2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Advanced Piano Tricks
Advanced Piano Tricks
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
91 members (Abdol, An Old Square, accordeur, Alex Hutor, Animisha, 36251, beeboss, ando, 19 invisible), 1,375 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
R
OP Offline
R
playplayplay! I like your user name- welcome to the forum!

There are no 'best' dust covers that I'm aware of. The lycra/spandex cover I have linked here is like every other cover I've seen, a stretchy fabric that you pull over your keyboard and secure with an elastic cord to pull it tight. It protects it from dust and to some extent, water. The only variation i've seen is for various fabric patterns.

Amazon 88 note keyboard cover

You have the right idea. I've had to take several keyboards apart due to dust that got into the contact strip. No need to replace, just clean, but it's a hassle and worrying to pull out so many screws!

Last edited by Randyman; 03/01/21 06:05 PM.

Randy
Kawai ES110/ES920, Casio CT-X5000
Flute / Alto recorder / Melodica / iPad music apps
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Hello playplayplay, welcome to the forum.

Lovely to hear that you and your wife are enjoying the ES920.

Originally Posted by playplayplay
May be someone can help us and tell us what is the best dust protection for this piano. (i have also the stand and the 3 pedals).

Kawai Europe produces two dust covers for portable/stage pianos. The "DC88 L" and DC88 XL". I believe the former should be a good match for the ES920:

https://www.thomann.de/de/kawai_dc88_l.htm

Kind regards,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
P
P
Thank you Randyman and Kawai James. I was looking for a cover that can be used with the music rest, for a more practical use.

Adult Beginner - Kawai ES920 - Pianoteq Standard -
A
A
Hi guys, I need to connect my ES920 to a MacBook Pro, which has usb C ports. What do you think about some cable like THIS one?

This cord is made for printers, it looks like it could fit the DP but I am not 100% sure, assuming both printers and DPs are usingUSB B ports.
I am also not convinced if that is suitable for music instruments as well and avoid high latency. I am actually having a hard time finding the correct cable, there seems to be nothing like "usb cable for digital pianos".

Last edited by Alfred La Fleur; 03/04/21 07:18 PM.

Kawai ES-920
Yamaha P-121
Yamaha P-90
That cable should be fine.

However, I would recommend a multi-port hub (from a reputable brand), as it will allow you to connect other devices to your MBP.

I recently bought this hub for my M1 Air.

Cheers,
James
x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
G
G
Is there a way to turn off the internal sounds of ES920 without turning off the speakers? When using the ES920 as a MIDI controller I can turn the volume off, but I'd like to use the line input at the back to get the sound from the ES920 speakers rather than the laptop speakers, but when I do that I get both the internal sound of the ES920 and the software patch playing at the same time.

Adult beginner
Kawai ES920, Yamaha Reface CP, Sennheiser HD 599 Headphones, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD Audio Interface

A
A
Originally Posted by Kawai James
That cable should be fine.

However, I would recommend a multi-port hub (from a reputable brand), as it will allow you to connect other devices to your MBP.

I recently bought this hub for my M1 Air.

Cheers,
James
x
I am not planning to connect much to the DP, except for my laptop, but thanks!

Kawai ES-920
Yamaha P-121
Yamaha P-90
E
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Originally Posted by Gustavo Guerra
Is there a way to turn off the internal sounds of ES920 without turning off the speakers? When using the ES920 as a MIDI controller I can turn the volume off, but I'd like to use the line input at the back to get the sound from the ES920 speakers rather than the laptop speakers, but when I do that I get both the internal sound of the ES920 and the software patch playing at the same time.

Gustavo, set LocalControl to off. On ES8 it is on MIDI settings of the Menu. I suppose ES920 is identical or similar.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
G
G
Originally Posted by EVC2017
Originally Posted by Gustavo Guerra

Gustavo, set LocalControl to off. On ES8 it is on MIDI settings of the Menu. I suppose ES920 is identical or similar.

Thanks, that works!

Adult beginner
Kawai ES920, Yamaha Reface CP, Sennheiser HD 599 Headphones, Behringer U-PHORIA UMC202HD Audio Interface

M
M
Hi I know there is an audio in on the es920 . Is there any way to control the volume into it? Or does it self regulate the volume would hate to damage the speakers. All it says on the specs that it is unbalanced.

thanks

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

Dexibell P7 Kawai ES110 Yamaha PSR-S770
D
dmd Offline
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by musicman100
Hi I know there is an audio in on the es920 . Is there any way to control the volume into it? Or does it self regulate the volume would hate to damage the speakers. All it says on the specs that it is unbalanced.

thanks

You control the volume-in with the volume control on the source.

You control the volume-out (internal speakers) with the volume control on the ES920.

Don

Kawai MP7SE, Focusrite 2i2 audio interface, Yamaha MG06 Mixer, KRK Classic 5 powered monitors, SennHeiser HD 559 Headphones
M
M
Thats
Originally Posted by dmd

thanks

You control the volume-out (internal speakers) with the volume control on the ES920.

Thats what I thought. Unfortunately the input is a wireless microphone and has no volume control. Its a shame it does not have an option to control it. For the price of the keyboard it should do really.

https://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/musicman

Dexibell P7 Kawai ES110 Yamaha PSR-S770
E
EPW Offline
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
E
Thats
Originally Posted by dmd

thanks

Thats what I thought. Unfortunately the input is a wireless microphone and has no volume control. Its a shame it does not have an option to control it. For the price of the keyboard it should do really.

I know it is an extra cost but this exists:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/841966-REG/Sescom_SES_MKP_31_SES_MKP_31_Professional_Single_Channel_1_4.html/?ap=y&ap=y&smp=y&smp=y&lsft=BI%3A514&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6dTuyPWe7wIVK_bjBx1RYQ-iEAQYASABEgJ_iPD_BwE

Should solve your problem laugh

All these years playing and I still consider myself a novice.
A
A
First timer here!

Currently waiting on my Kawai ES520 that is backordered for more than 4 months. How is the current situation of the digital piano distribution coming along in general, especially for Kawai?

I'm probably getting pretty impatient because of the long wait time, and I don't have any answers other than the given notification date. As far as I know, my upcoming date to get an update on the backordered item I purchased is on March 21, 2021. It might be possible that my backorder may get pushed into May.

P
P
I checked several popular online retailers daily for a couple of weeks and found one at Sweetwater last week. It arrives this week. I think they had 3 and I got the 2nd one. None there right now but they now have a notify option for it. Worth checking a few places frequently even if you're on a waitlist.

I'm also getting the GFP-3 triple pedal but that's a special order so I don't know when it will arrive.

Last edited by Pacific42; 03/07/21 06:50 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Asperatology
First timer here!

Currently waiting on my Kawai ES520 that is backordered for more than 4 months. How is the current situation of the digital piano distribution coming along in general, especially for Kawai?

I'm probably getting pretty impatient because of the long wait time, and I don't have any answers other than the given notification date. As far as I know, my upcoming date to get an update on the backordered item I purchased is on March 21, 2021. It might be possible that my backorder may get pushed into May.

wow, you beat me !
I'm waiting an ES920 on order for 3 months now...
But that's not only Kawai : the music store doesn't have Roland and Yamaha Dp's anymore

P
P
To be clear, I wasn't on a waitlist. I just checked several sites each day for a few weeks.

Online Content
Originally Posted by Asperatology
How is the current situation of the digital piano distribution coming along in general, especially for Kawai?

My Kawai dealer doesn't have any information on when they will be available. But of course he can reserve my spot in line if I pay up front. Sweetwater said they should have the ES520 in mid-February so I signed up for the 'notify me', but never got notified, probably because they already had their allotment sold.

If you are a YouTube reviewer, you have seem to have no issues getting one wink.

R
R
Wow, and I was aggravated at my (only) two month wait (so far)!

D
D
Good news : I emailed Kawai France, they've replied that the ES920 should arrive this week !

Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Factory silent options
by Gombessa - 01/26/22 11:23 AM
History of Yamaha U1 price
by VeritasNL - 01/26/22 10:25 AM
Where to find a concert grand to play
by Keyburn - 01/26/22 08:42 AM
17th Adilia Alieva International Music Competition
by Alex-Peter - 01/26/22 06:21 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics211,362
Posts3,164,087
Members104,170
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2022 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission