2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
70 members (Carey, Animisha, ambrozy, 8ude, Anglagard44, 15 invisible), 565 guests, and 534 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3072304 01/21/21 01:00 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum here. I posted elsewhere but I don't think that area gets much traffic. I've browsed occasionally going back a few years but never stopped to create an account. But I finally did so here I am grin

I wanted to share a photo of my German Seiler SE 208 that I purchased a few months back. I'm in my early 30's and with the wife's approval, I was hoping to find the grand piano for our new home that I could love for the rest of my life hopefully. After considering Shigeru Kawai and Schimmel Konzert line pianos here in Houston, I finally fell in love with this beautiful Seiler. It was really love at first play. And the fact that I had never heard of Seiler and could still be mesmerized was really something to me. Because human nature (including myself) usually tends to have bias towards brands we already know and love. So for this to unseat the Shigeru, I knew it was the right one.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/tr6HUF2aTLuTWDNU6ETo8Q.CXmG1U-EQnN1YtMn8gbP8F

Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Gold Subscriber
1000 Post Club Member
Congratulations. Great looking piano. Never played a Seiler SE208 but I bet it sounds terrific. Enjoy.

Rich

Retired at the beach
Grotrian 192

Anton Rubinstein said about the piano: "You think it is one instrument? It is a hundred instruments!"
T
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
T
Congrats!! It's such a magical experience when you find a piano that you connect with like that. I hope you and your Seiler have many happy years of playing together!

2001 Petrof 125 -> 2002 Petrof IV -> 1999 Bösendorfer 225
3000 Post Club Member
3000 Post Club Member
Congratulations, and thanks for sharing the photos! The world of premium pianos is blessed to have variety and diversity for customers to choose from.

Sam Bennett
PianoWorks - Atlanta Piano Dealer
Bösendorfer, Estonia, Seiler, Grotrian, Hailun
Pre-Owned: Yamaha, Kawai, Steinway & other fine pianos
Full Restoration Shop
www.PianoWorks.com
www.youtube.com/PianoWorksAtlanta
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you Rich, Twocats, and PianoWorks!

Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Silver Subscriber
7000 Post Club Member
Congrats! It’s amazing that keeping an open mind leads you to the wonderful surprise of your forever piano—- it happens here a lot😊 enjoy!!!

"Music, rich, full of feeling, not soulless, is like a crystal on which the sun falls and brings forth from it a whole rainbow" - F. Chopin
"I never dreamt with my own two hands I could touch the sky" - Sappho

It's ok to be a Work In Progress
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
Wow, I’d never heard of Seiler either, but what a beautiful instrument! I’m sure it will be your constant companion and a wonderful friend. Congrats and enjoy! 😍😍😍

Lisa

Playing RCM 7-8 repertoire
Cunningham Studio Grand & Yamaha CLP645

"I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." - Frederic Chopin
W
W
Thanks for sharing! Beautiful photos and that's one stunning looking piano. I noticed the little sticker with the German flag, that's the kind of tag Seiler puts on their actual German instruments.

Did you get this from the Seiler folks in Houston, Alex Powels & co. at Fort Bend? They're great people. I too walked into their store to look at a set of instrument brands I was into (Boesendorfer and Bluethner) and was blown away by one of their Seiler's, their SE 132 upright.

Btw, here's a great little film of the German piano workshop, featuring pot bellied Bavarians going about their craft with the calm and discernment you'd expect from an old family business in the Old World:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1162968860543223

The video's opening line is "Jedem Anfang wohnt ein Zauber inne", a line by the German poet Hermann Hesse which translates to "There's something enchanting to every beginning."

Very fitting words for you starting out on a new instrument. Thanks again for sharing.

Last edited by Windjammer; 01/21/21 09:46 PM.

"Ein Buch ist ein Spiegel, aus dem kein Apostel herausgucken kann, wenn ein Affe hineinguckt." Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-1799)
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you Dog person and Ebony Kawai!!

Thank you very much Windjammer! Yes, what a coincidence! I did buy from Fort Bend Music. I am familiar with Alex but I bought it from Mark Dvorak. Great guy. And you know i've played that very upright you are referring to and I wholeheartedly agree! That is a very nice upright that I would love to have to replace my Kawai K200 upright in my small practice room. Maybe one of these days... They've had that for quite a while now (year-plus) and they are giving a steal of a deal on it these days. But I just can't justify with the wife 2 new pianos in 1 year haha

Thanks for sharing that video! I remember watching that a long time ago but it's good to see again.

Last edited by dusty1920; 01/21/21 10:15 PM.
J
3000 Post Club Member
Online Content
3000 Post Club Member
J
What a beautiful piano! I know the Seiler pianos a little bit having played and reviewed one at NAMM. I actually loved that kind of warm intimacy and clarity that they have, although the power is there if you want it. It's an incredibly refined sound, what I'd call a classical piano really, although I can imagine it holding its own in jazz.

Anyway congratulations, and I'm sure you'll love your new piano!

Moderated by  Ken Knapp, Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Advice on a 1977 Yamaha M1AFX
by RamziKeys - 03/04/21 11:21 AM
Suggestions for specific shoulder pain, LH opened voicing
by Mason&Hamlin57 - 03/04/21 11:05 AM
Two Treble Clefs at Sheet Music of Forrest Gump Theme
by Bavaria Tom - 03/04/21 06:35 AM
Franck Prelude Fugue and Variations op 18
by ZigZagStory - 03/04/21 03:18 AM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics205,389
Posts3,066,658
Members100,709
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission