2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
58 members (20/20 Vision, 36251, anotherscott, bcalvanese, 1957, beeboss, 7sheji, Aylin, Barly, 9 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Excellent Recital smile , glad to be a small part of this recital. Hope to do better in the future . Mostly I appreciate any comments left for my piece. I know I've somewhat slacked off with practice .... so, till next time... which might be a while.

01 . jazzyprof - Song Without Words, Op.30 no.1 Very well played gentle piece. Good piano sound and recording.

02. . QuasiUnaFantasia - Prelude op. 28 no. 6 Impressively played , dynamic touch and emotive listening. Delicate passage so elegantly played. Super for somewhat being self taught over the last years.. I slacked off alot myself. [good reason though!]

03. wouter79 - celestial voices and vesper song, op.45 no9, 10 your piano sounds superb 1 Very well done and pleasantly played.

04. Ido - Little prelude in D major BWV 925 Super delicately and clean clear touch. Impressive and enjoyed the listening experience. This is a very challenging piece done well.

05. MarieJ - Gymnopedie No. 1 This sounds professionally recorded and nearly exact played too! , Very good piano sound . Enjoyed this much.

06. Peyton - Aria from The Goldberg Variations Nice pretty kind of piece , I never heard before.... nothing new there. But, enjoyed the listen . Nice acoustic piano sound.

07. pianist685 Constantin - Waltz A minor B. Impressive , the reverb is unique in how adds an age quality to the piano [sound] , as if it's far off in a distance- of time. Or mind? So it is for me quite a unique listen . I need one of those kontact players(lol) and a ton more practice.

08. Barbaram - Milonga del Angel Well, beautiful, and a jazz style huh? [not sure] really the many directions and motifs . Creates quite a mood.... Enjoyed the listening and excellent piano acoustic sound.

09. Serge88 - Your Song nice , bittersweet feel. Creates a longing with tune! (really does)...Anyway good reverb effect also .

10. Tim Adrianson - Morning on the Milkweed Certainly has the morning feel to the movement of this ! Well played and motive.

11. vte - Andante from Sonatina Op 55 No 4 Nice, kind of motif . Good piano recording!

12. Ted Jones - Burst loveletter number nine Fast moving piece... alot of melodic change. Rapid Cool listening experience. I like the brazen aspect.

13. Rich D. - Argentinian Dance No. 2 Seems to be a climactic drama in form of sound. A Love that becomes frantic and fades away.

14. AndresVel Andres - Minuet in G minor BWV Anh. 115 Nicely played trills. Well played enjoyed the music and good recording.

15. Mosotti - Arietta this really is like a lullabye.... well done . Recording too!

16. AlexKi - Of Foreign Lands and Peoples Really nice to listen the gently rhytym of this. Well Done .

. 17. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 6 no. 2 NIcely played... emphasized where needed. and the church reverb is cool more so because it's real-authentic acoustic reverb.

18. Ganddalf - Siciliano Op.128 no.1 Nice interesting piece ... almost an unchained melody in a jazz style ? Any way TY.

19. rwsavory - Aria I enjoyed the soft touch and listening experience .

20. JB PW Jen - Prelude No. 3 in C Minor Never heard this but well done dynamics that are emotive with a effective bass. Enjoyed the listening experience.

21. Rachtoven - Prelude in C major, BWV 846 Really well played with a soft moving ambience that I never heard with this piece. I can imagine the hammers hitting strings in grand style creating the mood you played -effectively . Quite an acoustic sound for a digital .

22. Calavera - Youre Not Alone Nicely played moving piece. I know this has to be quite a challenge of a play... with the dynamics and how well you played it. Kudos o you!
remove
23. PianogrlNW Ellen - Deep River beautifully moving piece, had its effect . Good playing.

24. meganr - Little Prelude in D Major BWV 926 Well played , appreciate the real acoustic piano sound . Quite a challenging piece to boot! Kudos to you.
remove
25. Jason Lenthe - Reverie Nicely played gentle piece... enjoyed the listen .

26. bSharpCyclist Dan - Prelude in C Major BWV 846 Nicely done , fine recording also .... I think I could hear a deep breath in the beginning ..?

27. Peter Hontaru - The Little Ballerina Really impressive choice of a piece , well done ... recording was excellent.

28. JJHLH - Waltz No. 10 in B minor Nicely played ... well done

. 29. timmyab - Sonata k25 WOW , this is really a challenging piece . really well played . Nice clean touch and dynamics were effective.

30. Purrblast - Prelude in E minor Congrats on the baby girl .. Really well played especially with the life changes. enjoyed the relaxing listen .

31. Moo - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue Effective because the fugue intro[s] almost sound like two players ... Well Done ! I'm used to fugues of the mental type... smile joke!

32. sma55 Shepherd Abrams - Alla Turca from Sonata in A major KV 331 Super impressive playing and recording.

33. winterflower - considering Nice mellow playing and listen ....

34. facdo - Sonata in Eb Major, K.282
Hmmm quite a sophisticated pice that I don't have the background to jusge except that I enjoyed the articulation, recording and gently dynamics, the general finesse of the playing ... Especially that it is lengthy and brilliant in choice.

35. Flygbladet - Nocturne in E minor For me this is really an emotive piece , somehow a hint dark emotionally. Like the soft touch and playing ..... Well done.

36. Piano primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena BachSacred song Schaffs mit mir, Gott, BWV 514 Kept it simple for a while ..... need some time to be me! LOL
remove
37. Greta99 - Valse Lente, Op. 33 Sounds like a gentle love song... beautifully played .
remove
38. JoBert - Erinnerung Well played moving piece . The bass and harmony are emotive. Good recording too!
remove
39. PikaPianist - Melodie Op.4, No.2 Effective dynamics at 1:00 min and beyond , clean crisp sound even touch ...

40. Snejana - Sarabande A piece that portrays sadness.. along its way ... Well executed. Enjoyed the listening.
remove
41. KevinM - Songs Without Words 30.6 and 19.4 Aww, the delicate trill that is played to be a song that tells more the the piece. gentle waltz ... a soft embrace? Very well played I can almost feel the piano in the room . Kudos ... this is really a good recording/rendition !

42. sandalholme - Intermezzi Op116 Nos 5 and 6 Nice piece, well played and easily felt ... Enjoyed the listen .
43. selfishplayer - onlyToccata and noFugue in d minor BWV 565 Piano Transcription Nice acoustic sound classic feeling... brings back movie memeories. Anyway enjoyed the piece. Super at 54 onward.... man how'd you do it? Coffee or drugs? just kidding...

44. AssociateX Liz - Prelude in F Major WTC 1 BWV858 Nice enjoyable listen .... good recording and acoustic piano sound.

45. Talao - La Pastorale Op. 100, No. 3 Nicely played piece,, even tempo and touch ... Enjoyed the authentic acoustic sound. I'm sorry I can't give feedback technically [not that rehearsed in the theory] but I'm sure you'll do well tomorrow [which has passed].
I think it was a excellent play and listen.

46. ShiroKuro - Energy Flow Never heard this , definitely well played , motifs move fast though. Enjoyed the listening experience.

47. psyche23 Edwin - Arabesque No. 1 Excelelent recording touch and piano listen .

. 48. Stumbler Dave - Sentimentale Different ,... liked this well played.

49. Kevin1116 - Piano Sonata in E-Flat Major Op. 27 no. 1 Quasi una Fantasia IV. Allegro Vivace Amazing -Wow this is moving ... well done good recording ,even touch and dynamics... I like this alot.. KUDOS to you.!!!!

50. Qwerty53 - Valsette en bleu Nice somber feel to this the bass , even touch and slow moving motifs... Enjoyed the listen .

51. Sam S - Song Without Words op 19-4 Impressive playing and instructional video....have to say this is way more than good enough! IMHO. Cool .

S
S
Originally Posted by JB_PW
Thank you! I am not so entertained by my crying cat. smile She goes into the 'hallway of despair' as I like to call it, and she just howls like she's never received a minute of attention, or morsel of food, in her entire sad life. She's done this during multiple recordings that were otherwise going very well. I try not to take it personally, but I wonder sometimes if she is judging my performance and/or my musical choices LOL.
laugh

S
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
S
Many thanks to Qwerty53, AndresVel, Rachtoven, barbaram, Serge88, SamS, AssociateX, Ido, MarieJ, SMA55, ShiroKuro, stumbler, Kevin1116, piano primo for your positive comments on the Brahms. Glad that some didn't know them: always good to widen our repertoire of listening! Brahms is one of my favourite composers but the slower Intermezzi is about all my limited technique will allow me to play. Thank you.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Apologies for my tardiness at getting my comments out. A few more now.

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
Masterly playing. I enjoyed this.

30. Purrblast - Prelude in E minor
Haunting. Very sensitively played and congrats on your daughter.

31. Moo smile - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
Lovely. Well played. You bring a nice touch to this.

32. sma55 (Shepherd Abrams) - Alla Turca from Sonata in A major KV 331
Wow. So much speed, so much control and a nice touch. I enjoyed listening to this.

33. winterflower - considering
Thoughtful improvisation that makes it feel like I am going on a journey through time and space. I enjoyed this.

Nicely played, I enjoyed your trills and ornaments and the energy in the last movement.
Impressive and the good recording quality added to my listening enjoyment.

35. Flygbladet - Nocturne in E minor
I've been looking forward to listening to some John Field and I think this is the first I heard.
Well played and that was very enjoyable.

36. Piano_primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach#Sacred song "Schaffs mit mir, Gott", BWV 514
Just lovely, and I love the deep rich piano sound you have chosen for this piece.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Here's my second batch of comments. I'm restraining myself to commenting on what I know something about, and that is classical pieces (and maybe some that sound classical).

26. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in C Major (BWV 846)
Wonderfully sensitive rendition, great sounding piano, and still your dog steals the show. I know, tough world. smile

27. Peter Hontaru - The Little Ballerina
Interesting piece which I didn't know. Lots of fast finger work there, and you handled it excellently.

28. JJHLH - Waltz No. 10 in B minor
Beautifully played, and very melancholy.

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
Goodness, a whole lot of notes happening very rapidly. Very impressive, and the final arpeggio sounded perfectly appropriate.

Excellent! I like that tempo.

31. Moo smile - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
That sounded fresh and really enjoyable. Well done!

Delightful! Nimble fingers, and excellent dynamics.

Beautiful, and hugely impressive.

Pleasant and entrancing performance. I think your Moonlight hypothesis might be true.

36. Piano_primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach#Sacred song "Schaffs mit mir, Gott", BWV 514
Nice playing of a nice melody. I enjoyed it. Your video channels cubusdk. smile

37. Greta99 - Valse Lente, Op. 33
The composer is unknown to me, but the waltz was delightful, and your playing lovely.

38. JoBert - Erinnerung
Very elegantly played, and very sad too. Thank you for providing the background story.

39. PikaPianist - Melodie Op.4, No.2
Excellent playing, and very good recording too.

40. Snejana - Sarabande
That was fascinating; it's a dance, but it sounded deeply mysterious. Great!

41. KevinM - Songs Without Words 30.6 and 19.4
Beautiful! I like the second one best, but you made them both sound good.

42. sandalholme - Intermezzi Op116 Nos 5 and 6
The first one is quite weird, but it grows on you. The second is really nice. Excellent playing throughout (good dynamic control).

43. selfishplayer - (only)Toccata and (no)Fugue in d minor BWV 565 Piano Transcription
Great! Amazing speed. Bonus points for choosing this work. smile

44. AssociateX (Liz) - Prelude in F# Major WTC 1 (BWV858)
Very fine and precise playing, and splendid trills.

45. Talao - La Pastorale (Op. 100, No. 3)
Good steady pace, and consistent touch. You are well on your way!

47. psyche23 (Edwin) - Arabesque No. 1
Excellent performance. I hear the autumn too (now).

49. Kevin1116 - Piano Sonata in E-Flat Major Op. 27 no. 1 "Quasi una Fantasia" IV. Allegro Vivace
Brilliant, and very impressive.

50. Qwerty53 - Valsette en bleu
Very quirky piece, played very well.

51. Sam S - Song Without Words op 19-4
Wonderful playing, and very interesting running commentary. smile

Thank you everyone who listened to my performance, and especially all those who commented on it. I appreciate these comments very much. I think this has been a magnicifent recital and am looking forward to the next one already.

Physical instruments: Roland FP-30, and E-28
Virtual instruments: "The Experience" piano collection, NI "The Maverick", Galaxy II Grand piano collection, Synthogy Ivory II Studio Grands, Production Voices Estate Grand, Garritan CFX Lite, Pianoteq 7.5.2
Focus: 1850±100 years
D
D
Thanks to those of you who have commented on my mazurka submission, I'm glad it was a new Chopin piece to most people. I just wanted to play a mazurka or two at that point, when I was returning to piano lessons after a long break, and I happened to like this one a lot precisely because it had this folksy and dance-y feel to it.

I've listened to the entire recital, and it was such a treat. As always, I particularly appreciate the variety of genres and styles, as I tend to listen mostly to classical music on my own, while these recitals introduce me to a broader range of great music. I wish I had the time for individual comments, but this is a very busy time at work and at home. Special kudos to those who submitted movements from classical sonatas, those are notoriously challenging. But really, great job, everybody!

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate!

T
Ted Offline
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
T
Originally Posted by piano_primo
12. Ted Jones - Burst loveletter number nine Fast moving piece... alot of melodic change. Rapid Cool listening experience. I like the brazen aspect.

Thanks for listening, glad you like it. I take my music seriously but see little point in anything I cannot play immediately and enjoy. If other people enjoy it too then so much the better.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce
R
R
Final comments follow. There were so many wonderful performances, and I was exposed to composers and pieces I've never heard of before. Thanks, again, everyone for your comments on my performance. I do indeed like to play the Bach C major prelude in Romantic style.

Nicely played, particularly since you started so recently.

46. ShiroKuro - Energy Flow
Very well done. This was enjoyable.

One of my favorite pieces and you absolutely nailed it!

48. Stumbler / Dave - Sentimentale
Great composition and playing! Sometimes, composers aren’t the best performers of their pieces, but you played this with great feeling and sensitivity.

What a lovely little piece, and very nicely played.

Next part of my comments:

26. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - Prelude in C Major (BWV 846)
Nice job. You seem to be getting accustomed to the new piano so far.

I dare say you really deserved the distinction. The piece and performance do convey a ballerina's light steps and lithe gait.

An enjyable Chopin performance with a nice delicate and sensitive touch.

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
I'm extremely unfamilar with Scarlatti. I enjoy the brisk pace and pleasant melody of this piece, and can imagine how challenging it must be to play it at the required tempo. Thanks for sharing this.

More Chopin? Don't mind if I do! Beautiful finish.

31. Moo - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
Good job returning to this piece and overcoming its challenges. The result sounds great.

I've always liked this Mozart composition and this particular segment. It's just a rapid-fire succession of delights for your ears. I barely notice the tempo inconsistencies and they don't detract from the enjoyment.

33. winterflower - Plenty.
A bit too contemplative for my taste (I just like more pronounced melodies), but a good and competent performance nonetheless.

This is an impressively even and accurate performance for a single take, facdo. I really enjoyed all three parts of the performance and its variety across the different movements. Your hard work has paid off.

This piece does sound like it's toying with expectations, whether on purpose or not. Good job getting such a nice sound from the P45.

A calm and soothing piece. Thanks for sharing.

I'd never heard of this composer before. Well done with this smooth and even performance.

38. JoBert - Erinnerung
This Schumann piece is a really fine choice, and you play it with appropriate expression.

An enjoyable piece. Nice job with the subtle reprise of the opening.

40. Snejana - Sarabande
A rather lovely piece played with great control. Nice melancholy mood.

Originally Posted by Peyton
22. Calvera- A nice piece. Is there a song that goes with it? Sounds like there should be. Well played... I love those sparkling high notes.
This composition does make great use of the high register! I know of at least one unofficial vocal cover, but this was always an instrumental piece through and through.

Originally Posted by piano_primo
22. Calavera - Youre Not Alone Nicely played moving piece. I know this has to be quite a challenge of a play... with the dynamics and how well you played it. Kudos o you!
Thanks for listening and commenting piano_primo. Yes, almost every single measure of this piece was a struggle for me at first! This piece becomes immensely rewarding, though, as you accuracy and feel for the dynamics increase. it's challenging, but it's the best kind of challenging I know smile

Last edited by Calavera; 11/27/20 03:31 AM.
S
S
I’d like to thank a few more individuals who kindly took the time out to comment upon my performance of Mozart’s Turkish March: barbaram, Kevin1116,
piano_primo, KevinM, QuasiUnaFantasia,
and Calavera. And special thanks to Sam S for selflessly making these recitals happen, as well as for creating and maintaining the Recital Index.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
Finally, my last set of comments.

How sweet this sounds. It is like a loving embrace, but held only softly letting you break free if you so need. I like how it is broken up into distinct parts. Played beautifully. I've never heard of this composer before.

38. JoBert - Erinnerung
You play this with just the right touch and notes to emphasise. I'm slowly making my way through Album for the Young and am now looking forward to when I reach this piece. Very thoughtful.

Wow, that was just beautiful. The music and how you played, just perfection. Your piano sounds wonderful and you must have a great recording setup as it does your piano justice. Everything about this was just so.

40. Snejana - Sarabande
Beautiful. Hard to imagine this being a dance that was banned. The music feels melancholy. A nice rich sound.

hmmm - I don't quite know what to make of this.

I always find it a bit difficult to connect with Brahm's music. This is no exception, you do play it well and I did enjoy your use of emphasis.

Really well played. I can understand why you like to play it.

You have a good sense of musicality and after only 1 year and 4 months that was really well done. I enjoyed the listen.

Beautiful. I've no knowledge of the composer or expectations of style, but I felt that was played with just the right sensitivity. I enjoyed it.

I could in no way tell this was a rushed decision to submit this piece. That was well done, I enjoyed it. I can imagine the autumn leaves being blown about by the wind.

So lovely, not only the playing but also the composing.

49. Kevin1116 - Piano Sonata in E-Flat Major Op. 27 no. 1 "Quasi una Fantasia" IV. Allegro Vivace
Honestly, just wow. That is truly fantastic. I can understand why getting a recording in one take would be difficult.

I really enjoyed the interesting sound of this. It feels like a journey taking you in unexpected directions. I think if I new the patters of blues music better perhaps I would be better at anticipating the direction. But for me it was fresh and enjoyed listening to the deviations.

Well what can I say. Right now I know this piece well. I recognize so many of your comments in your video. Funky fingering, well absolutely. Don't screw it up now, well I did trying to bring out the top line and having a mis hit while doing so.

I very much enjoyed listening to your version. It is a lovely little piece that I'm still trying to polish.

Thank you Sam for all the hard work you do keeping the ABF recital going.

1000 Post Club Member
1000 Post Club Member
Originally Posted by stumbler
38. JoBert - Erinnerung
36. Piano_primo - Notebook for Anna Magdalena BachSacred song Schaffs mit mir, Gott, BWV 514
Maybe simple, but also quite naked. Nice balance in loudness between left and right hands.

I have to take this out of context for a responding comment. It's getting a little more lax in the USA, hopefully it was tasteful ..... see the rest [Linked Image] smile (nonsensical pun).

More seriously , Inow it's beginner but I'm taking it "easy" .

Congratulations to everyone that submitted a piece really enjoyed listening to them. Thank you to Sam who put in a lot of effort to make it as easy as possible to submit a recording as well as to listen to others'.

Thank you all that commented on my recording for the awesome words, it is always really motivating to hear others’ thoughts. It was especially rewarding to hear about my musicality improving. Last year, I got 116 marks on my Grade 5 exam and almost no mentions of wrong notes in the commentary. This year, the commentary mentions mistakes in EACH of the 4 pieces I played but commanded the musicality so overall I got 136 marks and a distinction in my grade 6. I really got to understand how important the musicality is and not hitting the right note and hope to keep this up next year for grade 7.

Some of my comments below:

02 - QuasiUnaFantasia - very nicely played and great piece choice. Shaped the left-hand arpeggios nicely. I almost learned this as well for my exam as it was on the curriculum but thought I will play enough Chopin in my lifetime (he is my favourite) so did something completely new instead (the one in this recital)

04 - Ido - was not familiar with this little prelude at all. It was a very pleasant listen and really enjoyed the playing, especially the left hand

06 - Peyton - very nice playing of this classic Aria, you did it justice! It's also beyond me how some pianists memorise and play all these Bach to Bach (yes, I did that, I apologise)

07 - pianist685 - very clean trills and arpeggios. That E major arpeggio, if I remember correctly, is painful to get right in this piece. Really nice to hear that you also enjoyed her rendition as it is very different from that of other professional pianists. Made me want to listen to it again

09 - Serge88 - one of my all-time favourite pieces, really enjoyed your rendition. Loved the camera work too

14 - AndresVel - not an easy piece to play after only 5 months. Really nicely played and an awesome choice of a piano, especially that early on. You’re on the right path

16 - AlexKi - another early beginner playing really really well! One of my favourite pieces from the album. The only piece of feedback I would give is to make it sound less metronome-like (by adding rubato), especially on the repeat of the intro. This is more of a personal preference, it doesn’t make it wrong in any way. Very clean recording though, especially given that you started less than 2 years ago

25 - Jason Lenthe - loved the 3 against 4 in this piece. Strongly considering doing this for my grade 8 exam and it was nice to listen to your interpretation as I want to see how different people interpret this piece early on. Great job

26 - bSharp(C)yclist - absolutely in love with your setting and my heart melted when your dog came and sat down. I think you did a particularly great job at controlling the dynamics in this piece. Well done!

28 - JJHLH - graceful playing, great job

30 - purrblast - nicely shaped tone and enjoyed the contrast between the two hands. Well played!

31 - Moo - never listened to a Shostakovich fugue before, sounded very good. Had some catchy motifs

32 - sma55 - very clear playing! Hold on, is that YOUR Steinway D model? That is incredible - my only complaint is that I would’ve loved to see you playing in the video given the setting but only a small detail

34 - facdo - spoke with you before in particular about this piece. Having been practicing the last movement for 1-2 weeks now, I can confirm it is a pain to learn and that makes it so much more impressive that you played it that well within a full recording. Excellent job

36 - piano_primo - I thought I was familiar with the whole Notebook for Anna Magdalena Album but didn’t recognise this one. Loved the bit with the strings on. Great control of the tempo

38 - Jobert - this piece brings up memories, as I did it for my Grade 5 last year. I think this is the most beautiful piece from that album, even though it has so many gems. No 30 is also one of my favourites. Very nicely shaped playing.

39 - PikaPianist - loved the playing, what a charming little piece and your voicing was very clear! I think you did an excellent job with the angles too, by the way

43 - selfishplayer - very impressive display of virtuosity that this piece requires. I might be too much of a beginner to understand how much work needs to be put into something like this but looks like you’ve practiced your scales. Would love to learn it one day

44 - AssociateX - I was very impressed with your trills in particular, they sound so clean! great playing smile

46 - ShiroKuro - never heard the piece but thought your playing was really good. Really enjoyed your story with the piece and that you still enjoy playing after all the years!

51 - Sam S - majestic piece, you did it justice and loved seeing your thoughts on it

I've been playing the piano since Jan '18.
More recently, I passed Grade 6 with distinction and plan to take Grade 7 in late 2021.

I am documenting my progress, recitals and experiences of learning how to play the piano as an adult on my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/PeterHontaru
Last comments!

A thoroughly enjoyable performance. I can see why you like these pieces. Really nice and accomplished performance with a wonderful sensitive touch.

Interesting compositions. I can't tell whether the first piece is ominous or light-hearted. The 2nd piece is quite a treat and you seem to do it justice with your skilful and even performance.

43. selfishplayer - (only)Toccata and (no)Fugue in d minor BWV 565 Piano
Congratulations on tackling this beast of a piece! A technically accomplished and enjoyably express performance of the toccata.

I'm not familiar with this Bach piece. Thanks for sharing. Nice and smooth playing.

An even performance with a great finish. Well done.

I've never heard this Sakamoto piece before. I can hardly believe this beautiful piece was composed for a commercial. Well, the Japanese do have this reputation for going all-out with their ads... A great performance with enjoyable variations and a pristine tone.

Debussy is not my cup of tea, but this is a nicely polished performance, especially for something done at the last minute.

Interesting and enjoyable composition. Somehow, this doesn't sound that sentimental to me, and evokes a relaxing afternoon tea instead.

Great job playing this piece so accurately and with such brisk and lively momentum. Nice change of cadence 4:30! A fun piece to listen to.

Nice waltz. It does subtly evoke a blue colour, somehow. Good job.

Fun video! i love your attention to detail in this performance, as evidenced by the subtitles.

Gold Supporter until June  2023

Gold Supporter until June  2023
Continuing with my appreciation for everyone's kindness, I'd like to thank Kevin1116, piano_primo, QuasiUnaFantasia, Rachtoven, KevinM, and Calavera very much for taking the time to listen to my piece and for your words of encouragement and feedback.

Kevin1116: I agree. Upon listening to it afterward, I also thought my LH was a bit too heavy. Working on it.

Talão

Yamaha U3 and Kawai MP11SE
My piano journey (playing since July 2019)
10 weeks into Duane Shinn's 52-Week Crash Course
F
F
Great recital, I really enjoyed listening! Thank you to everyone who participated!

I was hoping I would be able to find time to comment on all submissions, but I’ve been super busy with work, so I won’t be writing any comments for this recital.

But I have to say that I was very happy to read all the comments regarding my performance. Thank you Qwerty53, AndresVel, Rachtoven, barbaram, Sam S, Serge88, MarieJ, Ido, PianogrlNW, ShiroKuro, stumbler, Kevin1116, piano_primo, KevinM, QuasiUnaFantasia, Calavera and Peter Hontaru, I really appreciate your feedback!

A special thanks to Sam S for organizing the recital, thank you very much!

YouTube Channel with all my recordings and my piano progress.

[Linked Image]

I
Ido Offline
I
I'd like to thank everyone for listening and commenting. Some of the comments really made my day.

Here's are some more comments from me:

09. Serge88 - Your Song
This is a beautiful transcription, and a pleasure to listen to. If I may suggest, work on getting a more steady pulse. For example - the opening sounds great, but then when the blue notes are introduced (and also ornamentations) - they really throw the rhythm and the pulse of the song off. you can try practicing along with the recording - it will give you an immediate feedback whenever you deviate from the pulse. Looking forward to your next submission!

11. vte - Andante from Sonatina Op 55 No 4
sounds great, very pleasant

17. dumka1 - Mazurka op. 6 no. 2
This sounds very authentic and true to the style. Great job, very musical.

19. rwsavory - Aria
I was very impressed with the piano sound. Great playing, very vocal like, singing tone. The ornaments are done remarkably well, not just technically but musically.

21. Rachtoven - Prelude in C major, BWV 846
Very interesting and unusual interpretation. at some point I was thinking there should be some more variation in dynamics, but just then came a slow wave of crescendo smile
I thought the ending was just a bit too slow, but still special. Great work!

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
You've done a great job with it. It sounds super challenging, I think you could slow it down considerably and it would still sound good (even better).

A great, sensitive performance of this piece. Kudos.

Very crisp, great dynamics, lively performance. Sounds like Mozart should sound IMO. <clap>

Started playing piano in early 2017. My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNyp3JmDfITneq2uSgyb-5Q/videos
S
S
A few more comments

32. sma55 Shepherd Abrams - Alla Turca from Sonata in A major KV 331
Well done. Nice and clean. I especially like the the arpeggiated grace notes in the left hand and the octave stuff.

31. Moo - opus 87 no 7 - A major fugue
This one is a new one to me. Nicely played. Sounds more complicated than just arpeggios. Good job on voicing. Impressive page turning too!

I'm a sucker for this sort of music. One suggestion is that you could shape the dynamics of the melody a bit more. You do this later in the piece, but I feel it needs more earlier too. I'm really not qualified to give technical comments, so take this with a grain of salt. I think you controlled the left hand very well, never overwhelming the melody. I enjoyed this,

29. timmyab - Sonata k25
Oh, this is a nice one. You play it fast enough to feel authentic.

Eminently danceable. I love this piece.

I haven't hear this one before. Delightful. Sensitively played.

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
S
S
piano_primo, Rachtoven, KevinM and Calavera, thank you your kind comments,

Roland RD-700NX

[Linked Image]
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bart K, platuser 

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,385
Posts3,349,194
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission