2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
62 members (Animisha, aphexdisklavier, benkeys, 1200s, akse0435, AlkansBookcase, Alex Hutor, AndyOnThePiano2, amc252, 12 invisible), 1,868 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
After a few years og agony I got my new piano, bought in Germany and delivered to me in Sweden, it is 124 cm high including wheels.
I had a few brands and models which interested me including Yamaha, but I finally decided on this one:
https://www.thepiano.sg/piano/model/seiler-122-primus
It is waiting in my hallway and will soon be moved into place. I bought it without trying it, so it has been a nervous process, but I have played it a little standing in its box and it sounds promising.
It sounds very close to the youtube videos I used when choosing the brand and model, a bit crazy I know but I could not visit Germany before buying.
In a couple of days i will be able to play it 100%, I am rather nervous...

M
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
M
Is this one with the magnetic action? Those are supposed to be pretty cool.

S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hello, no it is not. I think it is only the biggest upright that can be had with magnetic action but I am not 100% sure.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your new Seiler upright piano!

I wish you many years of playing enjoyment with it!

Post pictures here when you can.

Rick

Piano enthusiast and amateur musician: "Treat others the way you would like to be treated". Yamaha C7. YouTube Channel
S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Rick! I will try to post pictures later on.

A
A
Congratulations on your new piano! Do post pictures when you are all set up! thumb

5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Congratulations on your new Seiler piano!

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.
In other words a hymn. That is all, but that is enough. tre corda

S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Adagiette and tre corda, tomorrow morning it is time to move it, the hallway is rather cramped so I hope the movers can handle it. It is a big piano for sure, on pictures it looks smaller. I am glad I did not go bigger, it might be the perfect size for my room.

M
M
Seiler Primus is a beautiful piano, congrats!
Please post pictures and maybe some recordings?

Ohne Musik wäre das Leben ein Irrtum.
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Congrats! Beautiful piano.

Gary
M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Congratulations. So incredibly happy with my Seiler delivered a month ago. Don't know about Europe, but they're not well known in the U.S. My tuner, who has 40+ years experience, and has tuned for some artists many here and elsewhere would recognize, told me the pin block is among the most sensitive yet steady he's seen. He said, "whatever you do, whether you use me again or not [I most definitely will, he tunes by ear and it's dead on], don't ever let some hack touch it." He was also impressed by the damper system, which is something I also noticed upon playing it the first time. This may sound weird, but I've taken to playing barefoot to savor every nuance. It's like being an oil painter with a full palette to play with.

Seiler SE-186
S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks MHirsch and Plowboy. Nice to hear that you are pleased, MrSh4nkly. Seiler is not a very well known brand like Yamaha or Steinway in Europe, a few years ago I was not aware of it. They seem to keep a low profile.
In my country few people know the brand, but tuners and such seem to know it quite well.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
Originally Posted by Starre
...tuners and such seem to know it quite well.
Nice to know, thanks.

Seiler SE-186
S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
The piano was successfully moved into place this early morning at 7.00 am, the movers were careful and understanding but I had to help them. At first in the morning I thought it sounded a bit sharp and brittle so I went to work with a question mark.
When I got home one hour ago it sounded better, this is really a beast of a piano. It sounds very powerful and has a little heavier keyboard than medium I think, but I come from a digital piano and is used to that so I have to adapt.
It is beautiful and the perfect size for my room, even the mover guys thought it was a good placement and fit. I bought an air dehumidifier today to help the very humid weather we have here at the moment, I really want to take care of it.

Last edited by Starre; 10/11/21 11:37 AM.
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
Climate control is a good idea as it keeps the piano healthy. Yes you will have quite an adjustment moving from a digital piano to an upright accoustic.Perhaps you may feel you cannot play softly for example.All this will be part of the adjustment. Learning to play loudly or softly on an accoustic piano will be part of your musical journey.The piano will take time to settle down.New pianos will often need several tunings a year and perhaps some occasional touch up voicing in the treble.

It would be great to see a picture of your actual piano.

My piano's voice is my voice to God and the great unknown universe, and to those I love.
In other words a hymn. That is all, but that is enough. tre corda

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
...I come from a digital piano and is used to that so I have to adapt.
I started with a digital hammer action keyboard this summer after a 30-year layoff from an acoustic upbringing. It took about two weeks to build up from the digital to the action on the acoustic I got a month ago. Trills and other ornaments are taking longer, but this was expected.
It sounds very powerful and has a little heavier keyboard than medium I think....
Same with my Seiler. Glad that's the case, so as to not be surprised by heavier action if asked to play elsewhere. Our technique will adapt with lots of practice, and we'll be able to play anywhere.

Seiler SE-186
S
Starre Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I looked inside the piano and you can easily see why this is a rather expensive instrument, it looks very nice and certainly better than a Kawai K serie or Yamaha U serie.

M
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
M
I looked inside the piano and you can easily see why this is a rather expensive instrument, it looks very nice and certainly better than a Kawai K serie or Yamaha U serie.

Seiler at work (3-part series):

Last edited by MrSh4nkly; 10/12/21 12:00 PM.

Seiler SE-186
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
MrSh4kly
Congratulations on your Seiler as well.Perhaps if you post some photos of your grand,Starre will do the same.Thanks for the video of the Seiler factory.I do wonder how old the video is
though.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
PW Gold Subscriber
S
Originally Posted by tre corda
MrSh4kly
Congratulations on your Seiler as well.Perhaps if you post some photos of your grand,Starre will do the same.Thanks for the video of the Seiler factory.I do wonder how old the video is
though.

2012 per You tube video data

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Gombessa, Piano World, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,248
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission