2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
57 members (Brendan, AndreaH, bwv872, BillS728, accordeur, 36251, 12 invisible), 602 guests, and 338 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
With all due respect, unless the music isn't opening correctly on my desktop, I'd suggest binning this piece and find music that is properly written. It looks confusing to an experienced eye, let a lone a beginner's.

(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by ManishP
... but always end up playing both chord and melody together, rather than moving my left hand to Bb slightly before RH play. And of course, I do want to build skill of moving faster to Bb, but it is not happening. I guess it just needs more practice?

No .... that is not what it needs.

From previous posts by you I see a pattern of questions indicating you are trying to play various tunes or pieces of tunes without building a base of piano playing skills.

You need to start with a method book and learn to play simple tunes and play them exactly on time and with the basic rhythms presented on each tune.

You haven't done this.

You have skipped through material without every gaining mastery of the skills along the way.

That won't work and you are wasting your time with that approach.

You say teachers are not working out.

Well, that might be because you are too impatient and want to move through things too fast.

I would suggest you try a teacher and make the decision to do what the teacher tells you to do to the best of your ability until you can actually do it.

Don't supplement it with other things you find here and there.

Just do the things your teacher picks out or you and your teacher pick out together.

That is your ticket to success.

Good Luck

Don

Kawai MP7SE, On Stage KS7350 keyboard stand, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
I don't understand the others here. Why is this piece too hard for a beginner? And what is so confusing about it? It looks fairly straightforward to me, at least the section the OP has linked.

OP -- Practice the left hand alone, and count while you play: 123-123-12. That is the recurring rhythm, dotted quaver, dotted quaver, quaver. Once you have that down, figure out the melody relative to the chords. Voila.

Z
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Z
This is a pretty standard modern beat and the chords don't need much legato.

Listen to the rhythm on the Van Morrison (Them) cover of Dylan's It's All over Now, Baby Blue.

Practise only the RH notes that occur with the LH chords and treat the whole as four-note chords. Add the missing RH notes when you've got the rhythm but don't try to be too mathematical in their placement. The rhythm can use a little lilt. You might even sing the tune first while you're playing.

Last edited by zrtf90; 07/21/21 06:01 PM. Reason: Edit: Van Morrison was with Them, not Bread.

Richard
M
ManishP Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I attempted moving LH to Bb a bit before playing RH, and to an extent I have been successful. I also practice various exercises along with playing music pieces I like - scales, left hand - right hand together, separately, and others.

Wish I had started earlier!
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ranjit
I don't understand the others here. Why is this piece too hard for a beginner? And what is so confusing about it? It looks fairly straightforward to me, at least the section the OP has linked.

OP -- Practice the left hand alone, and count while you play: 123-123-12. That is the recurring rhythm, dotted quaver, dotted quaver, quaver. Once you have that down, figure out the melody relative to the chords. Voila.
Except that this is completely wrong.

The time signature is 4/4. You have to feel it that way (1 2 3 4, strong weak medium weak). You can't just count any way you like. The second chord comes on the "and" of the second beat and it's supposed to be written with a tied note to the third beat (and it's supposed to be felt that way).

R
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft

The time signature is 4/4. You have to feel it that way (1 2 3 4, strong weak medium weak). You can't just count any way you like. The second chord comes on the "and" of the second beat and it's supposed to be written with a tied note to the third beat (and it's supposed to be felt that way).
How are you so sure? Is it just textbook knowledge of time signatures, or are you talking about it in the context of the actual arrangement (supposedly in a pop style)?

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by ranjit
Originally Posted by Qazsedcft

How are you so sure? Is it just textbook knowledge of time signatures, or are you talking about it in the context of the actual arrangement (supposedly in a pop style)?

The OP confirmed it was in 4/4 and, like I mentioned earlier, it's a popular bossa-type rhythmic pattern. That said the arrangement has typos and is not a professional transcription - which is why I'd discard it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
Piano Buyer - Read the Articles, Explore the website
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
does anyone know how tall richter was
by pablobear - 05/25/22 08:17 PM
Best piano app for android
by Kihar - 05/25/22 12:54 PM
I left my piano school today
by Animisha - 05/25/22 12:33 PM
Drummer need suggestion for piano style
by Wundebober - 05/25/22 12:08 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics213,235
Posts3,194,506
Members105,373
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission