2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
73 members (AlkansBookcase, bcalvanese, 36251, brdwyguy, amc252, akse0435, 20/20 Vision, Burkhard, 16 invisible), 2,121 guests, and 307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#3026816 09/19/20 03:41 PM
J
OP Offline
J

Since I was a kid I was able to play any melody I listened, and understood that was not usual. When I created my youtube channel, my goal was to begin a learning routine, deeping in the songs and elaborating the arrangements and performances. Still have a lot to learn!
H
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
H
Outstanding.

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life. -Józef Teodor Konrad Korzeniowski
S
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
S
Nice work. I always wonder how people just learn to play songs watching youtube. I use arrangements and takes me forever which leads to giving up on it.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks man. Really appreciate your comment.

Since I was a kid I was able to play any melody I listened, and understood that was not usual. When I created my youtube channel, my goal was to begin a learning routine, deeping in the songs and elaborating the arrangements and performances. Still have a lot to learn!
J
OP Offline
J
Each song needs a lot of practice. The more you practice, you feel can achieve more complex sequences. I decided to publish my covers as a learning method. Knowing you have an audience, even if it's very small, makes you take more care each time on what you produce. Of course, because of the time you need to spend, you must love the piano and the songs you play. Thanks!

Good job. I love the song!

What is Barcelona like?

The hard is what makes it great. If it was easy everyone would do it!
Tom Hanks
J
OP Offline
J
Thanks! Happy you enjoyed... Barcelona is a nice city to live. Are you willing to visit?

K
K
Originally Posted by John Pigeon
Each song needs a lot of practice. The more you practice, you feel can achieve more complex sequences. I decided to publish my covers as a learning method. Knowing you have an audience, even if it's very small, makes you take more care each time on what you produce. Of course, because of the time you need to spend, you must love the piano and the songs you play. Thanks!

Absolutely! Recording something also really helps me focus on getting something to sound the way I want it to sound. Keep it up.

If you're up for some critique: for me, the song is dark and brooding. Maybe try to reflect that more in your playing or simply by choosing a softer "more intimate" piano... really exaggerate the feeling with a lot of rubato and general slowness. Then, once you think "wow, that's way too cheesy", dial it back a bit again smile

K
K
Wow this sounded negative, reading it again. Sorry - This wasn't to say I didn't like it!

J
OP Offline
J
Not at all!! It's a very constructive and elaborated critique. As I told I'm self-taught so each comment which comes from someone who really knows the profession is really valuable for me. Thanks!

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
New DP for a 10 year old
by peelaaa - 04/16/24 02:47 PM
Estonia 1990
by Iberia - 04/16/24 11:01 AM
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Practical Meaning of SMP
by rneedle - 04/16/24 09:57 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,391
Posts3,349,273
Members111,634
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission