2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
68 members (Belger1900, Animisha, AB99, bluebilly, 80k, beeboss, apianostudent, BMKE, 16 invisible), 4,101 guests, and 278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
OP Offline
Z
Hello
I’m looking for recommendations (or dis-) for this piano bench:
https://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_kb_87bp.htm
If you have any experience with it , I’ll be happy to hear about it (as a response to this thread or PM). Thank you !

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
Ubu Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I have it. I bought it about 2 or 3 years ago. Previously i had the cheap thomann model that comes with some bunches.

The cheap one is a little bit noisy when you lift it and sit ( i guess the word is sckuiq or something like that). The expensive one so far is totally silent. So good point on that.

I bought it mostly because of the cushion. The cheap one is so hard that my ass got pain. But the cushion on the expensive one is not much better. I end up buying a memory foam cushion. With that on top of the bench now i have no problem.

The overall build quality is just correct. No big problems but not super sturdy either. Sometimes it makes some sort of weird gobbling when i sit. It's really nothing that disturbs me from playing, but it indicates that this is not a top quality bench.

I don't know wether i would buy it again. I would probably go for a bench with metallic frame. But anyway this one does the job and i don't plann to change it.

If you want a bench that does the job this one will do it. But if you want a bench that you will love it, look for another one.

Z
OP Offline
Z
Thank you , Ubu, for the detailed review.
If you heard a recommendation for a superb bench (that doesn’t cost as a Steinway piano hopefully) - I will be glad to know about it.

T
Online Content
T
I bought one of these and have never had any regrets.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/andexinge..._484.htm?ref=mnfctr_tpprdcts_0_topseller

The reviews say it all. This bench is exceptionally well made.

It’s heavy, built like a tank, makes no noise and is one less thing to worry about while playing the piano.

Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
L
L
I think the Andexinger is the one I have. It came with my top tier piano, and it is great.

2000 Post Club Member
Online Content
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ubu
I bought it mostly because of the cushion. The cheap one is so hard that my ass got pain.

I have the cheap one plus a cushion that I bought separately. Works fine, and I saved a whole lot of money.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
A
A
Having tried a few benches, I managed to purchase a brand new Stagg PB85 BKP Leather Concert Piano Bench on ebay for around the price of the one you suggested. I would recommend spending a bit more as I purchased 4 benches and this one is definitely my favourite and it was noticably more comfortable than the rest.

Z
OP Offline
Z
Treefrog and LXXXVIIIdentes,
Is the Andexinger stool padded enough ?
Which model do you have - the 65 or 75 cm wide ?
Are the legs somehow padded so that it doesn’t scratch the floor when you move the stool when you move it while you sit on it ?

G
Online Content
G
ZigZagStory, I have the 75 cm wide model, it's wide enough for two, great for playing duets. I find it very comfortable. The legs are not padded, but the ends have plastic coverings. Adjusting height is very easy. I love it!

Last edited by Greta99; 11/09/21 03:02 PM.
L
L
Mine is the same as described in Greta99's message. It is so stable. I love it.

T
Online Content
T
Originally Posted by ZigZagStory
Treefrog and LXXXVIIIdentes,
Is the Andexinger stool padded enough ?
Which model do you have - the 65 or 75 cm wide ?
Are the legs somehow padded so that it doesn’t scratch the floor when you move the stool when you move it while you sit on it ?

I have the 75 cm with material covering. The padding will probably be down to personal taste but it’s perfect for me and I’ve never felt any fatigue even after playing for hours.
I used to have a cheap electric piano stool and the padding was so soft and had so much give that it was like sitting on the board below. The Andexinger has thick firm padding and after 2 years it still looks brand new.

I also like the fact that the seat padding is slightly sloped at the front which feels very natural.

Don’t practice until you get it right. Practice until you can’t get it wrong.
A
A
Been following the piano bench discussions here on PW for a while, since I'm in the market for a new bench. I finally decided on an Andexinger, since they overall seem to get very high user marks on most areas, like build quality, stability, no squeeking, comfort etc. I opted for the https://www.thomann.de/se/andexinger_486_s_piano_bench_leather_bk.htm which cost me just under USD 600.-, shipping to Sweden included. I'll let you know what it feels like soon as it arrives.

Stay safe everyone!

Last edited by Ajax69; 11/16/21 03:00 PM.

Peter
--------------------------------
Yamaha U1 / Kawai CS11 / Kawai MP-11SE / Kawai MP-7SE (Sold) / Hammond XK-3c / Vox Continental 73
Working on: PCA Beginner Course and
Tim Richards - Improvising Blues Piano
Z
OP Offline
Z
Looks amazing!
Unfortunately, too expensive for me at the moment.

Originally Posted by Ajax69
Been following the piano bench discussions here on PW for a while, since I'm in the market for a new bench. I finally decided on an Andexinger, since they overall seem to get very high user marks on most areas, like build quality, stability, no squeeking, comfort etc. I opted for the https://www.thomann.de/se/andexinger_486_s_piano_bench_leather_bk.htm which cost me just under USD 600.-, shipping to Sweden included. I'll let you know what it feels like soon as it arrives.

Stay safe everyone!

T
T
I thought I was the only one who used a 5 prong Drs stool but heard it is more prevalent than I thought . Very thick cushion and super adjustable. My teacher had me be sure it didn’t swivel because he wants me to behave like it is a bench-lean perpendicular and all that posturing.
New they are very pricey but Drs clinics are constantly upgrading and that how I got mine.

D
D
Bought one exactly like it on eBay for £30...solid as a rock and goes quite high...not much storage space though.

Piano Bench

Last edited by DaveTee; 11/22/21 08:11 AM.
A
A
After suffering for a few years with a cheap wooden bench that squeeked and groaned every time I moved, like a clipper beating up wind in a gale, I finally succumbed and bought a K&M 14085.

Great buy. Solid as a rock, but unfortunately it's about as firm as one too. I have a sheepskin thrown over it which makes it much more comfortable for a couple of hours.

I'd be a far better pianist if I spent the time I'm on this forum playing my piano instead.

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Learn to Burn!
by Dfrankjazz - 07/01/22 12:36 AM
Summer school in UK
by FarmGirl - 06/30/22 11:12 PM
Recommended tech in NYC?
by skern49 - 06/30/22 07:39 PM
UEFI / BIOS settings regarding CPU
by David Lai - 06/30/22 07:26 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!
FREE June Newsletter is Here!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
-------------------
Music Store Going Out of Business Sale!
---------------------
Mr. PianoWorld's Original Composition
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,757
Posts3,204,644
Members105,686
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission