2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
65 members (36251, anotherscott, Bellyman, Carey, brennbaer, busa, ChickenBrother, 9 invisible), 2,093 guests, and 310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 215 of 237 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 236 237
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I guess the loud note problem to be an issue which deals with some note produced with the escapement engaged and some other with the escapement not engaged (then low key resistance and higher velocity). With a N1X, there are sensors at the hammer level, then if the escapement is not engaged, there will be no note (then no loud note).

I don’t expect a calibration to fix the loud note issue.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
G
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
G
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
I guess the loud note problem to be an issue which deals with some note produced with the escapement engaged and some other with the escapement not engaged

I got the impression this is a different loud note problem, also previously reported on the NU1X (that has more to do with calibration of the response to the gradient sensor). Coincidentally the same issue Cybergene ran into on his NU1X and even also coincidentally he too took the opportunity to return it and swap it for an N1X as well!

Bosendorfer D214VC ENPro
Past: Yamaha P-85, P-105, CP50, Kawai MP11, Kawai NV10
I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Originally Posted by Gombessa
Originally Posted by Frédéric L
I guess the loud note problem to be an issue which deals with some note produced with the escapement engaged and some other with the escapement not engaged

I got the impression this is a different loud note problem, also previously reported on the NU1X (that has more to do with calibration of the response to the gradient sensor). Coincidentally the same issue Cybergene ran into on his NU1X and even also coincidentally he too took the opportunity to return it and swap it for an N1X as well!

I don't really understand the technical workings. But I was told that my problem NU1X would be sent to Yamaha (somewhere) for study/diagnosis.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by indigo_dave
It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with the N1X.

I recorded a couple of songs as demo/audition pieces. I need to work on my voice delivery. I decided to try Over the Rainbow with a bit of a rhythmic lilt.

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing. Can you share more details on how you recorded this?

Glad to hear that the instrument is working out for you.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
I don't really understand the technical workings. But I was told that my problem NU1X would be sent to Yamaha (somewhere) for study/diagnosis.

It is a known issue. Read your manual (troubleshooting page) :

When playing the same key repeatedly and quickly or playing a trill continuously for a long time, a sound louder than expected (considering your playing strength) might very occasionally occur.

This might be caused by the mechanical structure of the keys and the action; this is normal, but only very seldom occurs.

And the mechanical structure of your action can’t be changed by software, recalibration or whatever else.

http://www.sinerj.org/
http://humeur-synthe.sinerj.org/
Yamaha N1X, Bechstein Digital Grand, Garritan CFX, Ivory II pianos, Galaxy pianos, EWQL Pianos, Native-Instrument The Definitive Piano Collection, Soniccouture Hammersmith, Truekeys, Pianoteq
7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
It’s not the same problem. This is another problem where some keys appear to have steeper velocity response curve and would produce consistently louder MIDI velocity compared to adjacent keys when pressed simultaneously. It’s not fixable through calibration and I think might be caused by a defective key shutter gradient or debris/dirt.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Originally Posted by Pathbreaker
It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with the N1X.

I recorded a couple of songs as demo/audition pieces. I need to work on my voice delivery. I decided to try Over the Rainbow with a bit of a rhythmic lilt.

That was beautiful, thanks for sharing. Can you share more details on how you recorded this?

Glad to hear that the instrument is working out for you.

I recorded the music video with a Sony HDR MV1. It's super simple to operate. It has a power button and a record button. That's it. It seems to be out of production though.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
@indigo_dave; many thanks for sharing! Loved your playing. It's such a beautiful sound from this instrument.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
T
T
People who've played both N1X and N3X - is there a huge difference in sound (from speakers) would you say? N3x is over twice the price of N1x after all.

I
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I
Originally Posted by toussaint
People who've played both N1X and N3X - is there a huge difference in sound (from speakers) would you say? N3x is over twice the price of N1x after all.

I played a N3X but can't really comment on the sound. I considered the N3X but it needed too much space for its depth. I was concerned with how it might sound with the lid up compared with the lid down. But since I'd decided on the N1X, I didn't pay much attention.

H
H
Originally Posted by toussaint

I tested out both the N1X and N3X before making a decision. For some reason, the N1X actually sounded better to me. More realistic and more warmth. It really felt like I was playing a real piano. The lower bass notes sounded more muffled to me on the N3X, and I just couldn't justify the higher cost. I'm sure the acoustics were different since the two pianos were at two different dealer showrooms, but those were the only ones that I could play in person. No dealers had both models in the same showroom.

C
C
What products do you use to clean and polish hour N1X?

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Never polish a piano.
Originally Posted by cgeronimo

H
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
H
Hello,

@David B has posted some cleaning tips earlier on this thread, or maybe on another thread, not too long ago.

Cheers and happy safe cleaning,

HZ

C
C
Thank you all!

D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D

All you need are these three products for the easiest upkeep of the appearance on your N1X.

[Linked Image]

The cleaner will remove any deposits from the finish and the polish will keep it slick and shiny. Neither of them contain abrasives. The keybrite is great for cleaning the keys. Don't spray it directly on the keys, but rather on a rag and then wipe the keys down.

These products are the least hassle and will keep your piano looking showroom clean.

God Bless,
David

M
mwf Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
M

Found this and thought to share it, fascinating insight really into inner workings of these hybrids.

A
A

S
S
Got the N1X yesterday. Just find when set the sound to 1 and 8, there is hiss noise coming from upper center speaker when hit several keys.

Just post a clip here:

Last edited by SUNBO; 06/02/21 07:59 PM.
D
David B Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by SUNBO
Got the N1X yesterday. Just find when set the sound to 1 and 8, there is hiss noise coming from upper center speaker when hit several keys.

Just post a clip here:

I'm not sure if it's my speakers, but that tone doesn't resemble any of the N1X internal sounds. Something seems very wrong. Maybe it's my speakers or the way it was recorded, but it doesn't sound right even if there was no hiss. Can you record a song or play more keys so we can hear the rest of the registers?

God Bless,
David

Page 215 of 237 1 2 213 214 215 216 217 236 237

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,387
Posts3,349,212
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission