2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
51 members (CodySean, brdwyguy, accordeur, CaseyVancouver, 11 invisible), 463 guests, and 422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
H
hamid j Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
Hi

I want to buy my first DP and start learning so i'm stuck between choosing these two models:

Yamaha CLP-635
Korg G1 air

it is not the matter of price (the price diff here is something around 150-200$)

I am confused to choose which

i tested Korg G1 air and really enjoy it, i also tested CLP-625 but to me Korg was better
But i have no idea about CLP-635

Last edited by hamid j; 03/02/21 10:28 AM.
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 148
O
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
O
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 148
You've answered your own Question.

I really like my Korg G1.

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
H
hamid j Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by OU812
You've answered your own Question.

I really like my Korg G1.

Thanks for your reply
I want to know is 120-Polyphony enough or it may be on the edge???

Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 233
M
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 233
For a beginner I'd say it's more than enough and even into the intermediate stage with the pedaling it wouldn't be a deal breaker so you'll be good.

One thing I'd advice you to consider is the key action. Try an acoustic upright if you can and see how the two digital pianos compare against it. I myself do like my C1 Air action however I believe GH3 is closer in heaviness to a "typical" upright.

Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
H
hamid j Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by meghdad
For a beginner I'd say it's more than enough and even into the intermediate stage with the pedaling it wouldn't be a deal breaker so you'll be good.

One thing I'd advice you to consider is the key action. Try an acoustic upright if you can and see how the two digital pianos compare against it. I myself do like my C1 Air action however I believe GH3 is closer in heaviness to a "typical" upright.

Thanks for your advice Dadash laugh

With my experience level I'm not sure even the key action diff would be tangible :))

Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 233
M
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 233
I am mokhless ;-p

It does has an effect on the perceived musical feel however it's a personal matter. I have the C1 Air and even though the action is satisfactory, I'd rather play a more stiff and heavier action like the Samick uprights that I play at my class. You know, the feeling of actually raising a hammer is second to none.

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 202
As above, you like it so go for it.

Ignore all the pointless technicalities - don't even bother asking if they matter - you really won't notice, whatever they are.
If you like the feel and the sounds and the functions 90% (nothing is perfect), then any delay is unnecessary.

A professional pianist might (only might) notice these things, but they wouldn't be asking for choice confirmation on here smile

some other people will like it, some won't, but they won't be playing it, you will.

Get it bought and start playing :P


‘A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth’ – Albert Einstein
Roland FP30 in white
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
H
hamid j Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
H
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by meghdad
I am mokhless ;-p

It does has an effect on the perceived musical feel however it's a personal matter. I have the C1 Air and even though the action is satisfactory, I'd rather play a more stiff and heavier action like the Samick uprights that I play at my class. You know, the feeling of actually raising a hammer is second to none.


Originally Posted by Lillith
As above, you like it so go for it.

Ignore all the pointless technicalities - don't even bother asking if they matter - you really won't notice, whatever they are.
If you like the feel and the sounds and the functions 90% (nothing is perfect), then any delay is unnecessary.

A professional pianist might (only might) notice these things, but they wouldn't be asking for choice confirmation on here smile

some other people will like it, some won't, but they won't be playing it, you will.

Get it bought and start playing :P

Thanks friends for your tips and guidance
so my choose would be Korg G1 Air

Thanks again


Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommend me a trouble-free Garritan CFX computer!
by Gombessa - 04/21/21 08:12 PM
Which one do you like - ABRSM vs RCM??
by Pikka - 04/21/21 06:35 PM
Sauter o Bechstein
by Luis Miguel - 04/21/21 05:57 PM
Pricing information for new Steinway/Yamaha?
by lct14558 - 04/21/21 04:10 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,455
Posts3,085,112
Members101,266
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter | MapleStreetMusicShop.com - Our store in Cornish Maine


© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5