2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
76 members (b4xter, An Old Square, 36251, allegrettoforte, bobrunyan, aphexdisklavier, ambrozy, accordeur, 17 invisible), 1,286 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Preferably with wheels.

My long time Yamaha YBS 881 case ripped at the handle as I was loading my CP4 into my SUV last night. I've had it repaired often in the eight years I've owned it, but now the owner of the luggage repair shop who has worked on it has retired. It never really fit right, I think it was made for the CP33, but I made it work.

I had the Gator GK-88 XL for the CP5 while I owned that. I didn't take it out very often but was not impressed with the quality. I see Gator has a Go-Pro line which appears to be of better quality but no wheels.

Also I'm looking around to see if anyone makes a quality soft case for the P-515. Don't want anything over 12 lbs., as the keyboard already is 48 lbs.

I did a fairly exhaustive google search and came up empty on both Yamahas. The Yamaha CP88 and YC88 bags are too small for either board.

There were UK and German companies I recall that made quality cases for the CP4, I forgot their names but would recognize them if I saw it. The latter was a smaller company, with a US distributor but may be out of business. The German company seemed more established in the market place.

I'm seeing a Baritone brand case for the CP4 on Amazon. I've never heard of them and couldn't find a web page with keyboard cases. Would appreciate any feed back on Baritone.

Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 NY Steinway D
Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, CP4

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris
There were UK and German companies I recall that made quality cases for the CP4, I forgot their names but would recognize them if I saw it. The latter was a smaller company, with a US distributor but may be out of business. The German company seemed more established in the market place.

oops it's late and too many notes today, the UK company should be the former. wink

2005 NY Steinway D

C
C
You might be thinking of Thomann. That’s where I bought my last few cases, including for the CP4.

Yamaha YC88, Kawai CA93, Yamaha MODX8, EV ZXA1
D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks Coker.

Going on the Thomann site and browsing different cases, I recognized the German company-- Soundwear.

The Pro line #29138 fits both the CP4 and P 515. It looks to be of high quality plus has the wheels.
https://www.soundwear.com/en/bags-cases/for-keyboard-accordion/keyboard-bag-professional/

2005 NY Steinway D

C
C
That’s the one I have. It is a beautiful, well-made bag.

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Thanks, great !

I do have questions about the fit of the #29138 in the depth on the P-515 though. The Soundwear site says 35cm, which = 13.77 inches. The P-515 is listed on the Yamaha site as 14 13/16 inches. A big hmm. wink

I guess I could email Soundwear on that discrepancy.

2005 NY Steinway D

C
C
The inside of my Soundwear case, which I assume is the one you’re looking at, measures almost exactly 14 inches from seam to seam inside on the bottom. On-line specs for my YC88 show 14-5/16 inches of depth. It fits fine - not too snug and not too loose. Remember that depth specs sometimes include bump outs for music desk holders in the back, which shouldn’t affect the fit for a soft bag. Hope this helps.

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Yes looking at the Soundwear # 29138.

Thanks, that's a big help ! Your YC88 is technically deeper then the P-515 by a fraction.

Speaking of the YC88--is the piano any different- maybe smoother or less digital- then the CP88, which didn't you own ?

I also read somewhere that the action is a bit tighter feeling on the YC88 over the CP88. Do you feel any difference ?

I know the CP88 or YC88 would be a more practical choice, with regard to weight consideration, for jazz group context then the 515, but man, out of all the demos I've heard, not one appealed to me, tonally speaking.

2005 NY Steinway D

C
C
Dave, I never tried the CP88, so any comments about that would just be regurgitating what I’ve read on this site and KC. I bought up from the CP4 to the YC88 instead of the CP88 because I wanted a serviceable organ engine with useable knobby controls built-in rather than having to mess with the very capable B3X (there was a small latency that bothered me, too, perhaps a fault of my lousy iPad).

I do like playing AP and EP on the YC88, and the B3 engine is excellent for what I do. I used to think the Leslie would be so important that I needed a top-notch simulator there, but for jazz, I seem to rely more on the chorus and vibrato. For some rock stuff, always background, the Leslie sounds fine. The action felt a tad springier than I had gotten used to on the CP4, but it feels fine now, after a few months. I even sat my wife down at it, and she surprised me by playing for about 30 minutes because she liked it so much. Her regular instrument is our Kawaii CA93, whose keybed is no slouch, either.

D
2000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
2000 Post Club Member
D
Ok I mistook you for someone else that owned the CP88 after the CP4. For me, the organ would be a waste of dough on the YC88, I'd probably never even use it. wink

2005 NY Steinway D

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
HP704 vs FP90X vs CLP735/745
by SharpPencil - 11/28/21 09:46 AM
How to make jumps without looking at keys
by GreenCheck - 11/28/21 09:41 AM
Keyboard for practice
by lbuizza - 11/28/21 09:12 AM
removing dust from bridge using piano string,
by Maximillyan - 11/28/21 05:51 AM
When Mozart plays a mean trick on you
by cygnusdei - 11/28/21 02:20 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,284
Posts3,149,293
Members103,451
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission