2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) SWEETWATER Cyber Week Deals
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
60 members (Beansparrow, AprilE, anotherscott, 36251, Abdol, Baltguy, bwv872, 12 invisible), 1,061 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
I came across this guy on facebook recently. Apparently, he has played keyboards with many famous singers and artists, and is a "genius" teacher.

Text copied from one of his ads:

"For a limited time only, he will be hosting 3 webinars per day, where he uncovers the fundamentals of music, simpler than ever before, and reveals to you a completely new approach to music that can teach you music up to 150x faster than ever before."

Not 2, not 3, not 5... but 150 times faster. One hundred and fifty times.

I've nothing more to say. Maybe some of you do.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Where do I sign up? I could finally learn music before I run out of time...

Sam

Ubu Offline
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
For less than 1000x i don't even bother to check it.

1000 is my minimum.

Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
9000 Post Club Member
Hmm
$287 per month x 12 months
https://www.ridleyacademy.com/

55 easy steps to playing

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by dogperson
Hmm

55 easy steps to playing

or $897.00 per month for 12 months for the "Artist Development Programme," but wait, save money and pay in full, a one-time payment of only $9997.00.

I watched one of his promotional videos to "learn" about the programme (exhausted by the hype and energy of his presentation!), but learned nothing about what is done or how it is done; only how fabulous the course is and how great the results are. Maybe there's more information somewhere, but ...

Regards,

BruceD
- - - - -
Estonia 190
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by BruceD
Originally Posted by dogperson
Hmm

55 easy steps to playing

or $897.00 per month for 12 months for the "Artist Development Programme," but wait, save money and pay in full, a one-time payment of only $9997.00.

I watched one of his promotional videos to "learn" about the programme (exhausted by the hype and energy of his presentation!), but learned nothing about what is done or how it is done; only how fabulous the course is and how great the results are. Maybe there's more information somewhere, but ...

Regards,

What a bargain.

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
What made my skin crawl, was him, in one of his ads, saying something along the lines of: "If you thought learning music was hard... if you thought learning music took time... I am here to prove you wrong."

I especially remember the "took time" part.

He's basically mocking music, and the process of learning it, that thousands and thousands of *real* aspiring musicians go through for hours and hours every day. Even learning the fundamentals to a high standard takes a lot of time.

And all the lazy and unmotivated people with deep pockets trying to learn music and piano, just shower him with money.

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
From his website:

"The course takes just 3 minutes per day over 3-12 months, depending on study schedule, making it 150X faster than traditional methods. And takes anyone, of any age from ‘I’ve never touched a piano before’, to having a full understanding of the subject of music and being able to play piano, read and write music and learn any song, and develop an emotional connection to music, rather than just an intellectual one."

3 minutes a day

3-12 months

a FULL understanding of music

Learn ANY song.

Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ubu
For less than 1000x i don't even bother to check it.

1000 is my minimum.

I meet your 1000x and up you to 2000x!

[Linked Image]
Yamaha C3X
In summer, the song sings itself. --William Carlos Williams

T
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
T
Though I didn't watch any of the videos, a quick perusal of his site reveals his closely guarded secret - he teaches in plain English instead of Latin since nobody speaks Latin anymore.

That alone must be worth at least $1,000 and 3 minutes a day.

Tony

Roland V-Grand
500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by TonyB
Though I didn't watch any of the videos, a quick perusal of his site reveals his closely guarded secret - he teaches in plain English instead of Latin since nobody speaks Latin anymore.

That alone must be worth at least $1,000 and 3 minutes a day.

Tony

Did you understand what those "Latin techniques" are that he mentioned? cause I didn't.

Originally Posted by Sam S
Where do I sign up? I could finally learn music before I run out of time...

Sam
I literally laughed out loud at this! laugh

aka Lady Arabesque
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/hayburner1969
J
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by CianistAndPomposer
I came across this guy on facebook recently. Apparently, he has played keyboards with many famous singers and artists, and is a "genius" teacher.

Text copied from one of his ads:

"For a limited time only, he will be hosting 3 webinars per day, where he uncovers the fundamentals of music, simpler than ever before, and reveals to you a completely new approach to music that can teach you music up to 150x faster than ever before."

Not 2, not 3, not 5... but 150 times faster. One hundred and fifty times.

I've nothing more to say. Maybe some of you do.

To quote Mozart in the film, Amadeus, "It's like nothing I've ever heard before."

Townley: Piano Concerto No 2 in C Minor Op 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK1WR7oPY44
E
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
E
150 times relative to what. They don't say, so it could be 150x faster than if someone stared at an orange juice carton for 50 hours, and it would be true.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
I've heard a lot about this person and his dodgy tactics. It's laughable until you think about people getting sucked in.

There's a discussion here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/piano/comments/kqqfe5/ridley_academy_masterclass/

OK, I’m in! I can smoke Appassionata....in minutes!

500 Post Club Member
OP Offline
500 Post Club Member
This is a joke by now. It reads like satire. "Circular symbology", "my brand new technology" referring to his teaching method, etc.

I'm just livid that this guy is stealing people's money, and at this point, I feel like I want to do something about it.

The text:

"MUSIC MADE SIMPLE
Learn piano with 3 minutes of daily practise!
I know it sounds RIDICULOUS!!!

Can I seriously be saying that it's possible to learn piano in a few months, playing a few minutes per day?! There's always a bunch of pianists and teachers who comment on here saying how this cannot be possible, how this has to be a scam, how they spent 20 years.

And the truth is they are right. I'm one of them. And it took me 25 years of struggle and pain to achieve the freedom I now have in music. Because the way that music is approached and taught is COMPLETELY backwards, and hasn't been thoroughly restructured in over 300 years.

It's still taught in latin, with circular symbology and imprecise terminology, and it still relies heavily on memory, rather than understanding.

Right now, you've got 2 choices in this planet; 15 years of confusing weekly lessons, with 20-30 hours of practise per week, or fumbling around on YouTube for days and days trying to follow lights on a screen and memorise patterns.

Neither of those create artists. They create people who can play a couple songs, with no real clue what they are doing, until they forget them. Memory games and confusions aren't the foundation of true understanding. I'm not here to teach you how to say a couple sentences, I'm here to teach you how to speak Music, so you can say anything you want!! So you can form your own sentences, and enjoy the enormous freedom that comes when you give voice to the soul.

I'm here to make artists, and to do so in a completely new way, that approaches music by focusing only on that which is required to be able to excel within the subject, and reorganising the gradient and structure in which it's taught.

Every subject on earth required gifts and talent, before people came along who were able to communicate that subject in it's simplicity.

I know it sounds unbelievable!
I know it sounds too good to be true!!
That's why I'm hosting webinars which are going to show YOU exactly how this works.

I'm going to prove to you exactly how simple music can be, and how by focusing on that simplicity, you can achieve results up to 150X faster than traditional methods.

And I'm going to explain my brand new technology, which can make ANYBODY an artist, today!

Hope to see you there!
Stephen I wasn’t born a singer songwriter. Like so many of us, I believed writing and singing was something you either had or didn’t, and I sure didn’t!!!

I loved music, but I was so embarrassed about my voice that I would wait until everyone had left the house before I’d sing! When I did start singing, it was strained, sometimes painful and I’d often feel I was damaging my voice.

I gave up on this dream, I graduated from university and took a job working in an investment bank, and… I was miserable.

Roll forward to today, I am a professional singer with tens of millions of plays across TV, radio and online, and get paid tens of thousands to perform at some of the most incredible events in the world. I’ve sung with Sting, Robbie Williams, Seal, U2 for huge audiences, royal families, presidents and sold out venues. I’ve played for brands like Louis Vuitton, Gulfstream, Rolls Royce, and many more.

How did that happen?! Well, I worked on myself. I quit my job to be a street artist at age 22, and at that time, I still couldn’t sing!!! I then took 4 vocal lessons per week for 4 years. I worked with Adele’s singing coach, Beyonce’s singing coach, and worked with the world’s top doctors at King’s College Research Hospital in London to understand my voice. I also researched ancient methods of vocal training in east Asia, latin methods of vocal training, and even did vocal training with some monks in India!!

The result is that I was able to go from a shy, introvert, ‘untalented’ guy, to an artist who gets paid tens of thousands to perform, and was described by Italian Vogue magazine as “A Young Prodigy”.

In my singing series, I unlock what I’ve learned, not just from my extensive training, but from my actual experience traveling around the world singing for my supper!

In this first course, ‘How ANYONE can start singing TODAY”, I take you on a journey into not just the technical aspects of singing, but the psychological and mental factors so necessary to build a relationship with your voice, and develop and grow YOUR sound, so you can make that first step to becoming a singer today!"

His music is garbage, but you have hand it to anyone who can start a successful brand.

4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by CianistAndPomposer
Roll forward to today, I am a professional singer with tens of millions of plays across TV, radio and online, and get paid tens of thousands to perform at some of the most incredible events in the world. I’ve sung with Sting, Robbie Williams, Seal, U2 for huge audiences, royal families, presidents and sold out venues. I’ve played for brands like Louis Vuitton, Gulfstream, Rolls Royce, and many more.

I've sung with U2, along with the other 80,000 people in the audience. Does that count?

Last edited by johnstaf; 04/06/21 05:47 PM.
A
A
Well said!!!!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Pianos - Organs - & Keyboards, Oh My!
My first professionally recorded piece
---------------------
Visit Maine, Meet Mr. Piano World
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Ned Rorem
by Steveskates - 12/01/21 09:00 PM
When Pianist and Piano Rebuilder Get together
by Chernobieff Piano - 12/01/21 08:51 PM
Regulating a digital piano advice needed
by Purdy - 12/01/21 06:06 PM
WNG Portable Piano pounder.
by jkess114 - 12/01/21 05:16 PM
Talking while playing
by wg73 - 12/01/21 03:19 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics210,340
Posts3,150,093
Members103,487
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission