2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
53 members (anotherscott, Bach_ingMaddie, Bob A, accordeur, agent8698, 36251, ambrozy, Bill McKaig,RPT, 8 invisible), 362 guests, and 530 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
wr Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
W
Translation -
Andrei Korobeynikov, piano
Bach, Beethoven, Messian, Scriabin

I stumbled across this recital a few days ago, and once I listened for a few minutes, I found it thoroughly engrossing, a real find. Never heard of the pianist before - have you? His playing and musical qualities are very satisfying, in a solidly Russian way, I think.

https://youtu.be/yBRx-xW_LKY?t=437

The channel this is on is interesting, too. I don't know anything about it, other than that it appears to have a ton of performances in that hall that seem worth watching. I've just started exploring it. I've learned to keep a browser window with a translation site open, to copy and paste. Does anybody know if there is a way to get YouTube to automatically do the translation? That would be great!

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Interesting, thanks for this.

Andrey Korobeinikov is called "one of the most unusual pianists of the XXI century" and "a unique phenomenon in the modern musical community." - see here.

The hall is a newly opened state-of-the-art concert hall in Moscow. I had not heard of it before - thanks for bringing it to our attention. See here.

Most enjoyable Bach!

By the way, I find that often I can right-click and select "Translate to English" from the context menu.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
PS I see that my favourite period-instrument orchestra the OAE is playing there with Masaaki Suzuki on 24 April.

W
wr Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by David-G
Interesting, thanks for this.

Andrey Korobeinikov is called "one of the most unusual pianists of the XXI century" and "a unique phenomenon in the modern musical community." - see here.

The hall is a newly opened state-of-the-art concert hall in Moscow. I had not heard of it before - thanks for bringing it to our attention. See here.

Most enjoyable Bach!

By the way, I find that often I can right-click and select "Translate to English" from the context menu.

Thanks for the links - the hall's site has an English option, which is helpful. I tried right-clicking on YouTube, but it didn't bring up a translation choice. Oh, well...

I noticed that Korobeinikov has his own YouTube channel with quite a bit of material - I am looking forward to exploring it.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by wr
I tried right-clicking on YouTube, but it didn't bring up a translation choice. Oh, well...

This seems to be a feature of the Chrome browser. I can right click on any page, and a "Translate to English" option comes up in the context menu. It is rather good. At a click I can translate the title of this thread!

W
wr Offline OP
9000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by David-G
Originally Posted by wr
I tried right-clicking on YouTube, but it didn't bring up a translation choice. Oh, well...

This seems to be a feature of the Chrome browser. I can right click on any page, and a "Translate to English" option comes up in the context menu. It is rather good. At a click I can translate the title of this thread!

Thanks for that info. I may switch browsers, at least for YouTube. It seems that just this last year there has been a proliferation of Russian language classical music channels that look interesting.

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
This also comes in very useful for the "Fan d'Erard" Facebook group, most of which is in French!

A
A
Thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to learn to just read Russian, at least- it would come in handy in the classical music world:)

"Love has to be the starting point- love of music. It is one of my firmest convictions that love always produces some knowledge, while knowledge only rarely produces something similar to love."
Arthur Schnabel

D
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
D
Originally Posted by Ainar
Thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to learn to just read Russian, at least- it would come in handy in the classical music world:)

Give it a try! Learning to read Russian characters is really not difficult. I am lucky enough to have studied Russian for two years at school. It only took about a week for me to be reasonably conversant with Russian characters. Of course, understanding meaning takes longer! Some years ago I attended a conference in Moscow. I was the only one of our UK contingent who could read Russian; and so I was the only one who could read the names of streets and metro stations when we were out and about in town. A really useful skill, and really not difficult to achieve.

Last edited by David-G; 01/22/21 07:28 AM.

Moderated by  Brendan, Kreisler 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Yamaha S3X Grand castors
by Lushey1 - 03/03/21 10:39 PM
Where to find good interpretations?
by pablobear - 03/03/21 08:01 PM
Pretty, but a little overpriced??
by ShiroKuro - 03/03/21 07:05 PM
My simplyfied setup.
by lvercaut - 03/03/21 04:13 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics205,375
Posts3,066,447
Members100,701
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission