2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
56 members (CaseyVancouver, accordeur, brdwyguy, Beansparrow, BlakeOR, c++, 11 invisible), 427 guests, and 417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3089662 03/05/21 06:34 PM
L
Lokey21 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi all, I’m currently in search for an upright within the £4-5k range. I was initially torn between the Yamaha B2 and Kawai K200, but the dealer has introduced a new contender, the Fridolin Schimmel F121T to the mix... I’ve read up about the Fridolin range and understand where it’s built etc, but there’s not many reviews or videos online for it.... anyone can offer any first hand experience of the instrument, and can offer their take on how the F121T compares to the B2 or K200? Many thanks smile

Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member

Last edited by Carey; 03/05/21 08:36 PM.

Mason and Hamlin BB - 91640
Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/pianophilo
And the specs for the Yamaha B2 (Note: Yamaha tends to be a bit more vague about their specs than other builders.)

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/produc..._pianos/b_series/specs.html#product-tabs

Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Where in the UK are you?

Currently working towards "Twinkle twinkle little star"
L
Lokey21 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Carey, appreciate the effort pulling all those links together. I’ve actually spent a lot of time looking at the specs, but was wondering if anyone had personal experiences playing the Fridolin F121T, or went for the Fridolin over the other two?

L
Lokey21 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by PhilipInChina
Where in the UK are you?

In Leeds 🙂

R
R
Here’s a comparison with Schimmel

Originally Posted by Lokey21
Thank you Carey, appreciate the effort pulling all those links together. I’ve actually spent a lot of time looking at the specs, but was wondering if anyone had personal experiences playing the Fridolin F121T, or went for the Fridolin over the other two?
Have YOU played all three yourself?

Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
L
Lokey21 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by Carey

I've played the B2, but not the K200/Fridolin. Context - UK's still under lockdown and therefore piano showrooms are still not open to the public. I was enquiring about the B2 but dealers were suggesting Fridolin/K200 due to various offers and stock availability.

I've played the B2, but not the K200/Fridolin. Context - UK's still under lockdown and therefore piano showrooms are still not open to the public. I was enquiring about the B2 but dealers were suggesting Fridolin/K200 due to various offers and stock availability.
What were your impressions of the B2?

Last edited by Carey; 03/06/21 12:32 PM.

Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
G
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
G
Just a quick sanity check on UK prices seems to make that K200/Fridolin comparison a bit odd. From what I can see you can almost get a K500 for the price of that Fridolin, even a K300 would be substantially cheaper.

Just a quick sanity check on UK prices seems to make that K200/Fridolin comparison a bit odd. From what I can see a K300 would actually be cheaper the the Fridolin and it's a *much* better piano than the K200.

Originally Posted by gwing
Just a quick sanity check on UK prices seems to make that K200/Fridolin comparison a bit odd. From what I can see you can almost get a K500 for the price of that Fridolin, even a K300 would be substantially cheaper.

Just a quick sanity check on UK prices seems to make that K200/Fridolin comparison a bit odd. From what I can see a K300 would actually be cheaper the the Fridolin and it's a *much* better piano than the K200.
And at 48 inches tall, the K300 is more in the same league as the Fridolin compared to the other two.

Kawai K-500 Upright
Kawai CA-65 Digital
L
Lokey21 Offline OP
OP Offline
L
You’re both right! When I first started out looking I was set on either a B2 or K200. Since both models currently had a long wait time the dealer introduced the Fridolin, initially the 116 which would have been a better comparison to the B2 and K200 I suppose... but the f121T was only £150 more so it felt like a good option. Some sites have said the F121T is a good alternative to the U1 or K300...

The issue I guess is that because of lockdown I’m unable to try it... but if anyone’s had any experience playing it and can share if it is indeed more akin to a K300 then it would be a very attractive option.

I currently use a Roland FP4 and have not owned a real piano for nearly 20 years 😭 so even a B1 would be God sent... but my daughter is now grade 1 and I’d like her to play a decent real piano for the years to come, so this is as much for her as it is for me

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommend me a trouble-free Garritan CFX computer!
by Gombessa - 04/21/21 08:12 PM
Which one do you like - ABRSM vs RCM??
by Pikka - 04/21/21 06:35 PM
Sauter o Bechstein
by Luis Miguel - 04/21/21 05:57 PM
Pricing information for new Steinway/Yamaha?
by lct14558 - 04/21/21 04:10 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,455
Posts3,085,112
Members101,266
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission