2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
68 members (brennbaer, accordeur, antune, Colin Miles, anotherscott, AndyOnThePiano2, benkeys, 10 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3068711 01/13/21 11:26 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I'm in need of advice for buying a good light for my grand piano. I have a Hailun HG 161

I've been researching a bit, and the Cocoweb varieties seem to be liked by piano players, although some report problems with the light clearing the sheet music and problems with fastening the light to the music stand.

Others seem to like floor lamps better.

What has been your experience with piano lights? Your recommendations and sharing your experiences would be most helpful!

Candace (aka paleostudent)

W
W
I use this

6 LED Book Light,OMERIL USB Rechargeable Reading Light with 3 Eye-Care Brightness Modes(Warm&Cool White),Flexible Clip on Book Light for Reading in Bed,Tablet,Music Stand,Travel https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F3YMKCL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_svY.FbQVDGN2D

500 Post Club Member
Online Content
500 Post Club Member
Lots of discussion here.

I have the cocoweb floor lamp with 3 dimmable settings and am happy with it.

S
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
PW Gold Subscriber
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
S
Love the Coco web floor lamp but there are many threads here that discuss lamps

Here’s one
https://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthre.../re-lights-for-my-piano.html#Post3063163

500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Whatever you get, make sure it has the adjustable color function. It is SO much easier on the eyes to play with warm-colored lights than the natural or cool lighting, at least that has been my experience. Especially so if your piano light is the only light on in a dim room! It makes for a pleasant ambiance. If it has the color control, it will probably also have brightness control which is also a great function to have.

Last edited by trooplewis; 01/13/21 01:48 PM.

Casio PX-S3000
Nope, no issues with it at all.
Took lessons from 1960 to 1969, stopped at age 16.
Started again in July 2020 at age 67. Lots more fun now!
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
I originally used low cost LED amazon music stand light and thought they were great. I then decided to invest in a Cocoweb, I was so happy I did. It made playing more enjoyable and really helped me read the sheets and was easier on the eyes. I originally bought the 22" grand but it was a too large for my digital keyboard (it looked too clunky for my taste on a digital) I then exchanged it for the 19" and the 19" was plenty of light for all 88 keys and easily lights up 4 sheets of paper and was the perfect size. I use the dimmer switch a lot too it's great to be able to adjust the brightness based on time of day/mood etc.

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Sebs. I'm leaning towards buying the Cocoweb.

Happy New Year to you!

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by Paleostudent
I'm in need of advice for buying a good light for my grand piano. I have a Hailun HG 161

I've been researching a bit, and the Cocoweb varieties seem to be liked by piano players, although some report problems with the light clearing the sheet music and problems with fastening the light to the music stand.

What has been your experience with piano lights? Your recommendations and sharing your experiences would be most helpful!

I have the Cocoweb 22" LED lamp that attaches to the piano desk (not floor or side). I like it very much; I've had it for almost 8 years now and it's never had a problem.

The only issue is with the way that the light sometimes casts a hard shadow on the keys based on how you aim the lights. But it's bright and clear, and I like the 22" width. It's also attractive and blends nicely with my piano.

J
jdw Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
J
Originally Posted by TwoSnowflakes
Originally Posted by Paleostudent

I have the Cocoweb 22" LED lamp that attaches to the piano desk (not floor or side). I like it very much; I've had it for almost 8 years now and it's never had a problem.

The only issue is with the way that the light sometimes casts a hard shadow on the keys based on how you aim the lights. But it's bright and clear, and I like the 22" width. It's also attractive and blends nicely with my piano.

Do you have to detach the light in order to close the piano?

1989 Baldwin R

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,390
Posts3,349,223
Members111,632
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission