2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
63 members (AlkansBookcase, Barry_Braksick, danno858, BadSanta, danbot3, Animisha, Burkhard, 14 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
There's a very simple way of adding a line-in to your Korg C1air/G1air
http://forum.pianoworld.com//ubbthreads.php/galleries/3108624/korg-mods.html#Post3108624

Did someone say we need to stop comparing Digitals to Acoustics?
O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Clearly I still can't drive the picture thing on this forum.

As seen in the link, the Korgs have an easy-access panel to the Bluetooth unit. Remove the 10 pin header, you'll see 3 wires on left hand side (white, red, black) I have attached these 3 wires to a female 3.5mm stereo (headphone) socket.

It's a rough n ready hack to insert a line-in to the piano, and it works great. My VST's can now play using the (actually very good sounding) 80w speaker system of my G1air.

I'll wire something a bit more permanent now I know it works the way I want it to.

Last edited by OU812; 04/21/21 03:43 AM.

E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by OU812
There's a very simple way of adding a line-in to your Korg C1air/G1air
http://forum.pianoworld.com//ubbthreads.php/galleries/3108624/korg-mods.html#Post3108624
Originally Posted by OU812
Clearly I still can't drive the picture thing on this forum.

As seen in the link, the Korgs have an easy-access panel to the Bluetooth unit. Remove the 10 pin header, you'll see 3 wires on left hand side (white, red, black) I have attached these 3 wires to a female 3.5mm stereo (headphone) socket.

It's a rough n ready hack to insert a line-in to the piano, and it works great. My VST's can now play using the (actually very good sounding) 80w speaker system of my G1air.

I'll wire something a bit more permanent now I know it works the way I want it to.

I right clicked on the images (Windows 10) and copied the addresses of the images.

Another option is right clicking over each image on the gallery, opening it in another tab (chrome but it must work with any browser) and then you get the image URL.

It's been a while since I last used the forum's image hosting but it looks like they either changed the workflow or you used a different one. Anyway I agree it is not the most intuitive.

Good job, BTW.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
N
N
Please forgive my dumb question, but where would I get a female 3.5 mm headphone socket? I don't have a headphone to take apart!

O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by No Expectations
Please forgive my dumb question, but where would I get a female 3.5 mm headphone socket? I don't have a headphone to take apart!

Any store that sells DIY electronic/electrical parts.

V
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
V
3.5 socket? If all else fails, amazon will come to the rescue... But if you don't have a soldering iron, I suggest to buy a male-female cable, cut it and separate the wires.

That's nice and dandy if one wants to take the hassle of rewiring things and voiding any valid warranty.

There's obvious use cases for this, when you don't have an amp available. If you had one, you could just go for the approach that I mentioned in the other thread, i.e connecting the amp straight to the speaker jacks.

Search the web privately with DuckDuckGo .
O
OU812 Offline OP
OP Offline
O
It's just a nice tidy solution. Plus you're not introducing any more noise from the external amp.
I like the VST I use, but I also like that I can use the DP sound engine just by dialling up the volume control.
Tbh, Noire does sound better than my G1, but not actually that much better that I won't use the G1 internals for practising or when I can't be bothered with the laptop.

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,260
Members111,633
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission