2017 was our 20th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Shop our online store for music lovers
SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Best of Piano Buyer
 Best of Piano Buyer
(ad)
Faust Harrison Pianos
Faust Harrison 100+ Steinway pianos
(ad)
Wessell Nickel & Gross
PianoForAll
Who's Online Now
88 members (accordeur, AndyOnThePiano, Beemer, Anjru, ambrozy, AndrewJCW, aphexdisklavier, 19 invisible), 991 guests, and 524 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 85 of 96 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 95 96
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Kawai James #3050013 11/27/20 06:06 AM
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 33
H
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
H
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 33
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Hikenkami
Hello James,

The online retailer I bought my CA99 from was https://www.musique-shop.fr/

I cannot contact kawai france directly, because on the customer service webpage from Kawai France, they say that the first contact should be the retailer. So until now, no luck.

https://www.kawaipiano.fr/support/sav/

Thank you for your reply.

If you are not satisfied with the level of support provided by your retailer, my recommendation would be to contact Kawai France directly.

Kind regards,
James
x


Would love to, but I can't seem to find a way to contact them. If you happen to have an e-mail adress or a phone number, I would gladly take it!

Cheers

(ad)
Sweetwater Gifts That Rock
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3050036 11/27/20 07:38 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Please try here:

https://www.kawaipiano.fr/support/contactus/

Kind regards,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Kawai James #3050254 11/27/20 07:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 19
R
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
R
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Ress
I’m recording my piano part for a duet on the CA79. I have a Bluetooth connection and played their recording through the speakers while playing my part and realized that the record function only records my part, doesn’t put the two together. Is there a way I can record the two together from the piano, or do I need to mix them in a separate program?

Recording Bluetooth Audio is only possible when using the USB audio recorder.

Please try connecting a formatted USB stick, the selecting the recorder in either MP3 or WAV formats. The recorder should capture both the piano sound and the Bluetooth Audio sound together.

It's also possible to copy the track you wish to record with onto a USB stick (in MP3 or WAV format) and use the overdubbing function. This will probably product better quality results, as the audio will not need to be recompressed for transmission by Bluetooth.

Kind regards,
James
x

Thank you! Can’t wait to try this when I get home

Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3050258 11/27/20 07:39 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
Our satin black CA79 arrived at the store and we're picking it up in the morning!


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
RickM #3050263 11/27/20 07:50 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 580
500 Post Club Member
Offline
500 Post Club Member
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 580
Originally Posted by RickM
Our satin black CA79 arrived at the store and we're picking it up in the morning!
Oh nice! I know the excitement. Hope is all perfect smile


Kawai CA79 Rosewood
*Young Chang Y185 6'-1" (gone)
*Baldwin Hamilton Studio '67 (gone)
*Young Chang Y150 (Del F design) (gone)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Kawai James #3050585 11/28/20 05:26 PM
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 19
R
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
R
Joined: Nov 2020
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Originally Posted by Ress
I’m recording my piano part for a duet on the CA79. I have a Bluetooth connection and played their recording through the speakers while playing my part and realized that the record function only records my part, doesn’t put the two together. Is there a way I can record the two together from the piano, or do I need to mix them in a separate program?

Recording Bluetooth Audio is only possible when using the USB audio recorder.

Please try connecting a formatted USB stick, the selecting the recorder in either MP3 or WAV formats. The recorder should capture both the piano sound and the Bluetooth Audio sound together.

It's also possible to copy the track you wish to record with onto a USB stick (in MP3 or WAV format) and use the overdubbing function. This will probably product better quality results, as the audio will not need to be recompressed for transmission by Bluetooth.

Kind regards,
James
x

Worked perfectly James, thank you!

Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3050593 11/28/20 06:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
Got the box home and into the house safely in one piece. First things first though. Have to give it a thorough CAT-scan. (first attempt at photo upload - doesn't seem to show inline?)

[img]https://flic.kr/p/2kbvbar[/img]

Last edited by RickM; 11/28/20 06:01 PM.

Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3050760 11/29/20 06:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 130
K
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
K
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 130
So funny Rick we have a similar issue with any new stuff entering our house but only have one - she does not mind our CA79 sounds to you should be safe he he smile


No good but carry on regardless
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
RickM #3050767 11/29/20 07:09 AM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,067
E
1000 Post Club Member
Online Content
1000 Post Club Member
E
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by RickM
Got the box home and into the house safely in one piece. First things first though. Have to give it a thorough CAT-scan. (first attempt at photo upload - doesn't seem to show inline?)

[img]https://flic.kr/p/2kbvbar[/img]

You cannot use a direct link in these cases. Click on the "share" arrow then choose bbcode:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by EVC2017; 11/29/20 07:10 AM.

Kawai ES8, Roland RD2000, Yamaha AG06 mixer, Presonus Eris E5 monitors, Sennheiser HD598SR phones.
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
EVC2017 #3051292 11/30/20 02:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by EVC2017
You cannot use a direct link in these cases. Click on the "share" arrow then choose bbcode:

I finally figured out that the "share" arrow you mention is on the Flickr site, not here. But where do I choose "bbcode"? I don't see that anywhere here or on Flickr. The post options here show "UBBCode is enabled" but there's nothing in the reply edit toolbar.

I see your link has some tags for url & img. Did you type all that manually?

I searched and found image upload/embed instructions from 2014 on this site: http://forum.pianoworld.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2248307.html

I created a gallery and uploaded my photo, but the last step of those instructions say there would be 3 links under the photo for "Thumbnail, Medium, and Full", but there are no links. Even if there were, I think I'd be back at the same spot and not know the magic incantation to embed them here in my post.

Other instructions from 2004 said to do what I did above (click IMAGE in the toolbar), which didn't work with the Share URL from Flickr.


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3051382 11/30/20 06:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
OK, I found a different view of my gallery on Flickr and there, when I click Share, there is a 4th option which is the BBCODE.

[Linked Image]


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3051389 11/30/20 06:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
So, my daughter has been living with us for a few months, including all her furniture from her previous home that she sold, plus the 2 cats in the photo. They climb all over everything. They chew on everything: plastic, rubber, wood, and anything that's been within 2 metres of any kind of food. (BTW, these Siberian cats really are awesome though.)

My wife decided we can't open the box to set up the piano until the cats are gone. We're in the process of moving the daughter and her belongings to a new house that she bought. The move should be done in a couple more days. In the mean time, my wife broke a finger moving the daughter's furniture. She'll have a splint on her hand and won't be able to play her new piano until it's off in SEVEN weeks.


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
RickM #3051398 11/30/20 06:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 580
500 Post Club Member
Offline
500 Post Club Member
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 580
Originally Posted by RickM
So, my daughter has been living with us for a few months, including all her furniture from her previous home that she sold, plus the 2 cats in the photo. They climb all over everything. They chew on everything: plastic, rubber, wood, and anything that's been within 2 metres of any kind of food. (BTW, these Siberian cats really are awesome though.)

My wife decided we can't open the box to set up the piano until the cats are gone. We're in the process of moving the daughter and her belongings to a new house that she bought. The move should be done in a couple more days. In the mean time, my wife broke a finger moving the daughter's furniture. She'll have a splint on her hand and won't be able to play her new piano until it's off in SEVEN weeks.
oh my...so sorry smirk


Kawai CA79 Rosewood
*Young Chang Y185 6'-1" (gone)
*Baldwin Hamilton Studio '67 (gone)
*Young Chang Y150 (Del F design) (gone)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
RickM #3051487 12/01/20 01:21 AM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Originally Posted by RickM
In the mean time, my wife broke a finger moving the daughter's furniture. She'll have a splint on her hand and won't be able to play her new piano until it's off in SEVEN weeks.

Ouch, hope she gets well soon!

(I'm also currently unable to do much following a recent injury...)

Cheers,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Kawai James #3051760 12/01/20 06:46 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Kawai James
(I'm also currently unable to do much following a recent injury...)


Oh no! Sorry to hear that. We have a friend who also recently bought a piano and started with lessons. Two days before my wife broke her finger, our friend slipped and fell and broke her wrist. She's in a cast for 6 weeks.

Something in the water? lol


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
RickM #3051781 12/01/20 08:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Offline
Yikes! 10000 Post Club Member
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 17,131
Originally Posted by RickM
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. We have a friend who also recently bought a piano and started with lessons. Two days before my wife broke her finger, our friend slipped and fell and broke her wrist. She's in a cast for 6 weeks.

Ouch! Wrists are also tough - I broke my left wrist a few years ago, but it's fine now. It needs to be, as I broke a bone in my right hand, so that arm is in currently in a cast! I also have a temporary cast on my right leg while the top of the tibia heals. Hopefully I'll be back on my bike early next year.

Cheers,
James
x


Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Kawai James #3051824 12/01/20 11:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
R
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
R
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by Kawai James
Hopefully I'll be back on my bike early next year.




(insert shocked emoticon here! lol)


Kawai CA79 (arrived Nov 28, 2020), Roland EP7-II (1993)
Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Hikenkami #3051867 12/02/20 04:23 AM
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 56
I
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
I
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 56
Did you experience any problems importing from that France retailer?

Thanks

Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3052239 12/02/20 10:48 PM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 2
N
Junior Member
Offline
Junior Member
N
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 2
Hi, a new user here. Have been eagerly reading through the thread over the past few months. I am in envy with the delivery/availability experiences the fellow users have. In my country in Singapore, I have made an order for the CA99 since August, and was initially told it would be arriving in November. That didn't happen as the shipment is now delayed till next week. Here's to hoping that the wait is worth it.

Re: Kawai CA79 / CA99 owners club
Martinez #3052263 12/03/20 12:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 102
M
Full Member
Offline
Full Member
M
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 102
Darn James, you got busted up! I hope you’re back to 100% as quickly as possible. 2021 is a brand new year.👍

Wishing you the best in it,
Muskie

Page 85 of 96 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 95 96

Moderated by  Piano World 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
News from the Piano World
100,000!
---------------------
NEW! Sell Your Piano on our world famous Piano Forums!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Pianoteq
Steinway Spiro Layering
(ad)
PianoDisc

PianoDisc
(ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Mason & Hamlin Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Wilh. Steinberg grand piano
by Guido, Roma - Italy - 01/16/21 04:47 PM
Searching for my first piano
by AndresVel - 01/16/21 03:34 PM
Tuning pin video
by accordeur - 01/16/21 03:22 PM
Concert pianist opintions regarding DP actions
by Marc345 - 01/16/21 02:50 PM
Size, placement, brand
by Anjru - 01/16/21 02:31 PM
Download Sheet Music
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Forum Statistics
Forums42
Topics204,299
Posts3,047,439
Members100,079
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Please Support Our Advertisers


Faust Harrison 100+ Steinways

Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver

 Best of Piano Buyer

PianoTeq Bechstein
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads



 
Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe
 
Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |


© copyright 1997 - 2021 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4