2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
53 members (chopin_r_us, brennbaer, clothearednincompo, antune, Alfred La Fleur, CraiginNZ, Cutec, Carey, ALEXANDER DYKER, 6 invisible), 493 guests, and 440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Niwes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Schönen guten Tag,

ich bin seit kurzem stolzer Besitzer eines 5 Jahre alten Kawai ES 8, Sound und Tastatur einfach Top.
Allerdings Knacken das tiefste H und C da unter ihnen zwei längliche schwarze Plastikstückchen liegen, Herkunft unbekannt.
Die Abdeckung vorne unter den Tasten habe ich schon abgeschraubt, in der Hoffnung die Stücke einfach rausnehmen zu können.
Klappt leider nicht und nun die Frage ob ich, um an bzw. unter die Tasten zu kommen, das Piano wirklich von unten aufschrauben und das Soundboard entfernen muss (hab das so auf Youtube gefunden)
oder ob das auch irgendwie einfacher geht.

Danke schonmal für eure Zeit.

Gruß Niko

Last edited by Niwes; 09/15/21 11:52 AM.
G
G
This is an international board, please write in english...
Don't expect anyone to answer. There are only few germans here.

Yes, I could translate, but it's not my job...
You should at least use the google translator.

keep calm and play the piano :-)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Niwes
Schönen guten Tag,

ich bin seit kurzem stolzer Besitzer eines 5 Jahre alten Kawai ES 8, Sound und Tastatur einfach Top.
Allerdings Knacken das tiefste H und C da unter ihnen zwei längliche schwarze Plastikstückchen liegen, Herkunft unbekannt.
Die Abdeckung vorne unter den Tasten habe ich schon abgeschraubt, in der Hoffnung die Stücke einfach rausnehmen zu können.
Klappt leider nicht und nun die Frage ob ich, um an bzw. unter die Tasten zu kommen, das Piano wirklich von unten aufschrauben und das Soundboard entfernen muss (hab das so auf Youtube gefunden)
oder ob das auch irgendwie einfacher geht.

Danke schonmal für eure Zeit.

Gruß Niko

Niwes, please allow me to take a virtual whack at translating your maiden post here-

Good day
Guten Tag

‘I have recently become the proud owner of a 5 year old Kawai ES 8, sound and keyboard are simply great.
However, the lowest H and C crack because under them there are two elongated black pieces of plastic, origin unknown.
I've already unscrewed the cover at the front under the keys, hoping to be able to easily remove the pieces.
Unfortunately it doesn't work and now the question is whether I really have to unscrew the piano from below and remove the soundboard in order to get to or under the keys (I found it on Youtube)
or whether it is somehow easier.’

Willkommen to PW and bitte ... i think 😉

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
N
Niwes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thank you very much!

Next time i will post in english. I just forgot thats not a German forum, Im sorry.

9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Niwes
Thank you very much!

Next time i will post in english. I just forgot thats not a German forum, Im sorry.

You don't have to apologise. If some appear rude here, just give back as good as you get. It can soon get very interesting before the Punishers step in and spoil it all . . ..
Welcome!

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
W
W
Originally Posted by Georg Z.
This is an international board, please write in english...
Don't expect anyone to answer. There are only few germans here.

Yes, I could translate, but it's not my job...
You should at least use the google translator.

I am not quite sure that English is the official language of humanity.

Please remember that the official diplomatic languages are French, Spanish and Italian.

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by WTF Bach

English was declared the official language of humanity on 1/1/2020, but that does not give us a license to brag.

I suppose French, Spanish, and Italian are worthy languages, too. wink

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Actually, there are probably quite a few of the regular posters who can read German (if not necessarily write it correctly); German is widely taught (at least I believe so) in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, the Nordics, and Benelux. Lots of regular PW'ers come from these countries.

Of course, many MORE PW'ers are fluent in English, so that is clearly the language more likely to engender helpful answers.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
_
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
_

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
No! Don't use a rubber eraser to clean the contacts! That's the LAST place you want debris!
Instead just use a lint-free cloth with a bit of alcohol.

@Niwes: If it's possible to get the service manual, do so.
I know that Yamaha manuals provide very detailed instructions concerning disassembly. Very helpful.
I presume that Kawai manuals are, too.

And now here's something you'll really like ...

Translation results
Nein! Verwenden Sie zum Reinigen der Kontakte keinen Radiergummi! Das ist der LETZTE Ort, an dem Sie Schutt haben wollen!
Verwenden Sie stattdessen einfach ein fusselfreies Tuch mit etwas Alkohol.

@Niwes: Wenn es möglich ist, das Servicehandbuch zu erhalten, tun Sie dies.
Ich weiß, dass Yamaha-Handbücher sehr detaillierte Anweisungen zur Demontage enthalten. Sehr hilfreich.
Ich nehme an, dass Kawai-Handbücher auch sind.

_
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
_
I've posted the links for the disassembly instructions, not contacts cleaning.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member

Please remember that the official diplomatic languages are French, Spanish and Italian.

This is nice to know info of which i was not previously aware; thank you! .....if now i could only remember the 4 years of required Spanish classes from ..... oh dear, 47 years ago ..... i could maybe better comprendo diplomats’ loco en la cabeza lingo ..... but i think i’d rather better understand what’s in a name, like WTF Bach? 🙂 Anyway, as an American of course i mostly know one language - American English - plus 25+ years in-the-field experience with Pittsburgh’ese to include Low Pittsburgh’ese - South Side.

It’s easy to believe that, globally, official diplomats and points of view therein are pretty much one and the same as official humanists’ points of view but, personally, i do not / would not equate humanists as one and the same with the interests of humanity .... more likely diametrically opposed.

Does anyone understand “ However, the lowest H and C crack because under them there are two elongated black pieces of plastic, origin unknown.” ?

- Roland HP-508
M
M
Originally Posted by drewr
Does anyone understand “ However, the lowest H and C crack because under them there are two elongated black pieces of plastic, origin unknown.” ?

Pressing the lowest B key (in German speaking countries, the note B is called H) and the lowest C key generates a cracking sound, reason see above.

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
Not anymore.
Wiki says:
English has replaced French as the lingua franca of diplomacy since World War II.
The rise of English in diplomacy began in 1919, in the aftermath of World War I, when the Treaty of Versailles was written in English as well as in French, the dominant language used in diplomacy at that time.

B
Online Content
B
I fear we all should start learning chinese... frown

P
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Not anymore.
Wiki says:
English has replaced French as the lingua franca of diplomacy since World War II.
The rise of English in diplomacy began in 1919, in the aftermath of World War I, when the Treaty of Versailles was written in English as well as in French, the dominant language used in diplomacy at that time.

Mac, I noticed that your source, Mr. Wiki, forgot to mention a crucial bit of information.

Yes, English did replace French ‘as the lingua franca of diplomacy since World War II’, but as of 2020 English was also declared the official language of humanity. wink

Perhaps you should rendezvous with one Mr. Wiki for further clarification. I am certain he simply forgot to mention this. We all make mistakes.

Incidentally, the USA is the center of the universe (in case anyone was wondering); this has been scientifically proven by the greatest scientific minds of the world (yes, these scientists are American, too). I apologize to other countries if it seems like I’m bragging; which I am not! grin

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Pete14
Incidentally, the USA is the center of the universe (in case anyone was wondering); this has been scientifically proven by the greatest scientific minds of the world (yes, these scientists are American, too).

Are we sure that they are American? They might have gravitated there from elsewhere.

Roland FP-30, Roland E-28
Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.0 (Blüthner, Bechstein DG, Grotrian, Steinway D, K2)
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
If forced to learn Chinese, at least i’ll be better able to read Yami’s technical manuals..... pre-gravitation, likely German by origin, from where many of the best minds came.... which gets back OT 🙂

- Roland HP-508
N
Niwes Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello,

thanks for your suggestions, the Youtube video above is the one I already saw, and i thought thats way too difficult to do.
Anyway I opened the cover on the front again and managed to remove the little plastic part which were stuck under the Keys.

Heres a picture of it: https://ibb.co/GsDDkdJ

Maybe someone can tell me where this is from, it looks like the elements right unter the keys at the front, but there is none of them missing.

Im suprised about the many nice feedback thank you!

So ... with that errant black plastic part removed, does the piano now function correctly?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Brand new vs very old and used grand
by CyberGene - 09/22/21 03:34 AM
Fingering help
by DJmeurer - 09/22/21 12:52 AM
Stories from behind the piano
by PhilipInChina - 09/21/21 10:30 PM
Tweaking Solo Piano ???
by DigitalMusicProduc - 09/21/21 06:32 PM
FP10 - speaker question
by Sunnek - 09/21/21 06:14 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics209,230
Posts3,134,181
Members102,797
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission