2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad) Piano Sight Reading
train piano sight reading with your iPhone or iPad
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
73 members (AaronSF, 36251, andrea monza, AndyOnThePiano, c++, Boboulus, anotherscott, 10 invisible), 604 guests, and 469 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3058151 12/17/20 08:09 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Y
yoko Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
for all the audiophiles out there .. these are the specs for a 3 piece speakers im considering buying .. are they good to use with pianoteq to produce nice base and resonance ?

R.M.S: 50W
Subwoofer: RMS20W
Satellites: RMS8WX2
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz

yoko #3058162 12/17/20 08:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
D
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
D
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 143
that seem to be little speakers, PC speakers ?
But you don't write brand and model, so it's difficult to help.
You'd better use headphones

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Y
yoko Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
yeah they are pc speakers
the brands in my country arent really world known
so u r saying its about number of watts ?

Last edited by yoko; 12/17/20 08:54 PM.
yoko #3058175 12/17/20 09:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
I don't know your country ... but over here the specs on PC speakers are really not specs. They're just lies.

Regardless ... PC speakers are not good for piano.

yoko #3058177 12/17/20 09:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,638
O
1000 Post Club Member
Offline
1000 Post Club Member
O
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,638
The specs you mentioned are not sufficient to judge the speakers. Two sets of speakers with identical specs (for the ones you have mentioned) can sound vastly different. Without specific model numbers etc., it is hard to say which speakers are better.

Osho


Mason & Hamlin BB
Kawai Novus NV10 + VST + Genelec 8050B monitors.
Current VST favorites (in the order of preference): Pianoteq 7/VSL Synchron Concert D//Garritan CFX/Embertone Walker D Full

[Linked Image]
yoko #3058178 12/17/20 09:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Y
yoko Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
ok got it .. i guess i will have to try them .. thank u guys

yoko #3058179 12/17/20 09:38 PM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Y
yoko Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15

yoko #3058185 12/17/20 09:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 267
A
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
A
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 267
When the freq response: 20hz - 20khz is written on the box, it is probably something veeeeeeeeeeery bad, 20hz is not physically possible in plasticky, small and cheap speakers. You probably don't have much money for it, so if you have to buy something like that you should look for maybe logitech speakers, I was usually pleasantly surprised by the sound quality of them, it's nothing special, but at least they are built to sound properly, in contrast to noname speakers which are often deliberatelly built to sound bad.

yoko #3058192 12/17/20 09:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 267
A
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
A
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 267
If you are really just looking for approval of your choice, please don't waste the time of forum users who are trying to help you for free

yoko #3058260 12/18/20 04:18 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
C
6000 Post Club Member
Offline
6000 Post Club Member
C
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
Yoko--

If you want "nice bass and resonance", you should be looking at speakers with:

(a) 5" woofers (not a"2.1" system with one 5" woofer, and two small satellite speakers) (each speaker should have a woofer and tweeter),

and

(b) 40-50 watts of total RMS power (not "peak power") (20-25 watts RMS per side).

The "2.1" multi-media arrangement (one large speaker, two small satellites) -- when I listened to several of them -- didn't have much mid-range power:

. . . and the mid-range is where a lot of music happens.

I have a pair of Behringer MS40 speakers. They're OK, but not really good enough to carry the low frequency sound power that Pianoteq can generate.

As several people have said in several threads, if your budget is low, you will get better sound from headphones, than from loudspeakers.

If you have the space, consider getting an old "hi-fi" stereo amplifier, and some used, large (6" or larger woofers) "bookshelf speakers". That setup can work quite well. In North America, most people don't like big things, even if they sound good, and you can buy them pretty cheap.

Last edited by Charles Cohen; 12/18/20 04:23 AM.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
yoko #3058263 12/18/20 04:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
Earlier I said that the specs on computer speakers are just liels. This is a perfect example ...
Originally Posted by yoko
The title claims 6000 watts. Ridiculous.
The sub-text lists 60 watts. Unlikely
I'm betting it'll do 10 watts. What more can you expect from the small wall-wart transformer that powers these crap systems, eh?

Do you really want to buy equipment from a company that boldly lies to your face?
Do you want to play piano with speakers that are only meant to play the beeps and bops sound of a PC video game?

That Amazon listing says the product is unavailable. Lucky for you!

There's a site in India that lists this unit for 4700 rupees. That's $57 USD. Is that a price that speaks of quality sound?

Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Y
yoko Offline OP
Junior Member
OP Offline
Junior Member
Y
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by Charles Cohen
Yoko--

If you want "nice bass and resonance", you should be looking at speakers with:

(a) 5" woofers (not a"2.1" system with one 5" woofer, and two small satellite speakers) (each speaker should have a woofer and tweeter),

and

(b) 40-50 watts of total RMS power (not "peak power") (20-25 watts RMS per side).

The "2.1" multi-media arrangement (one large speaker, two small satellites) -- when I listened to several of them -- didn't have much mid-range power:

. . . and the mid-range is where a lot of music happens.

I have a pair of Behringer MS40 speakers. They're OK, but not really good enough to carry the low frequency sound power that Pianoteq can generate.

As several people have said in several threads, if your budget is low, you will get better sound from headphones, than from loudspeakers.

If you have the space, consider getting an old "hi-fi" stereo amplifier, and some used, large (6" or larger woofers) "bookshelf speakers". That setup can work quite well. In North America, most people don't like big things, even if they sound good, and you can buy them pretty cheap.

Originally Posted by MacMacMac
Earlier I said that the specs on computer speakers are just liels. This is a perfect example ...
Originally Posted by yoko
The title claims 6000 watts. Ridiculous.
The sub-text lists 60 watts. Unlikely
I'm betting it'll do 10 watts. What more can you expect from the small wall-wart transformer that powers these crap systems, eh?

Do you really want to buy equipment from a company that boldly lies to your face?
Do you want to play piano with speakers that are only meant to play the beeps and bops sound of a PC video game?

That Amazon listing says the product is unavailable. Lucky for you!

There's a site in India that lists this unit for 4700 rupees. That's $57 USD. Is that a price that speaks of quality sound?

i get it now thank you guys your replies helped alot .. i think im going with headphones now

yoko #3058286 12/18/20 05:36 AM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,218
E
1000 Post Club Member
Offline
1000 Post Club Member
E
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,218
I would look at Edifier 1280db. Not expensive and somebody in this forum speaks highly of it. If budget is tight... Not as cheap as that Philips but still low cost.


Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 139
O
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
O
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 139
Originally Posted by EVC2017
I would look at Edifier 1280db. Not expensive and somebody in this forum speaks highly of it. If budget is tight... Not as cheap as that Philips but still low cost.

There's a couple of us that use them. Best sounding bookshelf powered speakers for the money.

yoko #3058503 12/18/20 06:55 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
C
6000 Post Club Member
Offline
6000 Post Club Member
C
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
FWIW --

The Edifier 1280db has a Bluetooth audio option, as well as wired input.

The Edifier 1280T is "wired-only", and is a bit less expensive.


. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
yoko #3058851 12/19/20 04:44 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 77
J
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
J
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 77
The Edifier do look the business.

The Philips SHP9500 headphones are the highest fidelity audio reproduction you can buy for the least amount of money that I've ever seen or heard of.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,370
If by this you are impressed with these speakers ...
Originally Posted by Johnny English
The Edifier do look the business.
... are you sure? These cost around $100. At that price your don't get much.

yoko #3058863 12/19/20 05:12 PM
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 1,106
J
1000 Post Club Member
Offline
1000 Post Club Member
J
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 1,106
Woofer should really at least be 10 inch, or if you have 2x 8 inch that's fine too.

The speakers can have 4"+tweeter, they don't have to be big unless the room is big.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
C
6000 Post Club Member
Offline
6000 Post Club Member
C
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 6,236
Originally Posted by jeffcat
Woofer should really at least be 10 inch, or if you have 2x 8 inch that's fine too.

The speakers can have 4"+tweeter, they don't have to be big unless the room is big.

That "should" assumes that you have enough money to buy speakers with 10" woofers.

For KRK Rokit 10-3, that's about $1,000 US per pair.

Many of us make do with smaller budgets, and smaller woofers. My EV ZXA1 has only an 8" woofer, and I've never wanted anything larger for piano.

Last edited by Charles Cohen; 12/19/20 06:57 PM.

. Charles
---------------------------
PX-350 / microKorg XL+ / Pianoteq
yoko #3058903 12/19/20 06:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 228
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 228
I would recommend a sound bar. Some of them sound good, compact, and not very expensive.

I have recommended the JBL Bar 2.0 for about $150 for friends and family. They make a matching sub, if you want that.

Last edited by redfish1901; 12/19/20 06:55 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Couch to Concert Hall
Couch to Concert Hall
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Playing by ear v Reading sheet music
by LarryShone - 04/17/21 04:20 PM
Why do used Baldwins seemed to sell for less than...
by pianoloverus - 04/17/21 04:00 PM
Cesar Mariano - Brazilian jazz piano
by jjo - 04/17/21 03:57 PM
Did many of the great piano compositions start out...
by pianoloverus - 04/17/21 03:40 PM
Pearl River GP160 for intermediate player
by PoleStar - 04/17/21 01:27 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics206,354
Posts3,083,544
Members101,221
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers

Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5