2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
66 members (anotherscott, Boboulus, Bruce In Philly, Animisha, Bostonmoores, brdwyguy, 16 invisible), 664 guests, and 413 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 161 of 166 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 165 166
F
F
Originally Posted by sim-on
Originally Posted by fr34k
I've also included the excessive undamped resonance issue now, since I'm now unable to work around that. I love the SK-EX sound but that's gotta go!

This has been bugging me for quite a while now. It's just so weird that no one at Kawai seems to hear this.
It's not like my hearing in the upper registers is particularly good or anything, the ringing just stands out so much.
They don’t need to hear it. An oscilloscope or a spectrum analyser is sufficient. I think I’ll Fourier-Transform a recording of the C‘s of the SK-EX, EX and SK-5 to show the piercing overtones. I’m curious how they compare…

G
G
Thanks! I hoped that it is a Feature not a bug :-).

Grrrrr. This is nightmare. I really waited with patience for that update.

Galuwen.

Last edited by Galuwen; 10/16/21 12:46 AM.
G
G
To be more precise: The store dedicated sound or recall last sound after switching off does not work anymore.

The sound store feature is still unusable (aside from capital letters and international language settings): You can not edit stored settings, no possibility to delete single settings (who programed that alone should from now on be punished by using this UI in his car :-P).

Galuwen

G
G
Originally Posted by Galuwen
And is this strange line with the blue distortion whilst booting normal or another bug??!
I think that’s the loading bar you can see when connecting the PR. It, however, is both: unnecessary and ugly. The animation doesn’t even work properly…

And the 100% switch off feature for back ground light still is missing.

G
Online Content
G
This proves once again that Kawai has no interest in fixing the problems with its highly flawed software. As long as there are buyers out there who continue to buy his defective pianos and are equally satisfied with them, for Kawai the problem is minimal.

And once again, this confirms that these pianos are not meant for professional users: 90% of these pianos will perhaps be intended for little students who will just turn on the piano and study exercises, completely ignoring all the features and related bugs.

There are relatively few advanced users using these pianos, so don't hope your problems will be solved. Kawai doesn't care, as long as it sells.

I wonder how it is possible, to wait a year and a half for an update, and when it is finally released, continue to have the same bugs AND PLUS it also adds a bug of uncontrolled blackening of the display (which was not there before). This is beyond shame. It goes beyond disdain for buyers.
It is beyond all possibilities of imagination.

And I don't dare to think that the additional features have other bugs as well (and that's very likely considering this whole story).

I admire fr34k for the dedication of dedicating his time to testing and checking the new software. It is something Kawai employees who are paid for it should do.
I, on the other hand, have lost my patience. When I saw the bugs still present, I turned off and closed the piano.

I keep thinking, after all the complaints that there have been, how it is possible to release, after a year and half, a new software with a bug that blackens the display while in use.
It is something beyond my comprehension. I can't find more adjectives to comment on this surreal situation.

Future buyers of CA79/99 AND NV5/10s, my advice is that you read all the pages of this thread very carefully before making your purchase. If you decide to buy, be aware of your choice, to avoid crying later.
Someone said that on the forums only those who have problems write and satisfied users (most of them) do not write.
Probably most of the satisfied users do not even have an idea of ​​the features and therefore of the bugs present. But if you, the reader, have made it this far on Pianoworld, you have probably searched the web for information on the pros and cons of these pianos, and then you are a wise buyer on how to spend your money.

Please read carefully all the pages of this thread: you can get a very precise idea of ​​what these pianos are, and how much attention Kawai devotes to solving the many problems.

F
F
I've noticed that the 40Hz frequency with D1# and D2# has been toned down a bit, such that the soundboard and speakers are not resonating anymore. I didn't add "fixed" since I have to test that a bit more, whether the sample has been updated or an EQ is applied.
Whatever the sound engineers did there, I absolutely love it! It still sounds luscious, rich and warm but the resonance buzz is gone. Now I've noticed (maybe it was already there) the same on C1# (D1b) only. The transducer for the mid-range frequencies goes a bit in overdrive there. If I dampen the effect by pressing my hand against the soundboard, it vanishes. I've tested this on about 75% volume. On 33% (third dot) it does not happen.

E
E
New annoyance:
I was able to get "Current"-settings working, by choosing "Power Off" then doing that once, and then powering back up again and then switching to "Current". Well, now, it ignores my settings for the piano completely. It always starts with SK-EX with default parameters. Can anyone confirm?

New annoyance:
The default SK-EX parameters have an incredibly annoying ringing around C5 with the SK-EX - definitely not present on the original acoustic! I could "turn it off" using Mellow1 and Mellow Lounge. That has now been "fixed". There is no parameter with which I can turn that off. The resonance of the upper registers physically cannot be that strong! Confirmation please...

Himmelherrgott nochamol, lass Vernunft und Einsicht regnen!

I confirm that they broke startup settings functional mad grin
Confirmation:

G
G
*deleted*

Last edited by Galuwen; 10/16/21 05:35 AM.
F
F
Originally Posted by Galuwen
The response and "precision of navigation" together with the fact that during scrolling values can be changed by error is far from an UI for professional use - and the CA line is called Concert Artist ;-).
That's not even hard to program: When scrolling is initiated, lock the parameters until the finger that initiated the scrolling has left the screen. That's one state variable and one line for updating it and one for checking it before changing settings. I reckon that may take an hour to implement, if you'd need to do it for each instrument and settings page separately. If done better such that all the screens are clustered in one screen class that's dynamically filled it's 5 minutes, tops.

F
F
I think I found the reason for the excessive ringing: It seems to not scale with the volume. At 80% vol the ringing is approximately the same volume as with 33% (my preferred volume). @sim-on: Since you're also known to hear it: try to stomp on the C4, C5 & C6 on very high volume and on rather low volumes. Can you also hear the ringing at approximately the same loudness?

F
F
Another rather funny bug:
If you start a sound demo from the PR and then disconnect via the touchscreen, you can play two sound demos simultaneously but you can only stop the demo by connecting the PR again, then selecting another sound demo and then stoping that. You cannot stop the playing from the touchscreen.

G
G
Another rather funny bug:
If you start a sound demo from the PR and then disconnect via the touchscreen, you can play two sound demos simultaneously but you can only stop the demo by connecting the PR again, then selecting another sound demo and then stoping that. You cannot stop the playing from the touchscreen.

The play and stop buttons are totally out of control as written 1 1/2 years ago. Wav player therefore is useless since release *face palm*.

Galuwen

J
Online Content
J
I’ve just installed the software update and also noticed the screen dimming as I’m using it.

I set the screen to dim after 30 seconds, but the system starts the timing as soon as you wake up the screen and not 30seconds after the last input. So if you’re still altering the settings after 30 seconds the screen dims and goes off.

This didn’t happen before the update.

Bizarre!

John

Kawai CA79
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Move the comment to the " - Kawai CA99/CA79/NV10S/NV5S software update ALPHA TESTERS thread. wink

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
G
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
G
While I've been quite impressed with how responsive Kawai is with fixing firmware bugs I have personally reported, I really think Kawai needs to make a sizable investment in their front end UI development team.
A lot of the bugs, inconsistencies, and UI anti-patterns are simply inexcusable in 2021.

Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11 || Kawai NV-10
S
S
I just wanted to thank Kawai for the latest software update.
I see a very clear difference, an overall improvement in terms of UI, sound, etc.
It's not perfect yet, but I really appreciate it.
It is a big step forward.
When you pay for a piano of this range (me the CA79) and the software is buggy, it's disappointing.

I find this update very encouraging, and I hope Kawai will invest even more in the software, in order to make the CA79 / CA99 truly perfect products.

G
Online Content
G
simonoche,

I appreciate your sense of irony.

S
S
Originally Posted by Gianluca
simonoche,

I appreciate your sense of irony.

In fact it is really sincere.
I appreciate this update, and wait for more.

T
T
I checked code changes quickly in frontend js/vue code and it looks it's pretty big change actually.

A
A
Originally Posted by simonoche
I appreciate this update, and wait for more.

The more you wait, the more I will appreciate your waiting.

Page 161 of 166 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 165 166

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
1908 Knabe?
by beginagain - 12/09/21 12:54 AM
Piano lid material?
by Davdoc - 12/09/21 12:49 AM
Thoughts on Technics PR903
by McBuster - 12/09/21 12:46 AM
Kawai VPC-1 or Roland A88 MKII (or FP30X)?
by detektorosradio - 12/08/21 06:03 PM
Birdcage Piano Tuner needed in Virginia
by zander35 - 12/08/21 04:45 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,465
Posts3,151,718
Members103,560
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission