2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
21 members (cmoody31, dh371, Fried Chicken, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, admodios, clothearednincompo, crab89, 5 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 97 of 116 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 115 116
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
@Kalle: It's lucky for you that you have such a short wait for a new piano. Supplies are short and lead times long for most of us.

Your profile doesn't give your location. In these times that's relevant ... because it's quite interesting to know where pianos are available, given that they're not available in many locales.

P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Oh, they’re available, I tell you!

And it’s not the location that determines the ‘availability’, it’s the willingness to pay a premium for that “corner table facing the harbor”.

Just the other day someone got an N1X within a week; whereas, ‘for most of us’ the wait can sometimes be months long.

Some people are cutting in line, Mac!

P.S.

I say we break into Yamaha headquarters/warehouses and take them pianos for a ride; who’s with me? laugh

@Kalle: Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. That's just the Wizard of Pete, our resident jokester. smile

K
K
Originally Posted by MacMacMac
@Kalle: It's lucky for you that you have such a short wait for a new piano. Supplies are short and lead times long for most of us.

Your profile doesn't give your location. In these times that's relevant ... because it's quite interesting to know where pianos are available, given that they're not available in many locales.

I'm from Finland.

One thing was quite interesting which I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread already:

Instead of paying in the shop, I was given an invoice to make the payment directly from my bank account.
I asked about that procedure and they explained that Yamaha requires this only for the CLP-785 model (and above I think), but not for the rest of the CLP-700 series because they want to have control over the distribution of it.

F
ftr Offline
F
Originally Posted by Kalle H
One thing was quite interesting which I'm not sure if it's been discussed in this thread already:

Instead of paying in the shop, I was given an invoice to make the payment directly from my bank account.
I asked about that procedure and they explained that Yamaha requires this only for the CLP-785 model (and above I think), but not for the rest of the CLP-700 series because they want to have control over the distribution of it.

Hi Kalle, congratulations on your clp 785. Let's see where Finland and The Netherlands stand in the Yamaha food chain.
What I gather from the shop owners is that the 785 is sold directly by the 'Yamaha agency' and the shop only gets a fixed premium. That's why all the prices of the 785 are equal here and there is no bargaining. Yamaha indeed controls the distribution and decides for example what shops in a specific region can sell the 785. No idea why this is different for the lower models. They are harder to get at the moment.

D
D
Here in Germany many stores have delivery times about few months for yamaha 745-785 and even N1X/NU1X... there are maybe just a few limited exception but Yamaha is here nearly impossible to get in an acceptable time frame (its like buying a car wink ) .

Last edited by DaveX; 03/16/21 02:47 PM.
L
L
Originally Posted by Kalle H

I'm from Finland.

Hi,
i'm from Belgium,
same situation here, bought CLP785 in a shop and payed directly to Yamaha.

Last edited by lvercaut; 03/16/21 02:54 PM.
F
F
I ordered a 785 last Wednesday, it was delivered and setup on Saturday. They had 2 in stock, but this was the only location of about 5-6 shops I tried that had any inventory at all. Most were saying several months.
This is in Canada.
There were some weird things with the sale - they told me they weren't allowed to list it on the website (as per Yamaha), in-store sales only. All the other models in the CLP line are listed online though. They have a very large/active webshop that I've purchased other items from before.
They did finally allow me to order over the phone, but wouldn't take a credit card, said they could only do bank transfer.
Overall, it was a positive experience and they were very pleasant to deal with. Just these strange exceptions.

I wish I could bypass the middle man here in Canada. But here you have to deal with shops and Yamaha Canada has simply stopped giving them any information about the availability. They made excuses before. Now they just are completely MIA. I've called around and nobody knows anything. It's a mess.

P-515
CLP-785
L
L
I bought a new CLP-725 delivered to my house last week. I was lucky to find a store "piano heritage" here in Montreal Canada with stock. I bought Rosewood color. I saw it in-store the yamaha piano's Black, Rosewood and Ebony. The black color was matt and similar to a black ask speakers. The rosewood is semigloss dark black-redish-brown color and the ebony is super shiny black. I preferred the dark rosewood matches well with my home decor. The speakers is not very powerful. I have to set volume close to maximum to have decent sound and sound quality wise it does not impress me. I find my headphone sound much better than the speakers. They had the CLP-735 and CLP-745 in store. I like the keys on the CLP-745 better but for my budget I was able only to buy the CLP-725. The piano is actually for my kids that are 5 and 2 years old. I think the CLP-725 is a good starting piano for them.

L
L
Originally Posted by link19
I was able only to buy the CLP-725. The piano is actually for my kids that are 5 and 2 years old. I think the CLP-725 is a good starting piano for them.

I'm convinced of that. Enjoy !

B
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
B
Originally Posted by link19
I bought a new CLP-725 delivered to my house last week. The piano is actually for my kids that are 5 and 2 years old. I think the CLP-725 is a good starting piano for them.
Congratulations! I'm sure your kids will love it.
Feel free to post a photo of the instrument in its home habitat. I think you're the first person on this forum to announce delivery of a 725.

Last edited by Burkey; 03/19/21 02:56 AM.

Pianos are one of the best human inventions of the past 323 years - help evangelize the magic!
M
M
I love unboxing videos. Just love them!

at home: Kawai MP11SE; Yamaha LG800; Yamaha HS7; Ultimate MS-100B; Sennheiser HD558 | office: MP7SE; K&M 18820; Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro

Adult beginner
Hugh Sung, Popular Piano course (in progress)
I'm in the opposite camp. I find unboxing (that is, unpacking) videos to be the utmost bore.

I find them actually essential. They are my trump card against shady shops that repackage digital pianos to sell as new after they have been on the show floor for demonstration.

I know this is uncommon practice. But I feel better having an exemple of how the exact packaging is supposed to be. If I pay new I want new in box.

P-515
CLP-785
Not much love for the CLP-765 here? Or the 795 for that matter? I have played for years on a century-old Petrof grand, but I'm afraid it has more or less reached the end of its life. I have been looking into the 765, because I like the fact that the sound comes from the top of the instrument. The upright models all sound a bit muffled to me. Having said that, I think I must also check out the 785, since it is in the same price range as the 765 but offers a better action and more features.

All in all, I'm a bit weary about the change to digital. I'm afraid it may be too clean, too dull, compared to my sweet old Petrof. This weekend I will visit a store that has the Clavinovas.

So. Anyone any experience with the 765? Compared it to the 785? General observations on switching from acoustic to digital? I'm a newby here, am an experienced but limited amateur pianist, and I would love to hear your opinions.

K
K
Just received a call from the store.
My CLP-785 has arrived (took 7 days) and they will deliver it to my home on thursday! shocked

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Welcome @Ostinato. Well you are used to a grand, but you say you're also an amateur. So while I would have loved to point you to hybrids (closest to grand feel), maybe you don't need such expensive models. All the "towards top of the line Clavinovas" are good models - I believe you are going to try them out.

Don't be weary about digitals. The instrument and sound set up can be difficult to get right but digitals are NOT inferior to acoustic grands. They're just different. You'll find a lot of testimony to digitals and virtual instruments here in this forum.

A man must love a thing very much if he practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practice it without any hope of doing it well. Such a man must love the toils of the work more than any other man can love the rewards of it.
G. K. Chesterton
In general Yamaha takes their low-end digital console (in this case the 735), puts the guts into a mini-grand cabinet, and calls it the 765.
In the end you have their cheapest CLP model at a high price. I would not buy it.

In contrast, they take their high-end digital (in this case the 785), put the guts into a mini-grand cabinet. and call it the 795.
This is a much better piano than the 765. But not better than the 785 ... plus you pay a fortune for the mini-grand cabinet.

So if I were you I'd definitely try the 785.
Originally Posted by Ostinato
I have been looking into the 765, because I like the fact that the sound comes from the top of the instrument.
The upright models all sound a bit muffled to me. Having said that, I think I must also check out the 785, since it is in the same price range as the 765 but offers a better action and more features.

In general Yamaha takes their low-end digital console (in this case the 735), puts the guts into a mini-grand cabinet, and calls it the 765.
In the end you have their cheapest CLP model at a high price. I would not buy it.

In contrast, they take their high-end digital (in this case the 785), put the guts into a mini-grand cabinet. and call it the 795.
This is a much better piano than the 765. But not better than the 785 ... plus you pay a fortune for the mini-grand cabinet.

So if I were you I'd definitely try the 785.

Thanks! But the 765 is more than just a 735 in a nicer cabinet, isn't it? It has more than double the number of speakers and power, it has bluetooth. I'm not entirely sure, but I think it also has a better pedal and key action than the 735? What do you think of the speaker placement compared to the uprights?

Page 97 of 116 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 115 116

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Pianodisc PDS-128+ calibration
by Dalem01 - 04/15/24 04:50 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,384
Posts3,349,164
Members111,630
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission