From my good friend and long time Piano Forums member concert pianist Jeffrey Biegel...

[Linked Image]

===================================================
For my friends who know me, I do crazy things. But they all bring us closer together through music.

The first project in 2000 with Ellen Taaffe Zwilich covered half the US with 27 orchestras;
the next project by Charles Strouse - ‘Concerto America’, was intended to be for all 50 states, but the tragic events of 9-11 urged us to abandon the idea, as it wasn’t the right moment in history for 50 state projects.

The third project with Lowell Liebermann brought Europe into the commission with his incredible Third Piano Concerto, and, a project with William Bolcom brought Canada on board.

Even a PDQ Bach project brought an orchestra in Finland to the mix!

So, how can we celebrate the centennial of George Gershwin’s ‘Rhapsody in Blue’?
Here’s how: a 50 state project featuring a minimum of fifty orchestras performing the Gershwin rhapsody along with a new and exciting ‘Rhapsody in Red, White & Blue’ being composed by one of our most respected composers, whose name was revealed today - on the anniversary of the first performance of ‘Rhapsody in Blue’ - Peter Boyer!

And the beauty of this is, it comes fully funded. Orchestras slowly emerging from the pandemic years will not need to buy into the commissioning of the project!

50 United States - international orchestras - Europe, United Kingdom, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, South America and more. Let’s unite the world with music.

Let’s honor an iconic classic rhapsody with the birth of a new American rhapsody! Contact me for details how to join the journey! 2023-24-25-26!

propulsivemusic.com
Jeffrey Biegel and Peter Boyer announce Rhapsody in Red, White & Blue project – Peter Boyer: Propulsive Music

propulsivemusic.com/news/2021/02/10/jeffrey-biegel-and-peter-boyer-announce-rhapsody-project/