2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
71 members (36251, Bruce Sato, Carey, 20/20 Vision, AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 11 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Here is a link that has NAMM 2021 Keyboards & Digital Pianos.

Gear4Music NAMM 2021 Keyboards & Pianos

Also, this may be interesting.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
C
4000 Post Club Member
4000 Post Club Member
C
Ok, so nothing revolutionary from Korg. I thought the LP-380 would be discontinued as the C1 is pretty much the same piano, but there's now an "LP-380U" with USB audio and MIDI.

Yamaha DGX-670 (with actual new features showcased on YouTube) and Yamaha CLP 725 (already rumoured, now official) were mentioned in some of the older discussions here. And we have a dedicated topic for the new Rolands.

R
R
Too bad that there's nothing new from Kawai. I was hoping they would release a VPC2 or a MP12.

B
B
Originally Posted by Rickdiculous
Too bad that there's nothing new from Kawai. I was hoping they would release a VPC2 or a MP12.

... or the successor of the MP7SE frown Kawai has renewed now their whole lineup except the MP series, the VPC1 and the ES110

Also, there is nothing new from Nord until now frown

Let's hope that both Kawai and Nord will show new stage pianos on Wednesday.

B
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
B
My high hopes for this year is ATX4 with CA79/99 components/software for the hybrids silent pianos from Kawai and also to remove the touchscreen from the side panel oh the acoustic pianos. But I think I’m hoping for a bit to much. ☺️ But considering the Kawai grands still have ATX2 some updates feels due.

D
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Rickdiculous
I
Traditionally, it seems that there is usually a year or so gap between the ES release and the MP

Instruments......Kawai MP7SE.............................................(Past - Kawai MP7, Yamaha PSR7000)
Software..........Sibelius 7; Neuratron Photoscore Pro 8
Stand...............K&M 18953 Table-style Stage Piano Stand
Piano stool.......K&M 14093 Piano stool
N
N
Originally Posted by clothearednincompo
I thought the LP-380 would be discontinued as the C1 is pretty much the same piano, but there's now an "LP-380U" with USB audio and MIDI.

I thought the LP-380 would be discontinued too, as the C1 has a newer, supposedly better sound engine and Bluetooth audio, & different voices to choose from ( ex. bass/piano split). Instead, Korg adds Bluetooth audio *plus* Bluetooth midi to the LP-380, and expands the color choices. Bluetooth audio is nice on occasion. (I'd prefer a Line In jack.) But Bluetooth midi would be great to have.

Baffling. But maybe the LP-380 is still a big seller still in the Asian markets. I see that it has more temperaments to choose from than the C1, & some of those are Eastern tunings unavailable in the C1. Korg must be tossing a cookie to that market.

K
K

Give it time. Typically at big trade shows, only one or two manufacturers announce their BIG products each day, usually at a keynote or other big presentation. Press embargoes often lift the previous day. (For example, we saw all the new KORG products yesterday, but their announcements are today.)

Of course, it looks like Kawai is NOT a participant in NAMM this year.

I
I
Midi implementation of the fp-x series wasn't yet available online from Roland. Think they will support MIDI 2.0 now or in future firmware upgrade since that is a topic they are now promoting...?

O
Osho Offline OP
1000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Originally Posted by Kaladin405

Hmm.. that's surprising. Usually, they are at NAMM (in person event) every year.

Osho

Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
Originally Posted by Osho
Originally Posted by Kaladin405

Hmm.. that's surprising. Usually, they are at NAMM (in person event) every year.

Osho

It’s a distraction, you guys!

Kawai is waiting till the last minute for us to think nothing new is coming....and then, the NV-20 and all heck breaks loose!

O
O
Hammond's new SK Pro looks pretty cool. (a more affordable do-it-all-without-backache-not-red alternative)
& I wish Yamaha had made the new YC-73 with a waterfall option like the YC-61.

My VPC1 has been in the shop with a sticky key since I bought it a few months back. They'd better not release a VPC2 :p

B
B
Does anyone know for sure if Kawai ist taking parting the show? And what about Nord?

7000 Post Club Member
7000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Björn from Earth
Does anyone know for sure if Kawai ist taking parting the show? And what about Nord?

Yes, one member above suggested they are holding it for the end of the show and are gonna present NV20 as well as many other new products. At least that's my understanding from what that guy said. Might have gotten it wrong though.

I'm not around. You can find me here
My YouTube, My Soundcloud
Yamaha N1X, Cybrid DIY hybrid controller
B
B
Originally Posted by CyberGene

Yes, one member above suggested they are holding it for the end of the show and are gonna present NV20 as well as many other new products. At least that's my understanding from what that guy said. Might have gotten it wrong though.

I saw this. But that doesn't say anything about if he knows whether Kawai and Nord are taking part in the Believe in Music show.

Last edited by Björn from Earth; 01/19/21 11:58 AM.
P
5000 Post Club Member
5000 Post Club Member
P
🤣

Does anyone know for sure if Kawai is taking parting the show?

I see no evidence of Kawai at the show. Yamaha e-logos are everywhere (they've somehow managed to associate entire product lines with Yamaha!), but no sign of Kawai anywhere, no matter how hard I searched. And I did search for them!

"I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel; a free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain." -- Morgan Freeman's character, "Red", in The Shawshank Redemption
K
K
I saw this. But that doesn't say anything about if he knows whether Kawai and Nord are taking part in the Believe in Music show.

[img]https://imgur.com/a/MB5BWBP[/img]
[img]https://imgur.com/a/hWPFz0A[/img]

That's all I know.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member

Nord participates, Kawai does not: https://attend.believeinmusic.tv/marketplace

Kawai will probably wait till the Summer 2021 NAMM Show in CA.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. (falsely attributed to Plato)
Vlad,
Adult beginner
A
A
Kawai doesn't have to wait for anything, as they make many of their announcements without reference to this or similar shows. So, for example, MP7 and MP11 were announced in March 2014, SE versions in October 2017.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,282
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission