2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (brdwyguy, Carey, beeboss, Chris B, Cheeeeee, Dalem01, danno858, 11 invisible), 1,894 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 96 of 101 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 100 101
D
D
Hi Animisha, I did find the website, there are also Faber videos on youtube, they are very good demonstrations especially as I don't have a teacher at the moment.

I think its probably just excitement with being so new to the piano that is causing the speedy playing.

3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by DaddyFlyBrains
Hi Animisha, I did find the website, there are also Faber videos on youtube, they are very good demonstrations especially as I don't have a teacher at the moment.

I think its probably just excitement with being so new to the piano that is causing the speedy playing.
The risk is, as you may be aware of, that you learn bad technique that you later need to unlearn. But very good that you are watching those videos!

Playing the piano is learning to create, playfully and deeply seriously, our own music in the world.
... feeling like the pianist on the Titanic ...
K
K
Hello all, just joined and began self-learning about 1 month ago (02Jan2021). I started with zero experience with Piano or theory, other than what I've picked up over the last month with flowkey.

My first purchase was flowkey and it seems to be going pretty well but I was looking for more of a structured pace that a book may provide.

I'm looking at 1 of 2 books: Level 1 - Lesson Book: Piano Adventures by Nancy Faber OR Adult Piano Adventures All-in-One Piano Course Book 1 by Nancy Faber and am unsure as to which one to begin with. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

02JAN2021: Alesis Recital Pro
22FEB2021: Roland LX705
Using flowkey, Alfred's All-in-1 L1, Faber & Sight-Reading Books
Started: JAN2021 - No Prior background in Music or Piano
KJP_65 #3078184 02/03/21 10:12 PM
Welcome, KJP_65!

As the name of the book indicates, All-In-One combines lesson, technique and theory into one book. If you go with Level 1 Lesson book, you might need to also get Theory, Technique & Artistry, and Performance Books to supplement the lesson book.

Hope this helps.

Faber Lesson Book 4/Beyer Op.101/Czerny Op. 599

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
K
K
Originally Posted by Wish4 Thing
Welcome, KJP_65!

As the name of the book indicates, All-In-One combines lesson, technique and theory into one book. If you go with Level 1 Lesson book, you might need to also get Theory, Technique & Artistry, and Performance Books to supplement the lesson book.

Hope this helps.
thanks and thanks for the welcome. I ended up getting the All-in-1 so we'll see how it goes.

02JAN2021: Alesis Recital Pro
22FEB2021: Roland LX705
Using flowkey, Alfred's All-in-1 L1, Faber & Sight-Reading Books
Started: JAN2021 - No Prior background in Music or Piano
J
J
Anyone know anything about this Foundation piano series? The description makes it seems like it would be something like a bridge between Book 1 and 2 or the Piano Adventures. I'm not really sure...

Hi Javaslinger, I think you are the 2nd person asking this question in the thread... so I went to take a look, if you are talking about this book, I don't think they are related to Piano Adventures, it's from a different publisher. It could be a good supplemental book, but I don't know.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
Self-studied Alfred Adult AIO Level 1; Faber Accelerated Lesson Book 2; Faber 3A/B
My Recordings
M
M
I'm brand new to playing the piano. Finding a local instructor for in-person lessons might take a bit due to my work schedule, so I decided to go with Faber's Adult AIO in the meantime. So far, so good (I think). I don't want to get too far ahead of things, but at what point in the course is the Adult Piano Adventures Classics Book 1 a good complement to the first book?

Welcome, Mike. I found an old post from this thread, hope this helps

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
M
M
Welcome, Mike. I found an old post from this thread, hope this helps

Thanks for the very helpful link. I should have read back a little further in this thread.

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Hello everybody. I finally got around to recording some of the recent pieces I've been working on. I decided to do the 40 Pieces a Year challenge this year to so will be double posting these in that thread as well. I recorded all of these on the Casio digital today. Comments and feedback are always welcome.

These are from the Faber All In One Book 2:

Greensleeves
Finale

These are from the Faber Piano Literature Book 1:

Canario
Procession In G
The Highlander

- Zoe

Zoe, I always enjoy your recordings! I like your dynamics so much! The Greensleeves sounds so musical!

The recordings in Literature Book are not open for sharing...

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Zoe, I always enjoy your recordings! I like your dynamics so much! The Greensleeves sounds so musical!

The recordings in Literature Book are not open for sharing...

Hi Wish4Thing, thanks for your kind words. Dynamics are my nemesis! I often record thinking I am doing proper dynamics and then I listen and I hear everything sounds the same volume! It is something I really need to work on and focus on really hard. Plus, for these last group of recordings I was using the Casio, and the feel/sound on that is very different than my acoustic piano so that was a whole other issue. But in the end it worked out ok I think.

Also, thanks for letting me know about the Literature Book not being open to the public. I fixed the settings for that. Please try again and let me know what you think. :-)

Yes, Zoe, now I can listen to your Literature Book recordings as well! Nice as always! Please keep them coming when you can so that when I get to this book, I'll use your recordings as my tutorial heartthumb

I'd love to listen to the acoustic version as well!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Yes, Zoe, now I can listen to your Literature Book recordings as well! Nice as always! Please keep them coming when you can so that when I get to this book, I'll use your recordings as my tutorial heartthumb

I'd love to listen to the acoustic version as well!

Hi Wish4Thing, thanks for listening! I do plan to keep working through this book along with the All In One. I'm flaterred you would use my recordings as a tutorial. I hope I don't make you go astray in your playing LOL! smile

In the meantime I have really been struggling with recording the pieces from the Faber Sonatina's Book 1. Below are the first 2 pieces recorded on the digital. I remember telling somebody here (I have to go back to see who that was it's been so long) that I was going to records these months ago and here they are after many attempts.

1. Sonatina In C (First Movement) Cornelius Gurlitt
2. Sonatina in C - William Duncombe

ZoeCalgary, I just listened to your sonatinas and they sound so good! I really love the Gurlitt one!

I think you spent too much time with them. Give it a couple weeks rest, and I'm sure you will realize they sound really adorable. 😍

Yamaha CLP-735. Learning piano since January 2021!
My recordings: youtube | soundcloud | recitals

Again, beautifully played! Thank you for sharing!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Maira713, saw your youtube recordings, great progress!

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
My Recordings
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Been away for awhile but the playing continues. I just recorded these today from Adult Faber Book 2:

Also continuing with other recordings as well. Feedback is always welcome.

Wow, Zoe! Great job!! The Hava Nagila is currently giving me a run for my money, I've been playing it all week and it's no where near yours! I'm pretty jealous how easy you made it sound!

Keep up the good work!

[Linked Image]
Page 96 of 101 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 100 101

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Recommended Songs for Beginners
by FreddyM - 04/16/24 03:20 PM
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,392
Posts3,349,302
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission