend of Mana medley This piece sounded very grand (I do not now which other word to use). I am not surprised it has been orchestrated because it sounded very much like it. I could imagine different instruments taking turns and talking to each other through the themes. I have always been a fan of your submissions and your playing and this was no exception. They are always very polished and you showed a lot of passion through your playing. I cannot even imagine how much work it was to reconstruct the arrangement to your liking but I am sure you learned a lot from it. Awesome stuff smile

15. rwsavory - Les Barricades Mysterieuses Yeah some Couperin! I love his works and this one is no exception. It seems like a really cool challenge to take on. I think you are doing very well with this piece and I am sure the work over the past year has made you feel more confident when playing it. As a suggestion, I would encourage to keep an eye on the rhythm at the end of the main melody when the trill comes. I had the impression you tend to rush the end of the phrase, perhaps because of the trill. I would also try to play the ornaments more softly in certain passages, so they do not stick out too much. Adding a bit more of dynamic variation throughout the piece could also help you to polish it more. Well done smile

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Preludes Op 11, Nos 9 & 17 I am blown away by your playing Ellen! and not only in this recital. What a tasteful performance of these two preludes. I am a big Scriabin fan so listening such an amazing rendition of these two pieces puts me immediately in a good mood smile I admire your sense of tempo and tension. You know exactly when to release tension to make a phrase memorable but also to ensure the music keeps going. Your care to the score is also outstanding. I noticed how you added the small crescendos to your left hand accompaniment in No. 9, which made it very enjoyable. The end was gorgeous. Amazing, I am glad Scriabin grew on you smile

24. vte - Notturno Op 28 No 4 This seems like a very lovely piece from yet another composer I had never heard before. I think you played it beautifully with a lot of tenderness and nuance, which I think served very well the character of the piece. My only advice would be trying to record the sound of your Digital piano directly to the computer. I think it would improve the quality of your recording and will allow you identify bits that get lost because of the amps, specially in the bass. Great job smile

25. Purrblast - Invention in C Major (BWV 772) Great job with this invention! I think you did very good at playing with both voices and letting them talk to each other throughout the piece. I noticed towards the end you were delaying a bit the end of some phrases, which seemed to fit the mood of the piece. The end was a bit too forte for my taste, although I agree with making a big finale. Very nice playing smile

26. lilypad - The Great Pumpkin Waltz What a fun piece to add some variation to this recital. This was very nicely played and a fun listen. It felt like the kind of piece you would like to listen to on a cosy evening at home. Lovely.

34. sandalholme - 4 Mazurkas Op24 This was delightful sandalhome. What a beautiful submission. Very clean and expressive playing, with great exploration in terms of dynamics. This set of Mazurkas is probably my favorite one (followed closely by Op 17 and 33), and for my favorite two (no. 2 and no. 4) I think you did a splendid job. No. 4 was so full of ideas and nuances, you should be very proud of these recordings. Thank for being very inspirational for beginners like me smile Looking forward to more Mazurkas from you in the future, please keep us posted.

35. Serge88 - Air on the G string Great job with one of the classics! I think it has been years since I last listened to this piece played on a piano. The arrangement is gorgeous and your playing is very good. You added an emphasis to the melody when needed and the piece never felt stagnant, which I know can happen with this one. Very good job. I loved that your tiger is wearing a mask haha :P

36. tyschoco - Sonatina in F Major, Op 20 No 3 This was very impressive tyschocho! You should not sell yourself short in my opinion. It never sounded like you were losing control of the piece or like some parts were causing trouble for you. I loved the contrast in your playing across movements. Your articulation was on point, and I enjoyed a lot how you brought out some motifs on the left hand as well. In the first movement on the piano section you left the left hand sing and that was very good executed. The only suggestion I could think of while listening with the score concerns the third movement. After all the long right hand 16 note passages when the left hand rests, I had the impression that the transition to the next theme/motive when the left hand comes again could be played somehow smoother, like sort of preparing/indicating the arrival of the left hand. In overall, this was exquisite to listen to smile

44. selfishplayer - Variatio 8 from Goldberg Variations Cheers for taking on such a colossus work. I do not know if you are planning to learn it entirely. In any case, I think here you show you have very interesting ideas and have the notes under your fingers. I would just recommend to slower it down a bit and try to improve the clarity in the voices and that the rhythm in both hands remain consistent. Keep up the hard work :))

45. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Invention No. 8 In F Major, BWV 779 Great job with this one bSharp. I a sure you are seeing the piece with a different perspective now that your are revisiting it. I loved the playfulness of your playing and the energy that you put to the piece. I think the tempo is the right one to target an would not try to increase it. I can only suggest you to try to keep the tempo steady all the time. Towards the end you rushed a bit and around bars 17 you slowed down a bit. I would isolate those measures and work on them separately. I also have the impression that on bar 21 you are leaving out the last two 1/16 notes, which you do not do in the coming two bars when the motif is repeated. Very nice addition overall bSharp :))

46. Agrajag - Jesus bleibet meine Freude - BWV 147 First of all, welcome to the ABF recitals!! This is insane progress for less than a year of learning piano! I am amazed. This is a very nice arrangement and your playing was superb. Playing something this long and at the tempo you are doing it, recording it, and paying so much attention to dynamics and voicing is very very impressive for the amount of time you have been learning the instrument. Keep up the hard work! Would love to see a submission of you in the coming recitals.

Inspired adult beginner, melomaniac
M&H Model 50 (Dumbo), Kawai CA49. Previously: Sabel S123 (Tucan)
What I have been learning
PW Listening Party
C
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
C
I never thought Bach would be so well represented in the recital - perhaps great minds do think alike? 😄 (Just as well, in the Beginners Pieces Themed Recital I was so sure someone would play the Minuet in G, but no one did. It's unpredictable!)
At any rate, I want to say great job to all - I listened to the recital and I think everyone did just awesome! Please excuse my lack of courage to give specific comments, but your love for music and dedication to music making is an inspiration in more ways than one. Apart from getting acquainted to new music, it's also interesting to hear how different pianos sound, as captured by different recording methods. It's nice to know I'm not the only who makes nail clicking noises 😅. Anyway, I'm glad to be able to participate in the recital. It's great to have this opportunity to learn from and be inspired by one another.

A rising tide lifts all the boats
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
29 Flygbladet

Starts so slow and then . . .it all bursts into life. I played this many years ago but nowhere near as fluently as yourself. Great dynamics; surprisingly so, but if I may . . .in some places the LH could be a little more prominent, as in the 7 min mark, and earlier with the same phrase (just my opinion). You gave it your all, on a humble instrument. Spectacular! Well done you! Applause!

30 sma55

A really good sounding piece here one o' my favourite composers. I wondered when it was gonna get hard. i didn't have to wait for too long. I enjoyed this.

31 Thepianoplayer416

It's strange that so much good music is unavailable or had to get, for piano. My Mozart offering was the same; I too transcribed mine out from the orchestra and other bits.
It's good for the soul, you understand!
I enjoyed doing mine, aand certainly enjoyed listening to yours. Well Done!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
I
Ido Offline
I
Superb performances follow...

So beautiful! Wow... I listened to it several times. It gave me goosebumps.

Listened several times, beautiful performance. Very sweet and nostalgic sounding.

05. MarieJ - Berlin Song
I bet whoever shares the space with you enjoys your music. This performance has an ethereal feeling to it. Beautifully done, I've listened to it several times.

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Preludes Op 11, Nos 9 & 17
Beautiful harmonies in these pieces. The performance is so full of expression and emotion. This goes directly into my heart (and I never use these words smile ). Thank you Ellen! This is fantastic.

17. JB_PW (Jen) - Mermaid's Lullaby
A unique piece. Very musical playing, the way you manipulate time and dynamics is done in a very artistic way. Wow! You are an amazing pianist.

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
32 PavelK

Pleasant on the ears! An unconlicated silpe tune which must have been enjoyable to play; it etainly was to listen to.

33 Jamiecw

There seems to be many ways of playing this tune; whether the music makes things clear. You chose the easy listening relaxed style, which probably gives way to something more dynamic further into things.
Splendidnjob. seemed faultlessly played to me.

34 Sandleholme

First of all, that Bluthner sound alike seems a bit special, expensive quality. Some day i might achieve similar. But I doubt if i could ever match your style and expertise! Each to their own; don't really care for much Chopin, but I really like the second. I done that along time ago . . . .it sparkles. Great job!

35 Serge

Lovely! And you give it a firm yet gentle formal approach which I find soothing and so pleasant! Yet there seems a few wrong'uns amongst that lovely brew . . Very well executed!.
Splendid piano! Please tell us Pinaoteq aficinados what this is, and how you achieve that lovely sound.

You lot are getting too darned good . . . .See ya soon. Drinkie time! Bottoms up! (is it ok to say that still haha)

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission