2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
82 members (An Old Square, Bebe1980, Abdol, butchkoch, andrewlapp, brdwyguy, 36251, 22 invisible), 1,159 guests, and 456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Today I celebrate 6 months learning piano! My progress has slowed down these past months due to work, but I am still committed and practicing every day. Finding the time for recording myself is hard, though!

Here are some pieces I've worked on since last time!

1. Morning (Peer Gynt suite no. 1) (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube
2. When the Saints go Marching in (learn & master piano) soundcloud
3. Musette (from the notebook of Anna Magdalena Bach) (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube (now in the right tempo too!)
4. Half-time Band (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube
5. Theme by Mozart (Sonata in A major transposed to G major) (PA book 1) youtube
6. Greensleeves (PA book 1) youtube
7. Egyptian Ballet Dance, Camille Saint-Saëns (faber's studio selections level 2A) youtube
8. Old German Dance, Michael Praetorius (Keith Snell essential piano repertoire prep grade)
9. Two Marches, Daniel Gottlob Türk (Keith Snell essential piano repertoire prep grade)
10. Yakety Yak, The Coasters (faber's studio selections level 2A) youtube
11. River Visla (russian school of piano playing book 1a) youtube
12. Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley youtube
13. Our Land, Kabalevsky (russian school of piano book 1a) youtube
14. Bella Ciao (flowkey’s easy arrangement) youtube
15. Can-Can, Offenbach (faber PA book 1) youtube
16. Un Bel Di, from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly (my teacher’s arrangement) youtube

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Originally Posted by Maira713
Today I celebrate 6 months learning piano! My progress has slowed down these past months due to work, but I am still committed and practicing every day. Finding the time for recording myself is hard, though!

Here are some pieces I've worked on since last time!

1. Morning (Peer Gynt suite no. 1) (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube
2. When the Saints go Marching in (learn & master piano) soundcloud
3. Musette (from the notebook of Anna Magdalena Bach) (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube (now in the right tempo too!)
4. Half-time Band (PA book 1) soundcloud | youtube
5. Theme by Mozart (Sonata in A major transposed to G major) (PA book 1) youtube
6. Greensleeves (PA book 1) youtube
7. Egyptian Ballet Dance, Camille Saint-Saëns (faber's studio selections level 2A) youtube
8. Old German Dance, Michael Praetorius (Keith Snell essential piano repertoire prep grade)
9. Two Marches, Daniel Gottlob Türk (Keith Snell essential piano repertoire prep grade)
10. Yakety Yak, The Coasters (faber's studio selections level 2A) youtube
11. River Visla (russian school of piano playing book 1a) youtube
12. Can't Help Falling in Love, Elvis Presley youtube
13. Our Land, Kabalevsky (russian school of piano book 1a) youtube
14. Bella Ciao (flowkey’s easy arrangement) youtube
15. Can-Can, Offenbach (faber PA book 1) youtube
16. Un Bel Di, from Puccini’s Madame Butterfly (my teacher’s arrangement) youtube

Great work. You play as if you have been playing way longer than 6 months. I enjoyed your version of Can't help falling in love by Elvis.

Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Maira
Great job with a wide variety of music! You should be pleased😊. I didn’t listen to all of them, but two of my favorites were Bella Ciao and Yakety Yack.

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
A
A
Originally Posted by Greta99
26) Wynn-Anne Rossi, Vals Peruano ("Música Latina", Bk 2) (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
27) Wynn-Anne Rossi, Cotton Pickin' Blues ("Jazzin' Americana", B. 2) (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
28) M. Mier, Persistent Rhythm ("Jazz, Rags & Blues", B. 3) (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
29) M. Mier, Nocturne ("Romantic Impressions", B. 2) (Soundcloud, hearthis.at)
Great additions Greta! I really liked the vals peruano, got some home feeling from that piece smile the nocturne was also very beautiful
I have not yet finished the first book. I am working on the last pages at the moment! They take a bit longer and we are also tying to polish them a bit more with my teacher. I am not sure if I will follow the 2nd book entirely. Let's see what my teacher has planed smile

Originally Posted by trooplewis
10. The Crystal Ship by The Doors, circa 1967. Song that was on the “B” side of Light My Fire
Not sure why I couldn't get the other links to work, but they are all on my YouTube channel
Cool addition trooplewis. I like the Doors a lot. My older sister made me listen to them a lot when I was younger. I enjoyed this one smile

Originally Posted by Monviso
I hadn't updated my list in ages, and I've struggled to remember everything! I'm very gratified to see that I'm exactly half way through the challenge.

I was sight-reading through the Kirchner and loved the chords in no 1 so much I had to learn it. It’s a fun piece.

A very special friend recommended I learn some Field nocturnes more than 3 decades ago… Got there eventually! It’s sweet but I got bored of it and rarely play it anymore.

I was given Schumann’s Kinderszenen for my birthday in April and I am totally addicted. I want to play them ALL!
What a comeback to the chat Monviso!! That is quite an impressive list. I still have not listened to any of Fields nocturnes, even though he started the genre. I completely get your obsession with Schumann! In particular Kinderszenen is such an amazing group of pieces. The second half of it in particular is what made me fell in love with it. I hope you learn them all :))) The first Gnossienne is also on my favorite pieces in the entire piano repertoire
Thank you also for your kind words on my additions :)) That Bartok piece might be one of my favorites that I have learnt so far. It is really fun to play

Originally Posted by Sebs
2 new additions for me. Unchained Melody is my first piano solo from a lead sheet.

12.Unchained Melody
13. The Brave Horseman
Amazing job with those two pieces Sebs! Unchained Melody was beautifully played, what a milestone! I assume playing from a lead sheet has to be quite challenging, it seems like it. Awesome job :))
Is that a red metronome on your Brave Horseman recording? it matches perfectly with your whole setup. Nice touch smile

Lisztomaniac, inspired adult beginner, Scarlatti fan
Sabel S123 (Tucan), and Kawai CA49. Previously: Casio PX-S1000
What I have been learning
A
A
Saan, these are amazing additions! You have to be very proud of the hard work you have put in. I love those pieces. Schubert has become one of my top 3 composers for sure, and I think your playing was very good. You seemed very under control, never rushed. Thank you very much for sharing, this is quite inspiring for those of us just starting our journey at the piano. Please, consider sharing one of these pieces in the next quarterly recital smile They would be lovely contributions.

Lovely Bach KevinM! nice steady tempo. Are you still working on the invention?

Originally Posted by Maira713
Congratulations Maira! Keep the hard work! smile

Last edited by AndresVel; 07/04/21 03:09 PM.

A
A
I am adding two pieces myself, a small Etude with two contrasting sections, and a very dancy baroque piece. I really enjoyed learning it. It had a tricky trill in the second section which costed me quite a good amount of practice. I hope I can record some other pieces next weekend, I have had too much work lately smirk

1. Jewgeni Tetzel - Prelude
2. Balys Dvarionas - Prelude
3. Alexander Goedicke - Tanz
4. Jean-Baptiste Duvernoy - Etude in C major, Op. 176: No. 24
5. Alexander Gretschaninow - Kinderalbum, Op. 98: No. 1 - Kleines Maerchen
6. Dmitri Kabalewski - 24 kleine Stücke für Klavier, Op. 39: No. 10 - Marsch
7. Johann Krieger - Minuet in A minor
8. Ludwig Schytte - 25 easy Etudes, Op. 160: No. 18 in F major
9. J.S. Bach - Two-Part Inventions, No. 4 in D minor (BWV 775)
10. Isaak Berkowitsch - 50 little Etudes, No. 26 in D minor
11. Alexander Purimow - Der Ball
12. Samuil Maykapar - Spielereien, Op. 28: No. 10 - Kleines Maerchen
13. Alexander Gretschaninow - Kinderalbum, Op. 98: No. 13 - Mazurka (Erinnerung)
14. Carl Czerny - Etude in C major
15. Henry Purcell - Air in D minor, ZT 676
16. Johann Christoph Graupner - Bourrée in E minor, GWV 827
17. Elena Gnesina - Etude in D major
18. Jean-Baptiste Weckerlin - Chansons et rondes enfantines, No. 22 - Autrefois le rat de ville
19. Georg Philipp Telemann - Fantasie für Cembalo TWV 33:14 in C major - Gavotte
20. Aram Khachaturian - Klänge der Kindheit für Klavier, No. 1 - Seilspringen
21. Carl Czerny - Erster Lehrmeister, Op. 599: No. 19 in C major
22. Samuil Maykapar - 20 Pedal Preludes, Op. 38: No. 18 in A minor
23. Dmitri Kabalewski - 24 kleine Stücke für Klavier, Op. 39: No. 13 - Lyrischer Waltz
24. Alexander Goedicke - 20 little pieces for beginners, Op. 6: No. 4 in D minor
25. Alexander Goedicke - 20 little pieces for beginners, Op. 6: No. 6 in A minor
26. Ludwig van Beethoven - Sonatina in G major, Anh. 5, No. 1: I. Moderato
27. Ludwig van Beethoven - Sonatina in G major, Anh. 5, No. 1: II. Romanze
28. Dmitri Kabalewski - 30 Klavierstücke für junge Spieler, Op. 27: No. 2 - Kleines Lied
29. Béla Bartók - Für Kinder Band I, Sz. 42: No. 15 - Kinderstück
30. Béla Bartók - First Term at the Piano, Sz. 53: No. 12 - Volkslied
31. Félix Le Couppey - L'alphabet, Op. 17: No. 6 in C major
32. Béla Bartók - Für Kinder Band I, Sz. 42: No. 1 - Spielende Kinder
33. Robert Schumann - Album für die Jugend, Op. 68: No. 5 - Stückchen
34. Arvids Zilinskis - Etude in G major
35. Laurent de Saint-Luc - Bourrée in G major

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Hi,
It has been awhile since I have been able to post in this thread. A very belated thanks for the good wishes from folks. I was lucky that my overuse injury didn't last too long. Unfortunately other things got in the way of playing and recording. But this past weekend I have done a bit of recording and managed to update my list. Number 19 is my submission to the Piano Transcriptions Recital. The remaining 3 are from the Faber Piano Literature Book 1. Hope you enjoy. It is good to be back. Need to go catch up on a lot of posts and music and select some new music to work on.

1. Greensleeves (Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
2. Finale (Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
3. Canario - Joachim Von der Hofe (Faber Literature Book 1 )
4. Procession in G - Michael Praetorius (Faber Literature Book 1)
5. The Highlander (La Montagnarde) Jean-Joseph Mouret (Faber Literature Book 1)
6. Sonatina In C (First Movement) - Cornelius Gurlitt (Faber Sonatinas Book 1)
7. Sonatina In C - William Duncombe (Faber Sonatinas Book 1)
8. Tantalizing Tango - Catherine Rollin (Dancing on the Keys 1)
9. Hava Nagila - Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
10. Broken-Chord Etude (Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
11. 7th St. Blues (Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
12. Land of the Silver Birch (Faber Adult All In One, Book 2)
13. C Major Etude - Jelena Gnessina (Russian School of Music - Bk1, #70)
14. French Song (Russian School of Music - Bk1, #75)
15. Childrens Songs - Peter Tschaikowsky (Russian School of Music - Bk1, #79)
16. Little Dance - Daniel Gottlob Turk (Faber Literature Book 1)
17. Morning - Anton Diabelli (Faber Literature Book 1)
18. Quadrille - Franz Joseph Haydn (Faber Literature Book 1)
19. Rondeau - Jean-Joseph Mouret (Faber Big Time Piano Classics Lvl 4)
20. Adagio and Allegro - J.C. Back and F.P.Ricci (Faber Literature Book 1)
21. Little Prelude - Ludwig Schytte (Faber Literature Book 1)
22. Sonatina in G (1st Movement) - Thomas Attwood (Faber Literature Book 1)

- Zoe

F
F
I got so many things going on in my life and I ended up being absent from the forum for a while. But I see that there are so many nice entries for this year's 40 piece challenge. I want to take some time to listen to the recordings that have been posted here. I can see a lot of pieces that I don't know, so it will be nice to discover new repertoire inspired by you guys smile

I wasn't able to learn many pieces this year, so there is no chance I will make it to 40 pieces. But I hope I can get at least to 20 pieces and I think that would be reasonable if commit to do some shorter and not so difficult pieces.

Here's my updated list:

1 - Bach - Prelude No.2 in C minor, WTC Bk. 1 - BWV 847
2 - Fauré - Romance sans Paroles, Op.17 No.3
3 - Chiquinha Gonzaga – Gaúcho (O Corta Jaca)
4 - Schubert – Impromptu Op.90 No.4 in A Major
5 - Chopin - "Tristesse" Etude Op.10 No.3
6 - Chopin - Nocturne in E flat Major - Op.9 No.2

I am working on Schubert's Impromptus from Op.90 and I just want to congratulate Saan on recording Op.90 No.2. I really liked the clarity in the A section. Nicely done! I am stuck with this piece for a while now, but I hope to finish it in a couple of months. I will listen to the other recordings and catch up with everyone's progress, but I just wanted to comment that one that recording that initally picked my attention smile

YouTube Channel with all my recordings and my piano progress.

[Linked Image]

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
facdo, nice job on the 6 pieces that you posted links for.
I like the way you play, and I appreciated the comments you made about the composers and your goals in playing each piece. Very informative.

Casio PX-S3000
Nope, no issues with it at all.
Took lessons from 1960 to 1969, stopped at age 16.
Started again in July 2020 at age 67. Lots more fun now!
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K

Last edited by KevinM; 07/10/21 04:26 PM.
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S

Well played. Very nice additions to the list! Looks like you're going for the 80 pieces a year club at you rate. laugh laugh laugh

Originally Posted by KevinM
The Dussek is a little on the rough side, especially the 3rd page. The page turn seems to have really thrown me.

That sounds great. Not rough and the page turn didn't seem to throw you at all. Nice work.

Originally Posted by facdo

Great performance. One day Id love to play something like that!

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Maira713
Really enjoyed, Our Land and Bella Ciao.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
AndresVel
I am so impressed with your playing, so much progress and sensitivity for the music.
I loved "Arvids Zilinskis - Etude in G major" and I thought you played the Bourrée really well.

facdo
A nice collection of impressive pieces. Well played. The Fauré piece especially I felt was played with beautiful sensitivity.

S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Two new additions for me. I took a swing at sight reading an entire piece, it was fun and it came out way better than I thought it would. Sure, I didnt play it exact and messed up plenty but I kept going until complete.

1. The Sick Doll
2. Jurassic Park Theme
3. Singn' My Song
4. Titanic Theme
5. Arioso in F
6. Minuet in G
7. Renassiance Dance
8. Follow The Leader
9. Heart of Gold (few chords)
10. Allegro
11. Vivace
12.Unchained Melody (first time from a lead sheet)
13. The Brave Horseman
14. Romace (sight read)
15. Hunting Horns

Last edited by Sebs; 07/11/21 02:01 PM.
F
F
Originally Posted by trooplewis
facdo, nice job on the 6 pieces that you posted links for.
I like the way you play, and I appreciated the comments you made about the composers and your goals in playing each piece. Very informative.

Thank you very much!
I also enjoyed your recordings, but I haven't listened to all of them yet. In particular, the arrangement of Crystal Ship by The Doors was really nice. Gave me nostalgic memories from the time The Doors was one of my favorite bands. Nicely played!

facdo
A nice collection of impressive pieces. Well played. The Fauré piece especially I felt was played with beautiful sensitivity.

Thank you Kevin! I really love that piece and the composer. I hope to play more of his works in the future, but most of them are too hard for me at this point.
I really liked your Schumann recordings! Overall, the tone quality and your sense of phrasing was superb. Your interpretation of Tramerei was absolutely beautiful and the other two pieces were very nicely played as well. I also liked the Dussek sonatina. Very light touch and clear playing. Well done!

YouTube Channel with all my recordings and my piano progress.

[Linked Image]

R
R
Is it too late to join in? I am new to Pianoworld, but would like to try to learn the 40 pieces if I can. I have already learned some pieces this year. Can I count them?

scorpio Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
It's never too late! Welcome aboard ... look forward to your contributions. And yes, you can count the ones you have worked on this year.

Kawai MP11 : JBL LSR305 : Focusrite 2i4 : Pianoteq / Garritan CFX

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. -Willy Wonka

[Linked Image]
R
R
Thanks so much for letting me start late. Here are two pieces I have just learned:

1 Arietta (No. 1 from Lyriske småstykker, Op. 12) by Edvard Grieg
2. Abide with Me arranged by Jerry Ray

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K

Last edited by KevinM; 07/15/21 01:46 AM.
A
A
Originally Posted by ZoeCalgary
Hi,
It has been awhile since I have been able to post in this thread. A very belated thanks for the good wishes from folks. I was lucky that my overuse injury didn't last too long. Unfortunately other things got in the way of playing and recording. But this past weekend I have done a bit of recording and managed to update my list. Number 19 is my submission to the Piano Transcriptions Recital. The remaining 3 are from the Faber Piano Literature Book 1. Hope you enjoy. It is good to be back. Need to go catch up on a lot of posts and music and select some new music to work on.

19. Rondeau - Jean-Joseph Mouret (Faber Big Time Piano Classics Lvl 4)
20. Adagio and Allegro - J.C. Back and F.P.Ricci (Faber Literature Book 1)
21. Little Prelude - Ludwig Schytte (Faber Literature Book 1)
22. Sonatina in G (1st Movement) - Thomas Attwood (Faber Literature Book 1)

- Zoe

Welcome back Zoe! I am glad that you could recover from your injury and that you are back in the chat smile
Very beautiful additions! I liked the Sonatina the most., very cheerful piece The little prelude was also very nice. One can tell Schytte took inspiration from Bach's C major prelude on that one.

Very impressive list facdo! I am sure a lot of effort must have gone to learn and polish all of those pieces. I liked them all. The Schubert was my favorite! (a bit biased though, because I love Schubert :P). This is on the contrary one of my favorite impromptus. I would love to see your take on the other three from that set. The etude was also very impressive. You did an amazing job in all of them.

9. Dussek, Jan. - Sonatina in G Major Op.20 No.1, Minuetto
10. Anderson, Leroy. - Forgotten Dreams

The Leroy Anderson piece is a sweet one which I submitted for the Great American Songbook recital.
Good job Kevin! I really liked the sonatina, it was a very beautiful one. I will check it in full. I think you did very good. I am a big fan of Dussek's sonatas, and I think they should be more popular. So if you enjoy this Sonatina, I recommend you to have a listen to his sonatas as well. You might end up discovering some great classical works. Some even point out that Beethoven might have taken inspiration from some of Dussek's sonatas smile
The Leroy Anderson piece was beautifully played smile
Thank you also for your comments on my pieces. I am glad you enjoyed them

Originally Posted by Sebs
Very nice additions Sebs! I think you made great use of dynamics on both of your submissions! Also in the sight reading one, which is great as it tends to be left out in the early stages of sight reading. Keep the hard work! The sight reading practice will pay off smile
Thank you also for your nice comments on my pieces :))

Originally Posted by Randy Kimbrough
Thanks so much for letting me start late. Here are two pieces I have just learned:

1 Arietta (No. 1 from Lyriske småstykker, Op. 12) by Edvard Grieg
2. Abide with Me arranged by Jerry Ray
Welcome on board Randy! It is great that you join is for the challenge :))

Last edited by AndresVel; 07/18/21 02:49 PM.

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Cambodia
by PhilipInChina - 01/21/22 12:03 AM
Hey y'all, here's my best solo recording
by An Old Square - 01/20/22 09:44 PM
PSR-E473
by waljbt74 - 01/20/22 09:26 PM
Info on pre 1990s Weinbach? (Petrof)
by monsieur souvlaki - 01/20/22 03:28 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
What's Hot!!

Free Piano Lovers Newsletter is out now!
Piano News 2021 - 2022!
---------------------
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,271
Posts3,162,699
Members104,104
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission