2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
40 members (EB5AGV, Dave Horne, CyberGene, Firebirdie, clothearednincompo, Bett, David B, Beansparrow, 6 invisible), 428 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I
Ido Offline
I
It seems I'm not familiar with most of the pieces here, which makes it even more of a treat. Superb recital.

21. JustinDAggie - Song Without Words, "Passion" (Agitato) Op. 38 No. 5
Great, energetic performance of a challenging piece!

22. Maira713 - Egyptian Ballet Dance
Nice piece, very impressive playing for one month. Do you study with a teacher?
Just make sure to acquire the correct technique, as it seems you keep your fingers in the air most of the time (it still looks far better than my hands after a month smile )

23. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Summer Evening Waltz Op. 1
Great piece which I wasn't familiar with. Great playing and tone - very warm and bell like at the same time.
One thing I can say, which might sound a bit opaque - I felt like the music mostly stayed in the background, and didn't demand too much
from me as a listener. As if I were listening to it in a lounge. I felt like the interpretation could use a bit more turbulence, or drama.
But it's truly a great performance, very impressive.

24. vte - Character piece Op 46 No 12
What an interesting piece. It sounds like you have great musicality but you struggle with it technically, which is to be expected, as it sounds like it's grade 8 or something.
I suggest going slower (or better still, giving it a year or two and try something more level appropriate).

25. Snejana - August Sun
It really delivers the feel of summer sun. It sounds great.
I think a slower tempo could help in making it more manageable (in terms of evenness) without compromising the musicality.
But still, I enjoyed it very much, thank you!

26. JB_PW (Jen) - Gedenkblatt, Op 138 No 7
I like how all the notes are clear, and the harmony is delivered to the listener in tact. Great piece and playing.

27. dumka1 - Nocturne Op. 9 no. 2
Yes, it is overplayed, but you didn't fall into all the cliches that became synonymous with this piece. I like the choice of tempo and dynamics. Great job.

28. QuasiUnaFantasia - Five piano pieces op. 3,5: "Alfedans"
Wow, great piece, very interesting. I think your playing contributes a lot to that. Very musical! Listened four times and had to stop myself because it's getting late smile

Started playing piano in early 2017.
Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
(ad)
Piano & Music Accessories
piano accessories music gifts tuning and moving equipment
8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
41 Talao

I always thought of this as "The Walking Song" and I still love it! So quirky for those days; great job on your U3.

42 Andres Vel

Wonderful for 8 months. I'd find that a real challenge; Bach always is. Ticks along like a clock.

43 SamS

Not heard that before. It's lovely and you bring out the melody, the sweetness, what's not to like?
Thanks so much Sam for all you do here.

44 BsharpCyclist

Blimey! Pull your piano a bit closer, man! Love the woolly hat. And the crisp playing; you're nearly there with this!. A nice piece which I've managed to have a go at in the distant past. Well done!

45 Zoe

You did well on this far from easy piece and a brilliant ending!.

46 facdo

Hey, what a superb sound from that piano! Beautiful tone, and the playing wasn't half bad either; some difficult stuff in there! Super!

47 AssociateX

I can see you're working methodically through this; you've mastered the hard bits and now the finishing line is in sight . . .

48 Piano Primo

Y'know, that blew me away. I've took a not of that song in order to buy it. Your playing was sweet; the melody demanded it. You delivered and so did your piano with the VST. A most excellent digital with a not dissimilar sound to that of Mr. Facdo 3 doors up.

49 Calavara

Powerful and sweet. A great mixture! Good sound, I was waiting for the rest!

A big thank you to everyone. I enjoyed everything here and hope it continues for . . . .ever!
Cheers Sam! 'Bye Guys . . . .

"I am not a man. I am a free number"

"[Linked Image]"
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
40. Greta99 - Gai Printemps, Impromptu, Op. 11 no. 1 The new-to-me pieces just keep coming - what a treat. Greta, that was very pretty and you managed to capture the essence of spring with your delicate touch.

41. Talao - March in D Major (BWV Anh. 122) Your second Recital entry, and I really enjoyed your performance. You did well handling the faster tempo - and I liked your bow at the end. thumb

42. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 4 in D minor (BWV 775) You’ve travelled a remarkable distance in just 8 months, and you have every reason to be proud of your progress. Well done!

43. Sam S - Song Without Words op 67-3 I enjoyed that Song, and the pace you set - it WAS tranquil. The video with your annotated sheets was interesting: don’t you just love being able to mark in absolutely everything without permanently damaging the page? smile

44. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Piano Sonata No. 8 (Pathetique), II. Adagio cantabile One of my all-time favourites, Dan, and what a marvellous, polished performance. Bravo!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXI

My C3 - solace. And joy.
I
Ido Offline
I
29. jamiecw - Douce Reverie: No.21 from Album pour infants Op.39
Beautiful piece and wonderful playing! Super musical

30. rwsavory - Les Barricades Mysterieuses
Very nice piece, I like the tempo choice and tone.

31. Purrblast - Little Prelude in E Major (BWV 937)
Excellent performance, very clear voices and execution. Liked it very much!

32. PikaPianist - Valse Lente
Perfect. I love it! Wonderful performance!

33. ShiroKuro - September Song
I like your taste in music! Lovely playing, thank you!

34. Peter Hontaru - Traumerei
Great and musical playing of this challenging piece!

35. Jason Lenthe - Sonata in D Major K 430
Very crisp and clear, sounds great!

36. barbaram - Evgeni's Waltz
I did not really bond with the piece itself, but I gotta say the playing is very good. Great phrasing and touch, voicing. Really good.

Please check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
500 Post Club Member
45. Zoe - Tantalizing Tango A bright little piece - well-controlled dynamics really made it sparkle. Congratulations on your first ABF Recital.

46. facdo - Fugue No.2 in C Minor, BWV 847 It may be one of the ‘easier’ Fugues, but ’easiness’ is all relative! Your hard work certainly paid off, you did a great job on this. (And thanks for adding the score to the video - I love following along.)

47. AssociateX (Liz) - Nocturne Op. 48 # 1 in C minor Very dark and dramatic. You’ve described it as 'a work in progress’ but as presented, that progress was really impressive!

48. Piano_Primo - Winter Light I listened to your earlier submission too, and felt this was a more sensitive and polished rendition than the original. So, some good feedback from me.

49. Calavera - Title Back (Bland Logo) Unfamiliar pieces just keep coming. This one was a pleasant surprise, you rounded off Recital 61 with a flourish.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]XXXVIII-LXI

My C3 - solace. And joy.
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
A breif thank you for positive feedback... Really impressive players...
01. Ido - Kinderszenen Op.15 No.1 Impressively played , touch hand dynamics were heard well and recording is professional.

02. JJHLH - Prelude in B Major, Op. 2 No. 2 Nice delicate piece , albeit short ...well played . Who is the painter of art in the video... the watercolor acrylic? liked that also?

03. Flygbladet - Fractured thoughts of what never was Sounds contemplative, and like a soundtrack of a movie...maybe a movie that never was? Clean -clear recording.

04. Cesare San Martino - Marklings - Courante from French Suite #3 in B Minor Really challenging piece to play. A lot of [to me] unchained or not well connected phrases that make the whole of the piece. You played them well. Impressive recording too.

05. Peyton - Melody truly a sweet moving melody - melody line really is more effective in heartfelt pieces.- I really liked this. Kudos to you!

06. Ganddalf - Nocturno Yes it is very, delicate and moving. Well played and recorded.

07. MarieJ - Gnossienne No.2 Beautiful , Satie must be abstract, always makes me feel somewhat in a gothic like mind state. Well played, recorded ... and enjoyed this piece.

08. KevinM - Sonata in C Major, Second Movement K545 First, really dig that piano. And video style. All else is just, well done . Enjoyed this short and quickly built trinkling melody that goes on after what sounds like a false ending.

09. peterws - Jesu joy Wow, you can really feel the piece in your heart. Great piano sound...and embellishments of the piece.

10. wouter79 - op.45 sailor's song (n.14) and sternness (n.12) Well I think you got a pretty good memory! I'd have to hear this maybe aolt of x's to even recognize it again. Amazing playtime and playing.

11. pianist685 (Constantin) - Ragtime Nightingale Impressive well played and fine even touch. Enjoyed the piece .

12. Rich D. - The Sunken Cathedral I love this somber quailty , haunting ghost like chamber sound.- The first time I heard this piece, on here maybe in 2013 ...I swore I heard the Mass bells at the very beginning, but when I went back to re-listen ..no, I didn't hear them again. Anyway quite a challenging piece that you played well. Great bass sound, and dynamics.

13. Tim Adrianson - Eight Variations on "Shalom Chaverim" Well played moving themes-phrases and changing tempos Certainly can't get stuck at one mood. Enjoyed the listen.

14. Ruth CM - Of Foreign Lands and People (Kinderszenen Op.15 No.1) Nice...clean crisp playing even touch . Enjoyable mild melody .

15. navindra (Navindra Umanee) - Gymnopedie No. 1 Beautifully played piece, clear even and well timed. Lends a sad and somber quality, but it's really (I've read) about Greek athletes in a gym.

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Nocturne Op 62 No 1 Well , excellently played, moving , and a daunting (from sad to energized...contemplative ...) feel to the mood of the piece. Enjoyed the listen.

17. psyche23 (Edwin) - Forgotten Melodies 1, Op. 38 No. 8 'Alla Reminiscenza' Excelelent playing and dynamics , professional sounding recording- and trills.

18. Ted Jones - Temporal Lobe Vortex (conclusion) Interesting it moves uh everywhere. Cool piece. Abstract. Nice piano sound.

19. selfishplayer - Nocturne Op. 32 No. 2 in A-flat Major I've not heard anything to compare this to, certainly a challenge. Maybe heavy on the sustain pedal? um and a lighter touch in areas. But still I liked the piece for it's challenging aspect. Nice piano. too.

20. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road I liked this ... was moving to me , and I like the stuffed animals in the video too. smile

21. JustinDAggie - Song Without Words, "Passion" (Agitato) Op. 38 No. 5 Impressive piano and playing .

22. Maira713 - Egyptian Ballet Dance Cool piece... was this in the "Ten Commandements"? ot "The king and I' If it wasn't ...sure was similar to the dancing servant maids' scene . Nice piece and well played.

23. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Summer Evening Waltz Op. 1 Holy wooo! Great Playing... timing and everything sounded perfect!

24. vte - Character piece Op 46 No 12 Well it is certianly a difficult piece. Sounds to be fine playing. ...Enjoyed the piece.

[b]25. Snejana - August Sun
It is splendid. Wonderful sound to the piano and exact touch . Enjoyed the listen.

26. JB_PW (Jen) - Gedenkblatt, Op 138 No 7 Nice melody and playing . even touch and recorded well. Enjoyed the listen.

27. dumka1 - Nocturne Op. 9 no. 2 Good acoustic sound ,,, but you say it is a pre-rehearsal piece right now , but enjoyed the listen.

28. QuasiUnaFantasia - Five piano pieces op. 3,5: "Alfedans" fine playing ...the piece seems deep, and romantic, not elfish or Gnomish at all IMHO. (__I think people really do believe in Gnomes in the Nederlands) me too! . Superb piano sound and touch.

29. jamiecw - Douce Reverie: No.21 from Album pour infants Op.39 Excellent recording and playing , delicate thoughtful piece , . Clear clean sound also. Enjoyed the listen.

30. rwsavory - Les Barricades Mysterieuses Hmm , nice playing , slight pauses in the playing, here and there and see-sawish or boat sway kind of melody.. But I liked it ... Thanks!

31. Purrblast - Little Prelude in E Major (BWV 937) All melody from 3 octaves. Quick and steady hands yet...relaxed. Inspiring! nice sound ...

32. PikaPianist - Valse Lente Now this is quite a piece, soft and moving....romance consummated.... the afterglow soft music in the approaching dawn.

33. ShiroKuro - September Song Soft flowing emotional piece. that gently lifts the listener to a place of solitude... Doesn't seem to be jazz- to me- anyway. Nice piano .

34. Peter Hontaru - Traumerei This would seem to be a very challenging piece to play... maybe would take over a year or more to refine.. So, impressive you're doing this so well. Nice piano too!.

35. Jason Lenthe - Sonata in D Major K 430 I like the movement of this piece played so well. Impressive piano. (wonder how hot the girls were back then?) a little humor.

36. barbaram - Evgeni's Waltz NIcely played,,, sounds a little like a Beatles piece in the begining too. Well played recorded -enjoyed this.

37. Rachtoven - Chopin Preludes 7 and 20 Well done and played [last year] --- nice ambience-chorus.... to this recording .

38. winterflower - Light through the Trees The single ray symbolised by the singular notes of the melody , infrequent chords ..enchanting and moving improv .... Well played.

39. Mosotti - Etude in A minor, Op. 27 No. 3 Well done ,,, dizzying video.... I used to like running in circles as a kid though too. And have back problems here too! Anyway... enjoyable.

40. Greta99 - Gai Printemps, Impromptu, Op. 11 no. 1 Nice crisp sound to this piece, Rapidly played strong touch exact dynamics soft when needed, and enjoyable to listen .

41. Talao - March in D Major (BWV Anh. 122) Nice even touch ...sound and playing.

42. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 4 in D minor (BWV 775) alot of contrasting movements ... wow impressive. piece .

43. Sam S - Song Without Words op 67-3 Nice piano sound, smooth playing.

44. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Piano Sonata No. 8 (Pathetique), II. Adagio cantabile Well played , enjoyed this piece.

45. Zoe - Tantalizing Tango nice evenly play and good recording.

46. facdo - Fugue No.2 in C Minor, BWV 847 Well played ...enjoyed this.

47. AssociateX (Liz) - Nocturne Op. 48 # 1 in C minor Impressive, somber feel, even touch and tempo . noir ambience , Enjoyed this video and recording.

48. Piano_Primo - Winter Light me .

49. Calavera - Title Back (Bland Logo) Wow , quite a ethereal start... good piano and recording ... Enjoyed the piece . Nice playing.

B
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
B
16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Nocturne Op 62 No 1

I haven't heard this before, but it was a pleasure to listen. I really enjoyed it! And the recording sounds very clear and clean, where do you place your Zoom H2N?

17. psyche23 (Edwin) - Forgotten Melodies 1, Op. 38 No. 8 'Alla Reminiscenza'

This was fantastic too. Well played!

18. Ted Jones - Temporal Lobe Vortex (conclusion)

Nothing normal about being normal. Keep posting you!

19. selfishplayer - Nocturne Op. 32 No. 2 in A-flat Major

Lot's of defects and problems ... Where? Haven't heard this Nocturne either, but I enjoyed it smile

20. Serge88 - The Long And Winding Road

Fun video to watch! The elf freaks me out though ... Do you have a camera mounted from the ceiling?

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]
6000 Post Club Member
6000 Post Club Member
Ido, piano_primo, Rachtoven thank you for the nice compliments!!

MarieJ, thank you for your comments!! Yes, this piece was much harder than I expected it to be. But if I came close to capturing the "Ffrench sound" then I'm very pleased!

BTW, for those of you who commented on my comment about jazz... I didn't mean to imply that September Song sounds or is jazzy. But when playing this song, I didn't really play it as written, and there are numerous parts where the same chord is played but voiced differently, or the same theme is played with just a slight variation. And there are lots of chords that are played across both hands, or the thumbs pick up something from the other hand's part. I am used to reading from the score and being able to "see" the way the music should sound. But I could not "see" this music when looking at the score, it was just really challenging. And also, I am used to playing as written, but I didn't (couldn't?) do that for this piece. And as a whole, all those details made it much harder than I expected. So I imagine that jazz would be even harder, esp. given that you don't depend on a score, and so I should probably avoid it! whome

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
J
J
Originally Posted by piano_primo
02. JJHLH - Prelude in B Major, Op. 2 No. 2 Nice delicate piece , albeit short ...well played . Who is the painter of art in the video... the watercolor acrylic? liked that also?

Thanks! I made the painting on my iPad. One of my many hobbies haha.

Yamaha N1X, P-515.
Genelec 8331 monitors and 7350 sub.
VI’s: Garritan CFX, VSL Bösendorfer Upright, and VSL Blüthner 1895. Pianoteq.
T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by piano_primo
18. Ted Jones - Temporal Lobe Vortex (conclusion) Interesting it moves uh everywhere. Cool piece. Abstract. Nice piano sound.

Thanks for listening, I am nothing if not abstract. I still like my rebuilt Weinbach, which I bought new in 1971. The tuning drifts slightly in the treble with hot weather but not enough to worry me.

Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist
18. Ted Jones - Temporal Lobe Vortex (conclusion)
Nothing normal about being normal. Keep posting you!

Agreed, in art we just have to be ourselves and leave it to others to argue about our normality.

"We shall always love the music of the masters, but they are all dead and now it's our turn." - Llewelyn Jones, my piano teacher
I
Ido Offline
I
37. Rachtoven - Chopin Preludes 7 and 20
I liked both preludes, great sound from the piano, and the interpretation is very musical!

38. winterflower - Light through the Trees
Interesting improve! I like the melodies you came up with. Especially the ones in the bass which seem to talk to/answer/complement the ones in the right hand. Great job!

39. Mosotti - Etude in A minor, Op. 27 No. 3
Honestly - I didn't like the piece... I think one probably needs to by very technically proficient to make it half interesting. I think your playing is great, it's just a matter of taste smile

40. Greta99 - Gai Printemps, Impromptu, Op. 11 no. 1
Nice piece, great playing.

41. Talao - March in D Major (BWV Anh. 122)
Great tone and phrasing. Voices are very clear and the dynamics are good. Very impressive.
Only point to notice is after the trill - you rush a bit to play the tonic note, as if the trill threw you off balance. You can take your time there a bit. Great job, very enjoyable.

42. AndresVel - Two-Part Inventions, No. 4 in D minor (BWV 775)
Your level after 8 months is just unbelievable. The voices are very clear, and so are the ornaments. And your technique looks very good and relaxed. Really superb.
Since you've achieved such level so fast, I'll allow myself to comment about more advanced stuff that you can employ:
I think the rhythm is a bit too strict, I think you can linger on some notes and play a bit with the dynamics, to emphasize certain notes. Bach uses very long phrases, and,
just like speech, a phrase makes more sense to the listener when there are variations in level and emphasis.
Same for the ending - you can build a bit towards it, so that it doesn't feel like the piece just suddenly ended.
Looking forward to your next submissions.

43. Sam S - Song Without Words op 67-3
This is really great. You've really got the phrasing and dynamics to a new level. Superb, masterful implementation and you can be proud of it.

44. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Piano Sonata No. 8 (Pathetique), II. Adagio cantabile
Very enjoyable listen. The piano sounds great, the bass especially. The transition around 2:40 is really a high moment which grabs the listener by the ear. Great job!

45. Zoe - Tantalizing Tango
Nice piece with a heavy latin feel. Good dynamic contrast and clear lines. I could see people dancing to that smile

46. facdo - Fugue No.2 in C Minor, BWV 847
This is a great achievement! The dynamics are great. The main thing to improve is the evenness but I'm sure it will come as you continue working on it.

47. AssociateX (Liz) - Nocturne Op. 48 # 1 in C minor
Wow. So full of expression. Full of details and nuances. What a big sound... Polishing aside, you play every note like you mean it, which makes all the difference for me.

48. Piano_Primo - Winter Light
Beautiful. I enjoyed it.

49. Calavera - Title Back (Bland Logo)
This ended too fast! I wanted more smile Really interesting piece and lovely playing as always.

Thank you all for a great recital!

R
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
R
Originally Posted by Sam S

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, so much! You are very generous with your time and expertise. I really appreciate it.

Now, to address the elephant in the room. I saw that you performed on a C3!!!!!!!! Where is the Bechstein? shocked Are you opening a piano teaching studio and now need two pianos to support your new teaching career? thumb Did Tootles take the Bechstein away from you? cry Tell us the story! smile

Ralph

Kawai VPC1
Garritan CFX
Pianist since April, 2015
A
A
Thank you very much ShiroKuro, Peyton, Rachtoven, peterws, MarieJ, piano_primo, and Ido for your lovely comments and suggestions. I am very glad that you enjoyed my submission and really appreciate your encouragement and feedback :))

Originally Posted by ShiroKuro
Nice job on this! Every time I hear an Invention in these recitals I want to return to working on them. Maybe someday. smile
You should give them a try again! They are so fun to learn IMO smile

Originally Posted by Ido
I think the rhythm is a bit too strict, I think you can linger on some notes and play a bit with the dynamics, to emphasize certain notes. Bach uses very long phrases, and,
just like speech, a phrase makes more sense to the listener when there are variations in level and emphasis.
Same for the ending - you can build a bit towards it, so that it doesn't feel like the piece just suddenly ended.
Looking forward to your next submissions.
Thank you Ido for your feedback and kind words. I think I understand what you mean. This was one of the things discussed on this piece in the last piano lesson I had before the recital submission deadline. I had prepared a version of the invention with a bit (or a lot in my case) of what you describe for that piano lesson, but ended up getting a way too romantic version of it. I am still trying to find that fine line. Luckily I like the invention a lot so I will have no issue in keep working on it :))

Originally Posted by Rachtoven
This is an amazing performance for having played only 8 months. I’m sure you will pick up speed as you play this more and will find the trills easier to play with time.
Thank you Rachtoven. I will do smile I would still like to speed up the piece a bit more with consistence.

Last edited by AndresVel; 02/23/21 05:43 PM.

Lisztomaniac, inspired adult beginner, Scarlatti fan
Sabel S123 (Tucan), and Kawai CA49. Previously: Casio PX-S1000
What I have been learning
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Ralphiano
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, so much! You are very generous with your time and expertise. I really appreciate it.

Now, to address the elephant in the room. I saw that you performed on a C3!!!!!!!! Where is the Bechstein? shocked Are you opening a piano teaching studio and now need two pianos to support your new teaching career? thumb Did Tootles take the Bechstein away from you? cry Tell us the story! smile

I pretty much wore the 1927 Bechstein out. I got a 1987 C3 that was almost never played. Kept two pianos for awhile until I could sell the Bechstein. No, I am not teaching... My student teaching was enough! I'm sure the C3 will be my last piano - it will outlast me!

Sam

D
D
Here are some very brief comments from me on the first 12 submissions. It's hard for me to give technical feedback on the pieces I've never played, so they're mostly just impressions.

01. Ido - Kinderszenen Op.15 No.1.
Wonderful! My daughter played this piece recently, so I’m very (not to say too) familiar with it. I loved the tempo and dynamics variation, very expressive and tasteful.

02. JJHLH - Prelude in B Major, Op. 2 No. 2.
I’m just discovering Scriabin (started working on some of his Op. 11 preludes) and wasn’t familiar with this prelude. Very well done!

03. Flygbladet - Fractured thoughts of what never was.
I loved the mood of this piece, indeed very contemplative and evocative.

04. Cesare San Martino - Marklings - Courante from French Suite #3 in B Minor
I love Bach and enjoyed this performance. The ornaments are very nice.

05. Peyton - Melody
Very enjoyable. Some parts of it reminded me of one of Mendelssohn’s Songs Without Words (which I love, so it’s a compliment!).

06. Ganddalf – Nocturno.
A very interesting piece, beautifully played. More romantic than what I expected from de Falla, but I don’t know his works very well. Really well done!

07. MarieJ - Gnossienne No.2
You did succeed in capturing the mood of the piece, in my opinion; very nice playing!

08. KevinM - Sonata in C Major, Second Movement K545
So clean and elegant. Great job.

09. peterws - Jesu joy.
Great, it was a pleasure to listen to!

10. wouter79 - op.45 sailor's song (n.14) and sternness (n.12).
I love your devotion to Heller, his etudes indeed are gems. I liked both pieces a lot, very well played.

11. pianist685 (Constantin) - Ragtime Nightingale
I'm mostly a classical music lover but I do have a soft spot for ragtimes, this was very enjoyable.

12. Rich D. - The Sunken Cathedral
I think you captured the mood of this challenging piece very well. Wonderful.

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I wanted to show my appreciation for positive and motivational comments on my piece. Even if it was in the truest sense, " only an act of kindness ", it was at the right time.
I've had to tackle a medical obstacle and although not through the forest, the sense of well being from reading these comments surly did a good turn for me. Yet, I still have a road ahead.
I wanted to say a -big thank you.
I know I am what's called a "wanna-be" pianist. I really only practice at quarterly recital time for 2 weeks. That's not... uh... an... authentic pianist in any sense IMHO. But unfortunately work and the rest have time that are heavy. and circumstances now prevent other goals. SO, Again Thank you!

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Hey folks, if your performance was on Vimeo or YouTube, I've already liked, subscribed, and commented directly on each one.

It's been super fun to listen to all your performances so far and also highly inspirational for me. I really love the variety and individuality of each performance. Bravo!

I've listened to some of the other performances and look forward to enjoying the rest... will comment directly here. smile

And thank you, Sam!

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Just a quick "thank you" to all the great folks that took time to comment on the pieces. And I really appreciate all the kind comments on my piece. I wish I had the musical knowledge as well as more time to really comment in depth on each piece but if nothing else I just wanted everyone to know that I did listen and really enjoyed all of them. I've been part of this recital for quite a while now and I continue to be blown away by the talent. I don't know if everyone is just getting better or if finer pianists are joing the recital but it's starting to sound more and more professional. Cheers.

S
S
Sorry for arriving late. Did I miss anything? Here are my first few comments on those pieces I’ve found to stand out...

01. Ido - Kinderszenen Op.15 No.1
Well done! Nice touch and nice dynamics.

09. peterws - Jesu joy
Maybe a hiccup or two, but your performance was well done. As always your touch and tone are very nice!

10. wouter79 - op.45 sailor's song (n.14) and sternness (n.12)
Nice job on both. Ready for Op 16 yet? 🙂

11. pianist685 (Constantin) - Ragtime Nightingale
Excellent! I enjoyed your performance very much.

14. Ruth CM - Of Foreign Lands and People (Kinderszenen Op.15 No.1)
Beautiful recording and performance. Well done!

16. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Nocturne Op 62 No 1
Just beautiful, Ellen! Your touch is exquisite, as always. And the timing of your introduction is—if I may adopt the lexicon of people much younger than I—dope!

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
I would as well like to thank everybody who listened to my recording and especially AndresVel, Ted, peterws, PianogrlNW, barbaram, QuasiUnaFantasia, MarieJ, Ido, Peyton, ZoeCalgary, SamS, bSharp(C)yclist, ShiroKuro, Calavera, piano_primo, dumka1 and SMA55 for their kind comments. There were quite a lot of pieces in this recital that I have recorded myself and therefore any comment of mine would not be free from bias and, thus, be inappropriate, because it would be based on my own subjective perception what these pieces should sound like.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  BB Player 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Bosendorfer VC
by wg73 - 04/20/21 03:00 AM
Excited to find Piano World forums
by SunnyKeys - 04/20/21 01:21 AM
Windows Audio Low Latency Mode in UVI Workstation
by OzarkCDN - 04/20/21 12:30 AM
First jam session tips
by Utkonos - 04/19/21 09:47 PM
Help with old hardware - MusicPad Pro Freehand
by ElmerJFudd - 04/19/21 09:22 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,404
Posts3,084,304
Members101,246
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission