2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
53 members (Chris B, Cheeeeee, Carey, CharlesXX, Aleks_MG, accordeur, brdwyguy, 10 invisible), 2,009 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by propianist
Maybe it's time to ask for some financial compensation in return for the excessive delay... maybe £50 off for every month overdue...? Or else you'll cancel the order and shop elsewhere.

Good luck with that! When demand is high and supply is low, prices tend to go higher, not lower. Although, in a world with negative interest rates and MMT, I guess anything is possible...

Also, I don't know why you want to punish the dealers. They are the true victims here, as while they have little product to sell, and so very little money coming in, they still have to pay salaries and keep the lights on.

As for 'shopping elsewhere', well, good luck with that, too! smile

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
I waited 6 months for a guitar amplifier, and have been waiting almost 6 months for a warranty replacement guitar. I also have to wait 2 months for a back-ordered cam chain tensioner for my motorcycle.

The pandemic not only affects people but also the delivery of goods across borders.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
It looks like there are two choices:
1. Buy now and wait a long time for delivery.
2. Buy later when merchandise is in stock and take immediate delivery.
Either way you have to wait. But with option 2 the money remains in your pocket.

I
OP Offline
I
Well I was not so lucky.

Whole speaker unit needs replaced on my ca99.

Last edited by InspiredByKawai; 07/30/21 08:16 PM.
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
It's only been a month that I have been waiting for ES520, but it feels like six.

<writing this so I can say "I got it delivered right after I complained it was taking too long on PW.">

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP
https://soundcloud.com/pete36251
R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by InspiredByKawai
Hi all

I ordered a kawai ca99 on Jan 14th, with a promised delivery of May, this was delayed to June 14th and today my dealer said I'm now looking at late July - early August

This will mean I've waited potentially 8 months on my purchase.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

I've been pretty vocal about my grievances with the music shop but the one to blame here is Kawai.

When my dealer asked Kawai for clarification as to why I'll now be waiting 5-7 weeks longer on it they responded with a vague excuse saying "when we give an estimated delivery date it is not confirmed" essentially they have no idea why I have to wait 5-7 weeks more.

Not even got the piano yet and already I'm left with a sour taste in my mouth with this company, maybe I'll need to change my username?

It might be because of a lack of electronic components.
Otherwise, I always wait that long until my piano thaws up in the spring.

Will do some R&B for a while. Give the classical a break.
You can spend the rest of your life looking for music on a sheet of paper. You'll never find it, because it just ain't there. - Me Myself
W
W
I notice the ca99 is in stock at gear for music with delivery 24th-27thAugust

Tyr Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I got my MP11SE 7 or 8 days after placing the order while everything else is out of stock.

Last edited by Tyr; 08/19/21 09:45 AM.

Kawai: NV5 | Yamaha: CLP-745R
Pianoteq 7 Pro | Garritan CFX Full | Vienna Imperial | Keyscape Full | Ravenscroft 275 - Modern U - Model D - AG | Minigrand | The Oeser
Two years ago as I was planning for retirement I anticipated buying a hybrid.

I tried the Novus and loved it. But I was still nearly two years from retirement ... no hurry.
Some months later I wanted to try an N1X. But 'rona set in. No go.

I finally retired last autumn and I tried an N3X in my new location. Very nice, but too expensive.
The N1X was not available. Wait, wait, wait.

So ... yesterday I ordered a Godot piano. I'm now waiting for Godot ...

R
R
I ordered a Yamaha CVP-805 in June (just before the price increase) and was quoted September for a delivery.

I'm not impressed that there's no order tracking available - (I have some experience of logistics and the consignment should be trackable, at least it definitely was before Covid broke everything),
but the retailer told me they won't have any more certain of a date until they get notified that it's in the warehouse.

Really hope it's not going to be 6 months

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
.... about logistics ...... there is probably more going on than what most of us average people know or suspect regarding actual, manufactured inventory having begun the circuitous trek en route between originating factory on one continent and final destination on same or some other continent ..... i’m only among those waiting more than 6 months to try-before-buying ..... which makes it easier to wonder if anyone in the world with eyes on here can attest that there are DP factories somewhere turning out newly manufactured DPs? .... its an easy assumption to make, but .... just saying, its nearly impossible to know how much global unrest is impacting DP “supply chain” when it has been said for many months that this unrest has been severely disrupting the daily lives - with far more important concerns, like survival - of literally millions to billions of individuals worldwide ..... in a less serious light, this might be somewhat like the starving Al Bundy anxiously staring out front door awaiting ..... and drooling and awaiting the pizza delivery guy ..... unaware that there WAS no actual pizza en route to him.

Last edited by drewr; 08/20/21 12:43 PM.

- Kawai MP7 and LSR308 monitors
- Roland HP-508
- DT770 Pro-80 and MDR-7506 phones
M
M
I feel your pain.

I ordered a Kawai ES920 in early December 2020 and like you was told it would be weeks before the "new arrival" date. Well, I waited until mid-June of 2021 before it actually was in my possession. The company (Musician's friend) was kind of enough to expediate the piano to overnight shipping instead of the snail-mail. While MF couldn't do anything other than wait, you really can't be mad at your dealer because of the high demand and/or shipping issues. You have to remember, (not to bring politicis in to this) but our president (if i'm not mistaken) had something to do with the tariffs? For my situation it was the Suez Canal Blockage that backed everything up for months.
Needless to say, I am very happy that I received it.
I would say, just hang in there.

M
M
Originally Posted by drewr
.... about logistics ...... there is probably more going on than what most of us average people know or suspect

There is only so much I can say about this issue, and I am sure it is more or less representative of many industries. We have been in task force mode for over a year now regarding the Corona-related supply problem. The shortage started with simple capacitors and even plastics (never experienced before - we were "on the road" for several months, worldwide, to organise a few tons here, a few tons there for our Tier1 and Tier2 to 3 - crazy situation). All the way to microcontrollers and processors. As soon as one gap was closed, the next one opened. The situation is now easing slightly, but unfortunately there is no end in sight. In order to remain capable of acting in the medium to long term, redesigns are being made to enable multi-sourcing. This is a very big challenge in order to guarantee the customer functions and all other boundary conditions (these are much more and harder than with CE devices such as digital pianos). All the way to the production process and its audits at our Tier(x).

Kind regards,
MBiG

Last edited by MBiG; 08/20/21 01:20 PM.

Analogue: Sauter - Hohner - Solton; Digital: Casio - Yamaha;
(A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush)
My take on this: Don't buy a piano now. If a dealer cannot deliver quickly (regardless of fault), then what value is he adding to the deal?

Under ordinary circumstances a retailer offers:
1. Floor models to examine and try (but obviously, MF cannot offer this)
2. Immediate availability
3. Quick delivery
4. Proper setup

If the dealer cannot offer me these things of value, then I don't think he deserves much profit. What is he offering over what the manufacturer has created?

As for me ... I just won't buy right now.
If I have to wait many months for availability then I see no reason to order a piano.
I might as well just wait until stock returns to normal levels ... and keep the money in my pocket in the meantime.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
It looks like there are two choices:
1. Buy now and wait a long time for delivery.
2. Buy later when merchandise is in stock and take immediate delivery.
Either way you have to wait. But with option 2 the money remains in your pocket.

Actually, I bought from Thomann and they didn't take my money until the goods had been delivered to their shop. The wait was a good thing, because I added headphones (and didn't need to pay for shipping which I would have if I had bought them separately) and I changed the stand from an expensive one to a cheaper one. I also had the possibility to cancel.
If you buy a popular piano, the risk is that once a couple of them finally arrive at the shop, they are already sold to other customers, and they are shipped immediately to them, and you still have no new piano.

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
S
S
Still waiting for my NV5 ordered back in May 2021. No words from Kawai, and my dealer says he doesn’t know when it will arrive…

Adult piano learner. Started in March 2020.
FP-30 -> NU1X
Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/user/ziobert
K
K
Spoke with a NSW Australia dealer today. I am interested in playing:

Yamaha 735
Yamaha 745

Roland hp704
Roland LX705

Kawai CA59
Kawai CA79

As I understood our conversation, the 735 and HP704 are on the floor for me to try. The 745 and LX705 aren't. Possibly after the first of the year. The Kawai 59/79 would not be available for (at least) 3-6 months. They do have an ebony Kawai 99 for me to test and buy but that is outside my price range. (And even if I stretched my budget, it sounds like there are many problems with it?)

My KDP80 is failing quickly (clicking keys and wonky pedal) but I'm just going to have to be patient. (Not typically my strong suit!).

Started lessons January 2020.
As of this morning (Eastern U.S. time), Sweetwater has 7 VPC1's and 5 MP7SE's. Prices are the same as before, no price increases (yet).

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
I
OP Offline
I
I've received two ca99s and both have broken speakers and key noises. I was assured kawai would quality test it when it arrived in UK to make sure no faults. At this point I'd just say avoid ca99 altogether unless youre prepared to wait a few months for technician to replace parts that will inevitably be broken on arrival.

It really is a fantastic sounding piano when it works perfectly!

Last edited by InspiredByKawai; 11/10/21 11:39 AM.
M
M
6 weeks ago all my trusted retailers' websites told me that the VPC-1 is out of stock until next year. I bought the only remaining one from a newer (smaller?) retailer. It's currently in repairs. Never worked since I got it. A week ago Thomann started to have those pieces back in stock.... :smashing my head against the wall:

Last edited by Marc345; 11/12/21 08:05 PM.

HW: MP11SE, Touche SE (+Arturia Keylab Ess. 88, Akai MPK249, in reserve: GEM Promega 3)
SW: Garritan CFX, Ravenscroft 275, Modern U, Noire, Absolute 5, Acousticsamples B5
Pics: https://imgur.com/a/GZgdFm3
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission