2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
70 members (AlkansBookcase, AndyOnThePiano2, Charles Cohen, BillS728, 36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, 11 invisible), 2,109 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 102 of 111 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 110 111
D
D
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
I'm troubled by this ...
Originally Posted by Dalton
I will call the store on Monday to cancel, and see if they try to sweeten the deal.
Sweetening the deal is the buyer's job. Don't expect the dealer to do that.

I like to do this by making an offer. There is no haggling.
This is not what people think of as "negotiating". It's just an offer.
And the offer is always sweet. That is, it's as good as I want it to be.

The dealer can only try to "un-sweeten" the deal by asking a price higher than my offer.
If it's just a bit higher I might accept.
Under any other circumstances I'll pass.

So I called and cancelled. The original sales rep wasn't in. I talked with another rep, who was gracious enough not to give me a hard time about it. He did ask why and I honestly said, "I did a little research online and think I acted too rashly in accepting your first offer." I also told him I didn't expect renegotiation after the fact and would prefer the refund and to wait a few months to maybe make a deal on a satin finish CA-79. He told me he is going to give the information to the first sales rep (the one who helped me in the store) when he comes back on Thursday. I should probably be prepared on the off-chance I do get a call back from him, although the new guy did take my credit card info to process the $100 refund immediately. If he does call back, what do you think would be a good offer? Maybe same deal (CA-79 EP new in box, take home from store, right of refusal up until delivery - in case that "two weeks" stretches to two months), but for $3700 tax included? I severely doubt they'll do it, but I'm on the fence now as to whether I actually want this piano and I don't think I'll budge a dollar off my counter offer.

If you aren't sure you want the piano then don't offer anything for it until you are sure!

D
D
Originally Posted by TessB
If you aren't sure you want the piano then don't offer anything for it until you are sure!
Only thing I'm not sure about is paying extra for the ebony polish vs. the satin black. If I got the right price on the ebony polish, I could be convinced. It's not worth $600 more for the gloss finish in my mind. Maybe $200 - $300 though, especially if I didn't have to wait several months.

Ah,. I get you. I agree, it's beautiful but I'm only getting it because I was offered it for an extra £100 to compensate for a delay in ordering

USER LOCATION: Northern Ireland
MAKE: Kawai
MODEL: CA79 EP
CONDITION: new
PRICE PAID: 2699 GBP
DELIVERY CHARGE: 30
VENDOR LOCATION: Northern Ireland
VENDOR NAME: AA Music
PURCHASE DATE: 19th June 2021

S
S
USER LOCATION: León, Spain
MODEL: ES920 + HM-5 Stand + F-302 Pedals
CONDITION: New
PRICE PAID: 1740 EUR (incl. tax)
DELIVERY CHARGE: Included in selling price
VENDOR LOCATION: León, Spain
VENDOR NAME: Music Center León ( https://www.musiccenter.es )
PURCHASE DATE: April 2021

Bought a few months ago, too busy settling in/playing/etc. to post until now smile

B
B
USER LOCATION: Leyte, Philippines
MODEL: ES110
PRICE PAID: P28,000 ($580)
DELIVERY CHARGE: Free
VENDOR LOCATION: Manila, Philippines
VENDOR NAME: Drum Kings Trading Store
PURCHASE DATE: May 2021

I was looking for a Yamaha P-125 but for some reason they are much more expensive in the Philippines - cheapest I saw over a few months of looking was P44,000 ($900)!

D
D
Would $5,540 be a good price after tax and shipping for a satin black CA99 in the northeast U.S.? Thanks.

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Check the prices paid spreadsheet at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwdESI8nPDtaQzhZeUh6UlBRZlk/view?usp=sharing
Originally Posted by DrewHutt
Would $5,540 be a good price after tax and shipping for a satin black CA99 in the northeast U.S.? Thanks.

H
H
USER LOCATION: UK
MAKE: Yamaha
MODEL: CLP 745
PRICE PAID: £2,162 ($3,000 USD)
DELIVERY CHARGE: None
VENDOR LOCATION: Blackburn, Lancashire, UK.
VENDOR NAME: Reidys Home of Music
PURCHASE DATE: Jun 22nd 2021.

T
T
@JustinPh thank you for posting your buying experience for the CVP-809! Very helpful to know some sources for a good price on this piano!

Instruments at Home or Office | Pianos: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-795, Wurlitzer baby grand, Winter & Co. baby grand, Everett studio | Keyboards: Korg Grandstage, Roland Fantom, Yamaha PSR-275 | Organ: Lowrey Prestige
USER LOCATION: Switzerland
MAKE: Yamaha
MODEL: P45
PRICE PAID: CHF429 ($466 USD)
DELIVERY CHARGE: None
VENDOR LOCATION: Internet
VENDOR NAME: 24music.ch
PURCHASE DATE: May 7th 2021.

I
I

Interested to know this as well. Keep me posted, please!

Last edited by Invoke Kelp; 07/08/21 11:42 AM.
P
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Invoke Kelp

I am gonna say: high as it wasn’t that far off for what I paid for cs11 5 years ago. Then, judging by the slow supply, this may be ‘reasonable’ if stock/inventory is low. If I were looking, I think I would wait another year to see where the supply situation is; then again, it’s getting the enjoyment sooner than later.

Piano World member Repson in Pennsylvania paid $4000 in June 2020
Member orpheansodality in California paid $5449 in February 2021.

The $5540 figure you quoted is higher than both of those, although you did ask about tax and shipping included, which I cannot foresee.
Still, I see nothing good about that price.
Originally Posted by Invoke Kelp

L
L
USER LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
MAKE: Casio
MODEL: WK-6600
CONDITION: Used -- Like New -- in original box with all packaging and documentation
PRICE PAID: USD 220 including ProLine PL4KD stand and spandex cover
DELIVERY CHARGE: None, picked up myself
VENDOR LOCATION: Charlotte, NC
VENDOR NAME: Private party via Nextdoor
PURCHASE DATE: 17 August 2021

Background: I had donated an old Casio 76-key touch-sensitive but not weighted keyboard to a needy family four years ago. Much to my surprise, the three kids really took to the piano and have progressed to an intermediate level with weekly lessons. The family even acquired an acoustic upright for their home.

Unfortunately, their old Casio keyboard recently died after an ill-conceived repair attempt by one of their friends for a minor problem. So I found this almost new substitute for the kids to practice on when they go to their parents' little shop after school, and before they return home to their acoustic piano at night.

M
M
Wow, Lotus1 – that is sweet!

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
A
A
SPAM

Last edited by Piano World; 08/28/21 10:19 PM.
H
H
So i purchased a CLP 745 Rosewood new. $3600 at Faust Harrison Pianos. Prices had just gone up, but i really dont like arguing, and shipping was free. They're in NY and Im in TX, so i can appreciate that. Plus not tax, and i can definitely appreciate that. Locally there was a CLP 785 i really wanted , but they only offered me the floor model claiming it was new and for the same price as the ones in a box. So i just couldn't do that. Faust also has a 5yr trade in allowance and im really interested in having that as ultimately i would like to upgrade to a Hybrid , CLP795 or maybe an acoustic grand even if its used. I wanted to post a pic of my 745 but i think this isn't the thread for it. Anyways, im really happy with the 745, previously i was using a casio privia px130. The plastic keys on the casio were driving me crazy.

Licensed Engineer (TX)
Kawai GL-20 (Satin BLK)
Music Major Drop Out Now Trying To Play Piano Every Day.
T
T
Originally Posted by HEMIPE
So i purchased a CLP 745 Rosewood new. $3600 at Faust Harrison Pianos. Prices had just gone up, but i really dont like arguing, and shipping was free. They're in NY and Im in TX, so i can appreciate that. Plus not tax, and i can definitely appreciate that. Locally there was a CLP 785 i really wanted , but they only offered me the floor model claiming it was new and for the same price as the ones in a box. So i just couldn't do that. Faust also has a 5yr trade in allowance and im really interested in having that as ultimately i would like to upgrade to a Hybrid , CLP795 or maybe an acoustic grand even if its used. I wanted to post a pic of my 745 but i think this isn't the thread for it. Anyways, im really happy with the 745, previously i was using a casio privia px130. The plastic keys on the casio were driving me crazy.

I was just looking on Faust Harrison's website and they mention a Sept 7 price increase from Yamaha. I hadn't heard anything about this, but it seems like all the dealers have bumped up their "discount" prices the past few months. Does anyone know what that's all about, and which models (if not all)?

Instruments at Home or Office | Pianos: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-795, Wurlitzer baby grand, Winter & Co. baby grand, Everett studio | Keyboards: Korg Grandstage, Roland Fantom, Yamaha PSR-275 | Organ: Lowrey Prestige
Page 102 of 111 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 110 111

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission