2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
34 members (drewr, brennbaer, Almaviva, anamnesis, 7 invisible), 431 guests, and 295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
OP Offline
J
New from Studiologic. Looks interesting

Numa X Piano GT

link:
Studiologic Numa X Piano GT

Kawai MP7SE, Studiologic SL88 Grand
J
J
The new GT looks great but the the new Numa X Piano 73 looks to be the perfect gigging keyboard - only 11.7kg.
https://studiologic-music.com/products/numa_x_piano/
I like that it has its own sounds plus is easy to set up a midi controller with its combined USB midi/audio.
Looking forward to some reviews on this one.

Last edited by Jonky Ponky; 09/15/21 01:19 AM.
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Jonky Ponky
The new GT looks great but the the new Numa X Piano 73 looks to be the perfect gigging keyboard - only 11.7kg.
https://studiologic-music.com/products/numa_x_piano/
I like that it has its own sounds plus is easy to set up a midi controller with its combined USB midi/audio.
Looking forward to some reviews on this one.

Wow, indeed, that's a very tempting keyboard. I was gonna say "meh" because I already had and sold a SL73 which was great except for the overly heavy and sluggish TP100LR action and seeing the weight of the Numa X Piano I was sure it used TP100LR, however they say it's TP110 and they completely redesigned it and is "massively improved compared to TP100". If they managed to make it light and nimble feeling, then this is a winner and I'll purchase one for sure: having good sounds, as well as the ability to connect my iPhone and use the USB MIDI and audio interface to control external synth apps would be fantastic, similar to the Yamaha MODX which offers the same functionality but is a heck to program.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
_
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
_
GT - TP400 wood - also in a couple of Dexibells
73 and 88 - TP110 - probably a revision of the widespread TP 100.

First prices... https://orkestergraven.dk/shop/da/5...rice&orderway=desc&orderway=desc
... GT 1815€, 88 1412€, 73 1116€, not so inexpensive.
Though the Dexibell S9 has a higher price tag than the GT.

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
‘The side wood became a thin layer.’

‘The new white keys are more weighted and balanced.’

Wasn’t it ‘weight’ (too heavy) that people were complaining about? So why make the ‘new white keys more weighted’?

I’m also a little baffled about the admission that ‘the side wood became a thin layer’ because it implies that they are not using ‘solid’ wood but rather ‘side wooden layers’ (a la Roland).

Perhaps this was not a secret, that the keys are not solid wood (a la Yamaha), if so, I simply didn’t know.

Also, what’s with the ‘GrandTouch’? I thought this belonged to Yamaha.

Still, Studiologic seems to be making efforts to improve, or at least to make it appear so, and all things considered, they do give a lot of punch for the buck (audio interface, aftertouch, and light weight in a very compact & affordable design).

By the way, some people seem to have no problem with the action.

E
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Pete14
Perhaps this was not a secret, that the keys are not solid wood (a la Yamaha), if so, I simply didn’t know.

It was never a secret. Fatar was always open about the plastic/wood sandwich construction of the keys.

I think the Numa X GT Piano looks fantastic. Well worth looking at. If they've significantly improved the action on the 73 key version then that could be a very decent thing too.

C
C
I'm still hammering away on an old Studiologic SL-990 that's been through the wars. It's probably due for a replacement, and I'd be interested in trying new stuff from them if it were easier to do so down at the bottom of the world!

N
Online Content
N
This looks really good. I wish they had more demos of the new sound engine. It sounds nice from the very few videos out there but there' not much to go by.

I'm interested in the new TP110 action and how it has improved over the TP100.

The Numa X pianos look interesting on their own, but I'd like to see if this TP110 action makes it's way into the next generation Nord HP pianos.

On topic: the UI on the Numa X looks pretty clean and capable. The AP/EP modeling adjustments are welcome features. I wonder if the tone wheel and rotary emulations are good enough to get by on, as I do need them from time to time. We will have to wait for a few reviews to come out.

Price and weight are both rather attractive.

Pramberger PS-157, Roland RD800, Nord Stage 2EX 76HP
Wow , USB audio, built in sounds , mixer and so many interfaces to record music from other instruments, very interesting.

Roland RD 2000, Casio PX S3100, AKX10, iLoud MTM
VSL,Noire,Grandeur, BecDig,Ptq7.5,Rav275

and a lots of modelling

Roland RD 2000, Casio PX S3100, AKX10, iLoud MTM
VSL,Noire,Grandeur, BecDig,Ptq7.5,Rav275

N
Online Content
N
Several new in-depth videos were just posted by an Italian YouTube channel, showing off a lot of the piano sounds and features -- over an hour of content.

Luckily I remember a good deal of Italian, but even for those who don't understand I thought they might be interesting for those in the market. Of particular note perhaps are these. Most are a mix of acoustic pianos and other sounds, but still more than we've heard yet.

This video talks about the acoustic modelling with playing interspersed throughout:

This video is primarily about the action:

Note that the title says TP40Wood, but it's the TP400 Wood.

Haven't watched them all fully, but thought I'd share. There are a few more videos on their channel too that talk more about other features, but I figure these are the ones that'll matter the most to this forum.

I personally think the acoustic modelling sounds really good here -- the attack seems more authentic to me than Roland or pianoteq (I believe they've at least partially sampled the attacks?). But lots of reverb that makes it harder to tell. Don't care that much about the non piano instruments so can't opine too much on those. Still, i think it sounds better than DPs sans a VST or going into the 4,000+ price range.

Last edited by napilopez; 10/25/21 08:01 PM.
N
Online Content
N
About the actions, from what I could gather they just say the TP400 Wood is the best fatar action yet, and how they tried to simulate the forces and weights of a real grand with computer modelling software to create it. So hopefully it feels better, but it seems not too much new in all though.

The TP110 section is interesting as the action is even lighter in terms of overall weight than the TP100, with a completely redesigned hammer. The objective was to make it feel more like an acoustic piano than the TP100 despite the necessary compromises of the weight reduction.

There's some interesting technical discussion here that you don't usually get from company reps and that I'm not sure I'm understanding correctly (my last Italian lesson was in 2011 =], but I am fluent in Spanish so it helps a bit).

If I'm understanding correctly, They say they tried to make the TP110 feel more like an acoustic piano throughout the length of the key. One of the things they did was actually rotate the hammer weight orientation in order to better simulate the moment of inertia of an acoustic action, (which is an interesting more subtle thing that is less often talked about than just pivot points). A common complaint for the TP100 is that it's excessively heavy feeling, and they say the weights have been lightened and the hammer is a bit longer, so I hope this helps in that regard. The say the keys feel "much more" solid and firm than the TP100. They talk alot about the improvements to after touch too.

Of course these are studiologic folks, so I'm curious to hear what players have to say down the road.

P
Online Content
P
That was interesting because that is the ceo of fatar studio logic.

My translation from google was that the hammer is longer to better simulate the moment of inertia.

Interesting that the the tp400 wood is a polymer with wood properties with a thin veneer for looks

I would have loved to see a force curve comparison between a grand piano and the keyboard

It seems the same computer modeling was used in the design of the tp110 also

Very refreshing to see a good presentation from the manufacturer.

FP-90x, PX-330
J
OP Offline
J
The more videos I see the more I'm looking forward to try both of these 2 models (The GT model with the TP400 wood and regular Numa X Piano with the new TP110 keybed).

I bought both SL88 controllers (Grand and Studio) a few years ago. I needed one of each at 2 different locations. I couldn't get used to the TP100 keybed. I tried to convince me to like it but I just couldn't. I ended up selling it.

I still have the SL88 Grand with I like better though finding the action a bit heavy and tiring (TP40 wood). I read that the new TP-400 wood might be even heavier. frown But we'll have to try it before jumping into conclusions. I tried a Kurzweil with a TP-40L once which I simply adored. I wish an SL88 or the new Numa X Piano with this last keybed would be an option.

I like the overall shape and look of the Studiologic SL series and the new Numa X piano is using the same all metal casing which is winner in my opinion. They are compact for 88 keys keyboards. No bulky caps on both ends so they fit on the back seat of my Honda CRV without having to lower the seat backrests. This allow to have the full trunk for other things we need to carry. Stands etc...

Additionnally placing the modulation and pitch wheels (or joysticks) at the upper left corner as opposed to the left of the keyboard is what every stage pianos should be. The RD-2000 for instance is maybe 5 inches longer since Roland placed the joysick on the left. This is just my personal preference of course and some people would argue that having them on the left is the way to go.

The new Numa X Piano has a built-in audio interface like many of the recent stage pianos from Yamaha and Roland. (Maybe Korg as well). I still have a Yamaha MOX8 bought in 2011 that has one built in. This is SO convenient when playing VST instruments live. I use Apple Mainstage and all I need is one USB cable to transfer the midi and audio data from laptop.

My latest addition is the Kawai MP7SE. It has one of the best keybed one could buy. I adore it. The one thing I'm sad about the keyboard is that it doesn't have an integrated audio interface. I'm truly hoping that Kawai is going to address that in the next MP series models.

To comeback to the Studiologic Numa X Pianos I saw on their website that the company is going to release a program that will allow us to upload additional new sounds or manage the board sound memory like Nord keyboards. This is a very promising feature. Hopefully the internal memory isn't going to be a mere 256kb or 512kb so the user will have to replace existing sounds to make room for new ones. Please at least 2gigs or more will be better. Memory is cheap now.

I don't see anywhere if the format will be a proprietary one (probably will be) and if we will be able to import our own sounds in the piano memory.

From what I've seen so far it looks very promising and I might buy one after playing them to replace the SL88 Grand. Having built-in sounds and audio interface would be a very nice addition.

O
O
Hm does anyone think this action will be better than Mp11se? Grand feel. Starting to reconsider my order.

J
OP Offline
J
I don't think that the action will be better than the MP11SE. The MP11SE among all stage pianos is often quoted as one of the best if not the best "piano" action. The TP-40 Wood action in my SL88 for instance is a good one and l like it. (A bit too heavy to my liking though as mentioned in my previous post). It has a different feeling than the action on my MP7SE. For piano sounds, I prefer the MP7se action since it gives me more control and nuances. For electric piano and other sounds, the MP7se action is again very good but the TP-40 Wood action is a perfectly good action too. Piano and keyboard actions are a very personal taste, feeling, and choice. Some people love Fatar's actions while some just hate them. Go figure. smile We have to try them. Hope this helps.

O
O
Hi!

Have anyone tried these in real life? Very interested to hear about impressions.

Originally Posted by op299
Hi!

Have anyone tried these in real life? Very interested to hear about impressions.

+1

From what I read, the XGT has got the TP400W which is the same keybed mounted on VIVO S9, never played one of those but it apparently is the only slab provided with that specific keybed from FATAR, the reviews and the comments on youtube about the few vids available are good though...

Kawai CA97
Pianoteq 7 Pro
http://youtube.com/DavidIzquierdoAzzouz
A
A
Originally Posted by op299
Hi!

+1

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Shostakovich Second Waltz piano transcription..
by Petoskeyguy - 05/26/22 09:53 PM
Disklavier MKII : replace power supply?
by carlspost - 05/26/22 03:33 PM
Sight reading progress
by BlizzardPiano - 05/26/22 03:18 PM
13th Piano Composition Competition Fidelio (Extended!!)
by harmonium53 - 05/26/22 01:20 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,254
Posts3,194,757
Members105,376
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission